ELSA dress hunt!!!

My sister went to a dis store in south Fl and there were about a hundred people there. She said they had 41 dresses but not much of anything else. She was looking for the plush dolls, swimsuits, and shoes and they didn't have any.

I went to our local store this morning. About 20-30 people there by 10. There was no raffle - just a beeline for the checkout counter. This wasn't explained - people just started moving very fast in that direction - some not so nicely. One woman walked up right at 10, elbowed me out of the way and then took out my 2 year-old once the doors opened. Good gracious, lady. It's just a dress. People need to chill. I was about the 5th person there but ended up about 15th in line because I wasn't going to be rude.

Our store had no dresses. Just Elsa dolls and Olaf plushes. They really should do a raffle at our store.

Report from Palisades Center Mall, NY: Raffle was for three Elsa dresses in 9/10. No other dresses available. Olaf plush, Anna barbie doll, Elsa barbie doll and A&E flip flops available.

Sounds like it's totally random of what each store receives. I am hoping per Disney, the supply will be back up in July and no more frenzy. Those rude people pushing for a dress will feel pretty stupid then!

No luck for me. My store only had a few stuffed Olaf's and some figurine sets left. I'm not in any hurry though.

Toronto store had over 150 people lined up for 17 dresses.

image_zpsfbe31455.jpg

Our local store had no Elsa dresses but I was lucky to get one in a re-stock fro the website. Only Olaf's, playsets and the lipstick sets and the finger puppet sets.
We were second in line and got a Olaf for DS ( who was terribly upset that the Easter Bunny brought Olaf for his sister and not him) and DH got two for his boss's children.
We also bought some other things too.

Very Orderly in the store. We knew going in to this morning that the store we were going too had no dresses. TDS released a list online of those who had the dresses.

Now we wait for UPS to deliver the Elsa dress…

I was at our mall in Overland Park, KS and they got 58 dresses this morning they said. They had a roped off area and had a huge line when they opened I was told. She said they are starting to get some in every Friday night to put out Saturday so just to call to verify.

We aren't going until end of September so just waiting and not trying to freak out about finding one yet.

Our store had two in the size(4) that we were looking for. Only a handful of people registered for that size and we were lucky enough to get one!

Our store had 20 dresses this morning, a few in each size. Also had a bunch of all the different types of dolls and plushes.

We weren't trying for a dress but we were able to get the Anna, Elsa, and Christoph animator dolls, which are exactly what we were hoping for. We got to our store at 8:45 for a 10am opening, we were probably about #40 in line, with at least 200 people behind us by store opening. We got one of the last 2 Elsa animator dolls and there were about 5 Anna's left. When we walked out, the line was still far out the door.

Any chance they still have any? I'm in wdw now and my daughters have been begging for these and we can't find them anywhere.

They had a whole wall of them as of last night at Sir Mickeys, but they are all size 2/3 or xxs.

We ran into Disney @ 10:59 Saturday morning with 1 minute to register for drawing. Our store had 20 dresses total, most of them 5/6 and 7/8. Lucky for us we needed a 7/8 and there were 9 available. Since I was the last to register I knew there were only 16 entrants for the 7/8 dresses. Our ticket was called and we paid and got outta there. So relieved I don't have to return for the drawing again. I heard the line was 1/2 way down the mall when the doors opened. There were multiple winners from the same families. There were also dolls, and plates that I hadn't seen before. I check our store a few times a week and have managed to get a deluxe nightgown and an accessory set :) Still checking back often for shoes and crown.

I was successful in getting the Elsa dress. My store only had 2 in the size I needed, and you did not have to be present to "win". They also would not let multiple people from the same household enter, even if you had multiple children. Also, if it was obvious you had friends with you, only one entry per group. I'm happy I don't have to go through that again.

My Target had a ton in stock this morning. (5 Elsa and 4 Anna). Check your local Target, maybe they just got shipments in.

The dress at Target is the same dress Toys R Us gets, and they're of dress-up rather than costume-quality. Itchy, to boot.

My husband and I went to two different stores Saturday. The one I went to had a total of, maybe, 20 dresses, of which none came to me :sad2:. They did have the Barbie-sized dolls, Animator Collection dolls (including Kristoff, but just two), figurine sets, and Olaf plush. The store my husband went to had lots of dresses, it seemed - he said there were 14 of the size 5/6 (which is what we need), and he had three entries in the drawing since there were some nice people there who agreed to put his name on their drawing tickets, but he didn't score a dress, either. So, next weekend, we're going to try to hit all four Disney stores in the metro Phoenix area prior to drawing. My daughter's birthday is the 13th, and I really want to get one for her!

I actually received the Elsa dress that I was able to get on the disney store site last week! I was in denial until it finally showed up on my doorstep yesterday. My daughter is going to be so happy when we get to Disney in two days and she wakes up to her very own Elsa dress!! Now if I could only snag a reservation at CRT...

I went to our Disney Store last Saturday and there were no 7/8 so we tried for a 5/6 for my niece. There were only about 30 people for the size with 12 5/6 dresses and of course I didn't get picked (I warned DD that I am not a lucky person!). DD has a 5/6 that we bought last September that she wore for Halloween (can you believe no one knew who she was dressed up as then?? She had to tell everyone who Queen Elsa was!!) so my thought is buy her a 7/8 because of a big growing spurt over the winter and pass the 5/6 to my niece.
At least we're lucky in that we have one dress, even if it's a little short on her...
Back to stalking the DS website and will be headed back to the store on Saturday. (All this started when I realized DD's dress was getting small on her and then my niece asked me to get her one for her b-day next month because "Aunt Terri can get anything Disney, right???" And I can't let that cute little soon to be 5 year old down :)

I have been looking for an Elsa dress for my 2 year old daughter to wear to meet the princesses in July. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the authentic Disney Store/Park dresses between a size 2/3 and a size 3 or 4? It looks like they are different from what I have seen in pictures on eBay. Either they or different or people are selling fakes on eBay. The main difference I see is that some of them are missing the big white snow flake area that is at the top of the see through outer part of the dress.

Does anyone know if there is a difference or has anyone else noticed this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter