• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Electrical Parade / Wishes Dessert Party

We went to the Wishes Dessert Party in May and you definately can't see the Electric parade from your seats.

We really enjoyed the party and watching the fireworks from the unique location. The music is there and we could see the fireworks right from our seats. The night we were there only a few people got up to the railing to watch but that did not block our view at all.

The food was great and was restocked well throughout the night. After the fireworks as people were leaving we stayed late since the park was closed. They came around and asked each guest if they wanted any more food or drinks before they would break down the buffet.

It was a beautiful night so many couples stayed to just look at the castle as the crowd filed down main street.

I noticed you show that you are in the park from 1-6th. Is there another night you will be able to see the parade before you go?

Just my experience: We were at the Dessert Party on the first night of the new fireworks/parade (Saturday, June 5th). We were assigned a table in the front row. We were able to see the parade from our table while we ate desserts (we had no experiences with any desserts running out, by the way). However, the parade is rather far away, so you can't see the floats well. But we were able to at least get the gist of it.

For the fireworks, we did go up to the rail. Even though our table was in the front row, we wanted to be able to see. People did gather along the whole rail (only 1 deep, though). The fireworks view was great.

The night we went, the parade was also running at 11pm, so we stopped on the street and watched most of it again then, on our way out of the park. The overall experience was good for us.

We just did the dessert party on Monday the 7th, also had the choice of the later MSEP that night..

We had a center front row table (yes they have the tables pre assigned with your last name on it) you could see the floats and bright lighs go by, but really couldn't "see" what it was...

The desserts were plenty and restocked, the line for drinks was longer than the dessert line.
We choose to stay at our table and watch the fireworks which we had no problem viewing, could also see tink fly perfect. The kids wanted to move to the railing, which was a better view. The whole railing was full, but like a PP said only one deep.. However the table next to ours, had a family move up front right in front of them and didn't move, and I could tell they were blocking their view of the castle.
The fireworks show itself was amazing and was nice to not have to worry about staking out a spot early.
However, with that being said, I'm not sure I would do it again at least not for that price.
There was nothing on the buffet that IMHO was to die for.. The chocolate covered strawberries was a nice touch considering I just spent $3 for one at Goofys. My fussy dd6 yr old, said she didn't like any thing but the strawberries. my son though thought it was the greatest thing ever to eat as many desserts as he wanted lol!

But to do it again , I doubt it. THink it is one of those things to try once and cross it off your list.
To the OP I guess I would wait, and see if they add the 2nd MSEP show.
If they don't, then I would ask you , what at this time is more important for you to see the fireworks or show? I would not do it for the desserts alone jmho...
good luck in your decisions!

A quick question for those who have been there - my parents who will both be in wheelchairs are coming with us next weekend, and I'm a bit concerned about the whole 'standing at the railing' thing - is there any handicap area to keep people from standing directly in front of my parents and blocking their view? I know they'll be able to see the fireworks high up, but believe me, my Mom especially spends too much time at events like this looking directly at other peoples behinds - if that's the case, then it won't really be worth the cost, but if they can actually sit in their chairs and experience the fireworks without anyone standing in front of them, it would be a truly magical experience, and well worth the costs.

Pictures or other details would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

KC:hippie:

A quick question for those who have been there - my parents who will both be in wheelchairs are coming with us next weekend, and I'm a bit concerned about the whole 'standing at the railing' thing - is there any handicap area to keep people from standing directly in front of my parents and blocking their view? I know they'll be able to see the fireworks high up, but believe me, my Mom especially spends too much time at events like this looking directly at other peoples behinds - if that's the case, then it won't really be worth the cost, but if they can actually sit in their chairs and experience the fireworks without anyone standing in front of them, it would be a truly magical experience, and well worth the costs.

Pictures or other details would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

I do not know specifically how it would be handled, but I imagine that if you speak to a CM as soon as the party begins, they will accomodate your parents by maybe marking off a section of railing. Perhaps they can reserve it with a sign, so your parents can get right up to the rail at the appropriate time. I do remember there being plenty of rail space when we were there, so it was not a problem wiith anyone being on the second row.

If you post this on the DISablities board, they may have more direct experience with this- and can advise whether you should call ahead with your family's needs, or just wait till you get there.

I believe someone requested pictures of the surroundings/view from the Dessert Party. Here's what I've got:

General Area:

IMG_0472.jpg

P1020765.jpg

P1020766.jpg

I believe this was the view from our table (front row):

P1020772.jpg

Parade pictures (camera was zoomed in):

P1020775.jpg

P1020776.jpg

P1020783.jpg

A sampling of the desserts:

P1020777.jpg

P1020779.jpg

P1020780.jpg

These pictures are great! It looks like if you're in the front row, there's a few feet between your table and the wall - can you scoot your chairs over to the wall, or move your table over? Just asking because of my wheelchair bound guests - if they were sitting at that table in the front, and people were standing lining the wall in front of them, it would really interfere with their enjoyment, since they are unable to stand to see over them.

I know some people will say 'well, they can still see the fireworks in the sky' and that's somewhat true, but if you think that way, you owe it to yourself to put yourself in their place next time you're at an event like this, and sit in a chair behind people standing in front of you - not the best view, I can assure you:)!

These pictures are great! It looks like if you're in the front row, there's a few feet between your table and the wall - can you scoot your chairs over to the wall, or move your table over? Just asking because of my wheelchair bound guests - if they were sitting at that table in the front, and people were standing lining the wall in front of them, it would really interfere with their enjoyment, since they are unable to stand to see over them.

When we asked, they told us that we cannot move our chairs or our table. Something about it being a fire hazard if we moved them up closer to the railing. For what it's worth, we had about 1/2 hour to eat our desserts before the fireworks. They told us no one could start lining up at the wall until 15 minutes prior. Since we were in the front row, we decided to wait and see if people started lining up. When we saw a few, we were able to jump up quickly and get front and center along the railing. A lot of people stayed at their tables, but the railing was still lined with people. I would check with Disney, as maybe they have special accommodations for wheelchairs. If not, you could maybe jump up quick to grab a spot at the rail (if needed) and your wheelchair bound guests could join you in their wheelchairs at the rail maybe?

I agree, we saw guests trying to move their chairs to the rail, and they were clearly told that was not allowed.

I'm sure there is some way to accomodate guests who are in wheelchairs- I'm sure they would not be expected to look over the heads of people standing. You may just want to call ahead and find out if the special needs should be noted on the reservation. I'm sure the CM's at the party have addressed this many times.

I know some people will say 'well, they can still see the fireworks in the sky' and that's somewhat true, but if you think that way, you owe it to yourself to put yourself in their place next time you're at an event like this, and sit in a chair behind people standing in front of you - not the best view, I can assure you:)!

There was a family with a wheelchair bound son (one of those full body type chairs) at the table next to us and they rolled him up to the railing once people started lining up. They didn't have a special HA marked off that I saw.

The pics the other poster put up are of one half of the area. We sat on the other half of the area, the part on the other side of the V setup of tables, where you come into the party. There isn't as much railing area there that faces in the correct direction for Wishes. Although it would provide plenty of viewing for the Nightastic stuff I bet since it's a 360 experience.

Great Pics!!!

Thanks for the info everyone. Still hoping that they have 2 showings of the Electrical Parade... but I think that I'm still keeping the reservations. Especially since we never know when or IF they are going to have this again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter