Electric scooters

drcoulsey

Mouseketeer
Friends are arriving at WDW in 2 weeks and will need to rent an electric scooter. They asked me if I knew what was the best company to use. Since I have no experience in this, I thought I’d ask on this board. I’m sure someone can help.

You may want to check over at the DISabilities board. That being said, I've used Buena Vista Scooter Rental. They are a sponsor of the DIS. I had a good experience using them and will be using them again in January

I have had very good experiences renting from Buena Vista Scooter Rental, including a trip we recently returned from. The scooters have been in good shape, and we have never had issues with the battery [for our recent MVMCP visit, the battery indicater never even left fully charged by the end of the party]. We also appreciate that they are able to drop off and pick up the scooter with Bell Services without us needing to be present at the time -- but understand this may not work for some people.

I prefer the design of the tiller/lever on the scooters they have to the design of the ones Walker Mobility used when I rented from them. The Buena Vista lever can be activated by a few different motions, while the Walker one needed the thumb. My thumb and hands were quite painful after just a short while using the walker scooter, but have always been fine with the Buena Vista scooter. YMMV.

SW

I prefer the design of the tiller/lever on the scooters they have to the design of the ones Walker Mobility used when I rented from them. The Buena Vista lever can be activated by a few different motions, while the Walker one needed the thumb. My thumb and hands were quite painful after just a short while using the walker scooter, but have always been fine with the Buena Vista scooter. YMMV.

SW

Yes, I agree with the tiller design. My thumb hurts just thinking about the design of Walker. It’s too bad-otherwise Walker was excellent. Although I had to meet them to get my scooter, they made it super easy.

Please check out the Disability board. There you will find a list of Disney-preferred suppliers. These suppliers can deliver to Bell Services where you then pick up the ECV. Other suppliers can deliver to the hotel, but you personally have to be present to accept the scooter. Not a bad thing if the rider is not familiar with using an ECV.

I had many good experiences with Randy's before I bought my own scooter. Sometimes Randy himself delivered it. When I was a new user I really appreciated the personal attention at delivery to make sure that I knew how to handle and dismantle the scooter.

I will second Randy's Mobility! We have used them on 2 different trips when renting scooters for my parents and they have always been great to work with. This last trip, they made it very easy for us to receive and drop off the scooters even though it was outside of their normal hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter