• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electric vehicle charging point

Ruthie25

Mouseketeer
We are looking at hiring an automatic car for our trip in October, and the cheapest by quite an amount is an electric vehicle. Are there any charging points at Disneyland Paris, in particular in the car park (we will be staying off site)? Thanks

There are loads in actual Paris, but none in DLP - they don't even have electricity points for motor homes.

Your best bet would be to charge outside Disney or hire a different car I think :-/

There's charge points in HNYs car park. Maybe ring them to see what the lay of the land is :-)

Ooo are there?? Lets us know how you get on :)

kizzabel said:
There's charge points in HNYs car park. Maybe ring them to see what the lay of the land is :-)

Or just book dinner at the Hotel and charge the car there once they let you in to the carpark ;)

Seriously though I think it is going to be something that Disney has to look seriously at in the near future as they get more popular, I am a little shocked that there aren't any in he main car park.

I wouldn't have noticed except we were outside waiting on a shuttle to Orly last May and we saw the most beautiful Honda car being charged right by the valet area. Myself and hubbie love cars, I especially love Hondas so we wandered over for a gawk and I went all nerdy and took pics! We saw a couple of these cars around the HNY car park and IIRC there were a few charge points allotted spaces in the carpark in a row, right near the hotel entrance.

For some reason I had it in my head that these could be DLP employees / DLP owned cars though. But I can't be sure :confused3

..... and I THINK it means that there are indeed charging points in a special area of the car park!

"Please note that electric borders are very available to reload your vehicles.

To be able to benefit from it you have to during your arrived to the cash registers of our parking lot visitor stipulate that you have an electric motor car.

An access code for another parking lot will be put back to you or you can reload your vehicle."

Also found this, (http://www.4-traders.com/EURO-DISNE...f-the-car-fleet-at-Disneyland-Paris-15533402/) which again indicates that free chagring is available to guests as part of a change of DLPs own vehicles to electric.

"The choice of electric vehicles for the executives in the company required a certain number of adaptations of the site. Indeed, to allow users to charge their vehicles with electric energy no matter where they are, 21 charging stations have been set up.
First of all, in the backstage area of the destination, Disneyland Paris chose to extend these new measures to the guest parking lot and to those of certain hotels (the Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Hotel New York and Disney's Newport Bay Club) thus offering its guests the possibility of reaching and discovering the destination in a 100% electric mode."

Excellent - seems they are catching up well!!

There are defiantly at least 3 points in the disneyland hotel car park. As we were parked next to them in may.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter