Ellen DeGeneres show tickets ?

CanadaJulie

Mouseketeer
For those of you who managed to get tickets to see the Ellen show - how long in advance did you get your call from the rep ?

We are going over MLK weekend (leaving exactly 5 weeks from today) and only last week did the tickets show up on the schedule for the dates we'll be there. I put in the request and am wondering if/when I will find out if we can go or not ?

I am such a planner !! I need to know all this NOW so I can decide what we will do on which day, then change it all around again and back :laughing:

(Hey -planning is half the fun !!)

Thanks
Julie

I got Ellen tickets for Jan 26th. I put in for them earlier this week and received the call on Friday offering me guaranteed tickets. I was surprised to get the call so quickly. Good luck with yours. I hope you get them!

I've heard horror stories about the Ellen Show. Just please show up early so you are not disappointed to find it full.

Also, we do The Price is Right taping once a year. You have to show up at 5 am for the 1 pm taping, just to give you an idea.

Well, it 's not looking good I guess. No call back and I put in for them over 2 weeks ago.

I'm kinda bummed at this !! I checked everyday **for weeks** waiting for my dates to come out and when they finally did, I jumped on it and got nothing. A collegue of mine is also going down (attending the same conference as me) and when I mentionned requesting the tickets, he requested them for the next day and he never got called back either !!

I wonder if it's because we're from Canada ? Is there priority for US citizens over us foreign tourists ? IMHO, that would be rather odd in the sense that I am a guaranteed audience member - I have airline tickets booked, hotels are pre-paid. I am definately going !! Whereas you might get more no-shows from people who are more local as they have the possibility of requesting another date if they can't show for whatever reason.

Anyways, we might do the WB tour and see if they have any "day-of tickets"... Or not...

Have fun on the 26th !! I am very jealous !!
Julie

I tried to get tickets in December. I know they had the 12 days of giveaways, but this was for a day that wasn't--the 18th. Last year there was stuff on the website saying when the December tickets were going to be available, etc....this year--nothing. They also have said you couldn't have attended a previous show and then in November she awards an entire audience with tickets to one of the 12 days of giveaways. We actually had our airfare from NY to LosAngeles. I thought if we get the tickets I will worry then about how to get home. Tickets showed as available--never received a call back. I was so disappointed. The message boards said that a lot of December tickets were given away on radio stations in California. So here you have it--the true fans don't get the tickets and someone who is lucky enough to live in California wins them on the radio. Good Luck!

I wonder why they don't make the ticket request where it is first come first serve. We have 150 tickets, the first people to request them: get them. The rest get the message that none are available but you can be on a waiting list. Heck, it's not rocket science - if there are 150 available and you request 4, then there are 146 available, etc. til there are none. If you didn't play by the rules and requested tickets multiple days or whatever, you get yours pulled and the wait list people get a surprise call !

They say you'll be called back in the same order as the request but obviously that's false. The day after, the site was still showing "tickets available" and I had been checking obsessively every day so I know I was one of the first ones in. I work night shift, so I can check at pretty odd hours too !

Oh well... Guess we'll find something else to do !

Julie

I agree! The same thing happened when I requested the tickets for December 18th--no other day in December ever showed available. Here we were visiting from NY (cross country) and not a phone call back to be placed on a waiting list?? They kept posting ways to win 2 tickets for the giveaway days, but you never heard of anyone winning them. Very frustating indeed. I hope you have a great time anyway. We did the Warner Bros tour when we were there in June and it was pretty good. They were taping ER so it was exciting. Disneyland was great.

I am trying to get tickets to go to a show the first week of March. I check every day if they post is tickets are available.

Can somebody tell me about requesting tickets?

Can I request tickets even if it doesnt show up on the ticket calendar?

And if I don't get tickets ahead of time, do you think its worth it to go the day of and just check? (we are going to be doing a warner brothers studio tour on day)

To my surprise, we were able to get two tickets to the Ellen show for January 22nd. The interesting thing was when I had requested the tickets a week ago, I had clicked on the February calendar to submit my request, since that was the only month that showed "tickets available". January showed that it was all booked up.

When they called me fifteen minutes later, they said that they actually had tickets for the January 22nd taping. A couple of days later, I received the confirmation letter with "GUAR" written at the top of the letter, which stands for guaranteed tickets.

The only other time I had submitted a ticket request was last November, and I never got a response from that. I have no idea what their ticket process is when they receive requests.

Our check-in time is 1 PM, and my husband wants to be there around 10-11 AM, but from reading posts by others who have gone to the show with guaranteed tickets, getting there early isn't really necessary. You just have to make it there by check-in time. Your seats are guaranteed.

They assign you a number the order in which you arrive. However, they do not necessarily seat you in that order. A lower number doesn't mean you are closer to the stage than someone who has a higher number.

This will be our first time on Ellen's show, so we are very excited!

To my surprise, we were able to get two tickets to the Ellen show for January 22nd. The interesting thing was when I had requested the tickets a week ago, I had clicked on the February calendar to submit my request, since that was the only month that showed "tickets available". January showed that it was all booked up.

When they called me fifteen minutes later, they said that they actually had tickets for the January 22nd taping. A couple of days later, I received the confirmation letter with "GUAR" written at the top of the letter, which stands for guaranteed tickets.

The only other time I had submitted a ticket request was last November, and I never got a response from that. I have no idea what their ticket process is when they receive requests.

Our check-in time is 1 PM, and my husband wants to be there around 10-11 AM, but from reading posts by others who have gone to the show with guaranteed tickets, getting there early isn't really necessary. You just have to make it there by check-in time. Your seats are guaranteed.

They assign you a number the order in which you arrive. However, they do not necessarily seat you in that order. A lower number doesn't mean you are closer to the stage than someone who has a higher number.

This will be our first time on Ellen's show, so we are very excited!

Autumnsunshine,

Would you mind writing your experiences with the show? I managed to get tickets to a taping next month and I really want to be prepared. How early did you get there, were there a lot of people, etc.

We have guaranteed seats too but I want to make sure I'm not stuck in the back. Is there a way to control that? Also, if I have guaranteed seats, riff raff room is not an option, right?

Thanks!

(You can PM me if you prefer)

I stalked the Ellen website. As soon as I saw the date I wanted come up withint an hour of that I requested the tickets. I received a call a few days later that I have guaranteed seats for the show March 9, 2009. STALK the Ellen site for the tickets!!

I waited a couple of weeks before I got a response from the Ellen show, and I did get a response – guaranteed tickets. Although you don't have to arrive before the time indicated on your confirmation letter, if I had to do it all over again, I would get there early. When you get to the audience waiting area, you get in line and are assigned a number according to your place in line. Mine was 171. You are brought into the studio in numerical order. I was seated in the center section, 3rd row from the back. A lower number doesn't guarantee you'll be up front, but I do believe it will get you a better seat than mine was.

Hey guys :-)
well my mom is a huge Ellen fan and she watches her show on a daily bases.
That or we have a countless number of recordings on our DVR, hah ! I hear her laughing through the entire show or she has us wait while she rewinds it so we can see something hysterical that happened earlier. I'm sure you all know what i mean:-) but i know she would just DIEE for tickets, so i'm trying my hardest to surprise her with some !

I was wondering how i would go about doing that. I know you go to the Ellen website and there's the calendar that you click a date and fill out information, but the calendar I see is filled with "tickets unavailable" or its just n empty box for that day. I try to click on a date to fill out the information but there's no where to click ! haha. I know it's not rocket science, but i cant seem figure it out !

HELP ?

On the dates where is says "No Tickets Available" you can't
get tickets. And on the dates that are blank that means there
is no show that day. So you'll have to keep trying until you
find a date. Currently there are no dates available through
January. This is one of those situations where you just have
to try once or twice a week until tickets become available.

Does anyone know when these tickets go on sale for the following months? As in, do they go on like at 12 midnight of the month before? I keep checking and checking and it seems as if every single time I check (which is every day!) the month comes up and is already taken!)

I stalked the Ellen website. As soon as I saw the date I wanted come up withint an hour of that I requested the tickets. I received a call a few days later that I have guaranteed seats for the show March 9, 2009. STALK the Ellen site for the tickets!!

What time of day does the dates come up? I want to request as soon as they pop up. Does it vary?

What time of day does the dates come up? I want to request as soon as they pop up. Does it vary?
I would check every day at multiple times to see if there's a pattern. I doubt they announce something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter