• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

After 2 1/2 hrs we got the Imagine Key. I had a question so I called the MK phone number about 30 min after I got ours and the recording said sales were stopped and this was at 4:40 pm. Guess we got in right under the wire.

After 2 1/2 hrs we got the Imagine Key. I had a question so I called the MK phone number about 30 min after I got ours and the recording said sales were stopped and this was at 4:40 pm. Guess we got in right under the wire.

They're still available. Just opened a queue and saw this as of 8:05pm PT:

Screenshot_20230117-200552.png

Might be an old recording that wasn't updated for today's drop?

Just got our Believe Keys! We are new DVC owners and now we have them in time for our first "Welcome Home" stay at the Grand Cal in a few weeks. Now we can go to the parks each day of our trip :) We'll have to go a few extra nights to make it worth it but we can spread out our stays and make an extra trip or two.

We didn't want to get the Inspire Key as it was more than we needed so we missed the last window. So glad we got the passes this time.

Imagine still available. I had to log out and back in again for them to show up. Told my friend that so hopefully will work

We already used 1 Day earlier this month.

Queue: 1145; purchased 230pm

Will activate the imagine key sometime after summer to start the clock since we have the 3day to use up for remainder of this spring.
It’ll be backdated to the first day you used the ticket for park entry.

Check the expiration date on the passes.

It’ll be backdated to the first day you used the ticket for park entry.

Check the expiration date on the passes.
Sorry I wasn't clear. We have the SoCal 3 day pass and used 1st day - since already started, they won't refund that nor will they upgrade since already purchased the Key Pass.

We COULD have drove up to Anaheim ticket booth to plead our case to upgrade and backdate the pass; but that's highly uncertain and simply didn't have the gumption to do that.

So alternative now:
1. use up 2 remaining days as planned between Jan-May.
2. let summer pass as got the Socal pass anyways.
3. once dates reopen; start the Key Pass in August/sept and good for the year from there; covering the majority of our visits Sept-May anyways.

The only downer is the gap in early june. That's fine. We have a Hawaii plan there this year. Will suffer.

Drove to Ticket booth to purchase Magic Keys. The lines were managed by cast members. Original statement was only available to purchase online. However, if you are using a gift card to purchase, they allowed purchase at the ticket booth. Line moved at a snails pace, and my online queue opened to purchase before making it to a booth. However, they gave us paper tickets that state Magic Key Holder status, so that's a perk.

How does the magic key parking discount work if you haven’t activated your key yet? Or does it work? (Not planning on abusing this, but thinking for the first trip with our keys.)

I didn't see anything about this until late January 18th. it currently says closed but will resume tomorrow at 9 am (today as I post this). I have a dental appointment tomorrow so I won't be able to do anything until after lunch.

so, what is the current status? I didn't see anything in the pause notice about which keys were still available.

also I wonder if Disney is trying to keep this low key (no pun intended). I did a search and there were only a couple of news articles that came up.

I didn't see anything about this until late January 18th. it currently says closed but will resume tomorrow at 9 am (today as I post this). I have a dental appointment tomorrow so I won't be able to do anything until after lunch.

so, what is the current status? I didn't see anything in the pause notice about which keys were still available.

also I wonder if Disney is trying to keep this low key (no pun intended). I did a search and there were only a couple of news articles that came up.
I bought Believe keys around 9pm (PST), but I’d had them in my cart since Tuesday morning. I haven’t seen anything about any level selling out yet and I think that would’ve hit Facebook or Reddit if they had. Enchant is only available for renewals, but the other 3 should still be available to purchase. It does seem like there is less of a mad rush this time.

Now that magic key sales for all three but the enchant key have resumed is anyone else finding dates disappear on the reservation calendar? There were some dates that were open out in March specifically March 20th that was open but now show no reservations available for my enchant key. I figured this weekend would book quickly with the sale of magic Keys again, but wasn't expecting dates out in March to be booked.

Now that magic key sales for all three but the enchant key have resumed is anyone else finding dates disappear on the reservation calendar? There were some dates that were open out in March specifically March 20th that was open but now show no reservations available for my enchant key. I figured this weekend would book quickly with the sale of magic Keys again, but wasn't expecting dates out in March to be booked.
It’s showing as available for me.

Attempted to join the queue just to see what the current status was. As of 9:05am PST Thu. 1/19:

Attachments

• 119EAA68-D412-46D3-910F-882E4955C5DC.jpeg
    119EAA68-D412-46D3-910F-882E4955C5DC.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 7
Just tried at 12:03pm pacific time and no wait with the believe and inspire available.

Good to see everyone that wanted keys can get them now. Also good for those with them because there's no need to rush to renew.

Things slowly getting back to normal.
Imagine is still available as well, you just have to be logged into an account that has a SoCal address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter