**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

I want to buy believe keys so badly! We’re going in February and I already bought tickets, and my sister can’t give me clear dates for the summer, so I haven’t purchased anything yet. I’m afraid the believe key will be blocked out when we need to go this summer. Plus I don’t know how to upgrade my 5 day passes. Ughhh. I bet they won’t be available soon.

I want to buy believe keys so badly! We’re going in February and I already bought tickets, and my sister can’t give me clear dates for the summer, so I haven’t purchased anything yet. I’m afraid the believe key will be blocked out when we need to go this summer. Plus I don’t know how to upgrade my 5 day passes. Ughhh. I bet they won’t be available soon.
I feel you. I also have tickets for February already. Since those are apparently impossible to upgrade to a MK unless you are on Disneyland property, I’m holding believe keys in my cart and telling myself to just wait until we arrive in February.

I really don’t understand why they can’t be a little flexible and allow those of us with tickets to upgrade and buy a new key by phone!

I feel you. I also have tickets for February already. Since those are apparently impossible to upgrade to a MK unless you are on Disneyland property, I’m holding believe keys in my cart and telling myself to just wait until we arrive in February.

I really don’t understand why they can’t be a little flexible and allow those of us with tickets to upgrade and buy a new key by phone!
I wonder if they will let you upgrade to a Magic Key at the ticket booths on the last day of your trip. I know that used to be allowed, and you just paid the difference, but I’m not sure now. Of course it could be sold out again in February too! I’ll check when I’m there and update my post.

Start a chat in the app. They might issue a refund on the tickets you have and you can buy the keys separately.

It will be interesting to see the reservation availability with them adding to the amount of MKeys sold.
I need clarification, the first day I make a reservation counts as first use or the first use of reservation counts as first use?

It will be interesting to see the reservation availability with them adding to the amount of MKeys sold.
I need clarification, the first day I make a reservation counts as first use or the first use of reservation counts as first use?

The first time you use the pass is considered first use. As in tap through the gates. From that date you have one year.

You have one year from date of purchase to activate your pass.

The first time you use the pass is considered first use. As in tap through the gates. From that date you have one year.

You have one year from date of purchase to activate your pass.
Adding to the above: for the Inspire Key, the first time you use the parking benefit counts as your first use, even if you don't actually visit the parks that day.

Has anyone or does anyone know if you can upgrade a pass that hasn't been activated? I'm looking at the calendar closely for Believe vs Imagine the non availability for December is non existent for Imagine. Believe at least has some Saturdays/Sundays open but the price hike is what I'm trying to justify.

Has anyone or does anyone know if you can upgrade a pass that hasn't been activated? I'm looking at the calendar closely for Believe vs Imagine the non availability for December is non existent for Imagine. Believe at least has some Saturdays/Sundays open but the price hike is what I'm trying to justify.
If it’s available for sale they might let you. I would start a chat in the app to ask.

Disney opened up pass sales on the 17th.

December 20th at 2:18 pm I get an email from Disney Destinations announcing the resumption of sales, almost four full days after the start.

I'm kind of disappointed that Disney did not make an effort to notify loyal Disney fans promptly. I don't think I got anything directly from Disney during the last opening.

I looked at the availability of passes. Inspire, Believe and Imagine Keys are still being sold so it looks like the pace of sales is at a calmer level. I hope that this is an indication that they may be able to just leave sales open and get back to normal operations.

I've decided not to get a pass yet. I will probably look at it again late summer/early fall.

People have been able to do so, but reported you have to go to the ticket booths to do so. You'll pay the upgrade difference between the two passes up front (no monthly)

I opened a chat earlier this week and the CM told me that she could not refund my 5 day park hoppers even if I purchased a Believe Key. I was actually a little surprised as I need 4 of them, so you would think Disney would want my money!

The CM was super nice and told me I could upgrade on the last day of my 5 day pass (so I don’t lose my reservations) or buy the Believe Keys separately and I would have 365 days to activate it. I told her I would just chance it at the park on the last day and she said that they might run out of passes again. Arghhhh. Honestly I just paid $2k for tickets and don’t want to pay a separate $4.4k for passes.

I opened a chat earlier this week and the CM told me that she could not refund my 5 day park hoppers even if I purchased a Believe Key. I was actually a little surprised as I need 4 of them, so you would think Disney would want my money!

The CM was super nice and told me I could upgrade on the last day of my 5 day pass (so I don’t lose my reservations) or buy the Believe Keys separately and I would have 365 days to activate it. I told her I would just chance it at the park on the last day and she said that they might run out of passes again. Arghhhh. Honestly I just paid $2k for tickets and don’t want to pay a separate $4.4k for passes.
Things have changed a lot since I last had an Annual Pass. The good thing is at least you can upgrade on the last day of your hoppers to a pass. I don't know if I would pay another 4+ thousand dollars separately :scared:
When are you in the parks? The voice message for Magic Keys says they are no longer selling them, however the website seems to be selling them. They should let you upgrade at the ticket booth since you already will have ticket value that you will be applying to the purchase of passes.

Do you live close enough to visit a ticket booth?

How far away are you from the parks? Any chance you can drive there and upgrade?

How far away are you from the parks? Any chance you can drive there and upgrade?

Shoot, for a price differential like that, if I lived within a day's drive, I'd be willing to drive down, get in line, get a cheap-'ish' motel for the night, then drive home!

I live 7 hours away, and that trip would cost me around $250 for gas (Prius), a night at Motel 6, and a couple of fast food meals. I'd do it to save that much money, no questions asked! I'd maybe even do if it wasn't 100% guaranteed! But then I'd have throw in the price of a 1 day ticket 'since I was there anyway' to soothe my disappointment.

Shoot, for a price differential like that, if I lived within a day's drive, I'd be willing to drive down, get in line, get a cheap-'ish' motel for the night, then drive home!

I live 7 hours away, and that trip would cost me around $250 for gas (Prius), a night at Motel 6, and a couple of fast food meals. I'd do it to save that much money, no questions asked! I'd maybe even do if it wasn't 100% guaranteed! But then I'd have throw in the price of a 1 day ticket 'since I was there anyway' to soothe my disappointment.

lol, no just make a same day reservation with the MK you now have!

Things have changed a lot since I last had an Annual Pass. The good thing is at least you can upgrade on the last day of your hoppers to a pass. I don't know if I would pay another 4+ thousand dollars separately :scared:
When are you in the parks? The voice message for Magic Keys says they are no longer selling them, however the website seems to be selling them. They should let you upgrade at the ticket booth since you already will have ticket value that you will be applying to the purchase of passes.
We’re headed to the parks on February 4, and I’m hoping they don’t sell out before then! I think the last time they did this, they sold out in 30 hours, so I’m a little worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter