Electrical Light Parade in Feb?

pink elephants

still looking for the magic feather
I'm approaching that 60 Day window for Fantasmic! and have a dilemma. We'll be there President's Day Weekend, and I was hoping that they'd do the Electrical Light Parade because it's a big weekend for them. So far it hasn't been scheduled, though. :guilty:

My original plan was to book F! seating on Friday and see the ELP on Sat, but if there's no parade, I'd like to end with F! on Saturday.

What do I do?

Do I book both Friday and Saturday, then drop one once I know for sure if the ELP is running?

Or do I book just Saturday because if the ELP isn't on the schedule now, it probably won't be?

Thanks for your help, DL whizzes!

There will probably be no ELP in February.

To book Fantasmic it is a 30 day window. I am assuming you are talking about the preferred seating with the dessert buffet.

The regular dining has a 60 day window to make reservations.

rsschneck said:
To book Fantasmic it is a 30 day window. I am assuming you are talking about the preferred seating with the dessert buffet.

The regular dining has a 60 day window to make reservations.

Thanks for the reminder (where's that hammer hitting the head smilie when you need it?!). I am talking about the dessert buffet, and I got my windows confused. (I'm so used to the 90 - now 180! - day windows of WDW.)

Guess that rather than a double ressie for the buffet, I'll make a double ressie for Ariel's Grotto (one for Friday, one for Saturday) instead and hope for the best (ELP -wise, that is). I'm sad about ELP being refurbished while we're there. Spectro is one of my favorite events at WDW, and I was looking forward to seeing the parade that inspired it.

ELP is way better than Spectro IMO. We missed the ELP 2 weeks ago and will miss it again in January when we return.

I am going to try for the dessert buffet too. DD and I will be celebrating our B-days! :goodvibes

From mouseplanet's latest update:
"Disney's Electrical Parade on hiatus for the off season, except for a two-week run starting December 16."

While this is an educated guess, it is extremely unlikely that it would run for a weekend only, there are too many people involved.

Cheers.

ralfrick said:
While this is an educated guess, it is extremely unlikely that it would run for a weekend only, there are too many people involved.

Hmm, you make a good point. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

Sadness. :guilty:

BTW, we may be back in San Diego in June. I'd be willing to go over for a day, just to see ELP. Ralfrick, do you know what days it usually runs when it's going?

Just want to point out that 30 days really means 1 month. So for instance tomorrow AM would be the day to book Jan 7 even though it is 31 days out. Make sure to call starting early (7:55am) and keep hititng redial until you get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter