• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Edutainment extras" over the years

seandwt

Earning My Ears
Hello friends!! I'm compiling a list of the "edutainment extras" that have been offered at the theme parks over the years in an effort to extend and expand the theme park experience, usually leaning a bit more toward the "edu" part of "edutainment", but sometimes in subtle ways. I'm wondering if you could help to fill in some gaps and help me discover some new things? Here's what I have so far:

Extinct (I loved these growing up in the 80's!):
- Book series on the Future of Energy, Agriculture, Transportation
- Wonders of the World program (Energy, Entertainment, other?) at WDW with accompanying books

Active:
- Play Disney Parks app
- Enchanting Extras (unique access tours, nature experiences, special events, etc... lots of these now!)
- Animal Kingdom's Wilderness Explorers
- EPCOT Kidcot Fund Stops around World Showcase
- EPCOT Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
- Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom

What's missing?

Any favorites? Or wish lists?

Thank you!
Sean

I remember there being a Disney Institute at WDW and believe it had programs for cooking, animation, and maybe a few more things. I think these were purely educational though. I have not heard it advertised in a long time so am assuming that it is no longer a program. The other ones I could think of are the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land and the diving experiences at the Seas in EPCOT. I have not done any of these, but they always look(ed) fun.

Edited for grammar

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Agent P's World Showcase Adventure closed last month. I heard there is going to be a new, somewhat similar adventure introduced to replace it (with Donald and the other ducks?), but I don't think it's available yet.

I just read about a new self-led scavenger hunt in The Seas pavilion at EPCOT.

I'm pretty sure Agent P's World Showcase Adventure closed last month. I heard there is going to be a new, somewhat similar adventure introduced to replace it (with Donald and the other ducks?), but I don't think it's available yet.

Thanks so much! Would you happen to have a link to the Seas scavenger hunt?

Just to clarify they're replacing Agent P with what's essentially a Duck Tales version of it.

I remember there being a Disney Institute at WDW and believe it had programs for cooking, animation, and maybe a few more things. I think these were purely educational though. I have not heard it advertised in a long time so am assuming that it is no longer a program. The other ones I could think of are the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land and the diving experiences at the Seas in EPCOT. I have not done any of these, but they always look(ed) fun.

Edited for grammar

Disney still does business leadership conferences and the like but nothing like the old Institute. That facility actually got turned into Saratoga Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter