• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

You know honestly, I thought all the hoards of people at the ticket booths yesterday were crazy and would easily be able to get the keys they wanted just by waiting a day or two but it looks like they had the right idea. Dang.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked. It's almost like Disney only sold the EXACT number of passes of people that didn't renew last year's.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked. It's almost like Disney only sold the EXACT number of passes of people that didn't renew last year's.
Hmm. That would be a good method, no? I like it as a concept/theory.

Did you make it through? lol
I'm still looking at Woody.

I tried to call MK services and listened to a very long pre-recorded message, then selected "speak to a cast member". it disconnected me after saying "try your call later"

I called the web site line after and actually got a live person! I was advised to don't do anything and just let it spin.

Last edited:
Double unbelievable

When trying to purchase passes, theres a phone number. I called it when I was in my circular loop of crashing website. Could get through multiple times. Finally got through. Got snark ("what do you want me to do, the pass is no longer available, sorry for your inconvenience"), finally seemed like perhaps she was trying to help me. After 45 minutes, the call was dropped.

Wow so quickly... Disney went from the best customer service to the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE in such a short span.

You know honestly, I thought all the hoards of people at the ticket booths yesterday were crazy and would easily be able to get the keys they wanted just by waiting a day or two but it looks like they had the right idea. Dang.

Given the history with the Dream Key I think those in the know didn't want to risk it.

I got VERY lucky getting one for someone else as I renewed from Dream to Inspire in September.
I saw a Facebook post about it at 840am , so joined the waiting room at 835am , was done by 1045am for Believe Key.

I want to say I'm surprised but I'm not.
I think this is two fold however from Disney.

My theory is they wanted more sales due to quarterly projections coming in lower, and knew people were biting at the bit for new sales and what better time than Holiday season BEFORE blackout dates !

I feel they wanted to push Believe and Inspire but maybe didn't account for more people going for Believe than Inspire and went the " Oh crap we better cut this off to funnel those towards Inspire."

Side question: I ended up getting Believe for someone. Is it still possible to upgrade to Inspire at ticket booths if their mind changes? Pass has not been used yet.
I understand the reservation could be lost but not worried since plans are flexible.

Edit: Just saw ALL BUT Inspire sold out now for new sales.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-135956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117-135956_Chrome.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2
Given the history with the Dream Key I think those in the know didn't want to risk it.

I got VERY lucky getting one for someone else as I renewed from Dream to Inspire in September.
I saw a Facebook post about it at 840am , so joined the waiting room at 835am , was done by 1045am for Believe Key.

I want to say I'm surprised but I'm not.
I think this is two fold however from Disney.

My theory is they wanted more sales due to quarterly projections coming in lower, and knew people were biting at the bit for new sales and what better time than Holiday season BEFORE blackout dates !

I feel they wanted to push Believe and Inspire but maybe didn't account for more people going for Believe than Inspire and went the " Oh crap we better cut this off to funnel those towards Inspire."

Side question: I ended up getting Believe for someone. Is it still possible to upgrade to Inspire at ticket booths if their mind changes? Pass has not been used yet.
I understand the reservation could be lost but not worried since plans are flexible.

You can only upgrade if the pass is still available for sale.

Then don't do it. They will put them on sale again next year.
Yes. I had finally made up my mind and was going to get the Imagine. I could pay for a regular day ticket for when I go with my daughter three or four times a year, if that. We only went twice this year. Then also go during the week by myself if I just wanted to walk around and enjoy the parks without riding rides. It would be different if I could drag her with me a few times a month like I used to when she was little. LOL

Was able to get on the purchase screen no trouble. Didn't actually click check out tho, but there are Inspires available still.

Looking at Disney's stock charts, the stock price went down 1.63% yesterday when the total market only went down 0.83%.

Their stock price crashed last week due to their poorer than expected earnings coming out. On November 12, all those 3 year plans for Disney+ expired which means this quarter, their streaming numbers will likely look bad since a portion of those will not be renewing. It seems to me like selling Magic Keys was a desperate attempt to boost revenue for the quarter and when it didn't have the intended effect on stock prices, they're pulling the plug on it.

Well, we did almost 50 visits last year and the only place I am willing to park is M&F/PP structure so it works well for us. Believe blocks out too many Saturdays and since we like to stay until night-time, Sundays don't work for family days due to work and school schedules.

It's also a bigger food discount. We spend a LOT on food. The extra 10% merch discount is handy, but we don't spend that much on merchandise.

The blackout dates are even worse for 2023 for both Believe and Enchant.

Yes -everything gone but the $1600 one. -which I can't justify when I don't live there.

Yes we did the math on a pass when they came back after the parks reopened…. We still lived out of state. The only one that mathematically made sense then was the Imagine, and it of course didn’t work for us because of the blackout dates. Now that we’re local, Inspire makes sense given how much we go.

Queue's been closed.

I literally can't have anything go my way apparently.

Queue's been closed.

I literally can't have anything go my way apparently.

This sucks. I'm so sorry to everyone who tried but couldn't get in.

I just wish Disney would be more transparent about all of this. (As in giving people a heads up about sales, and tempering expectations when it comes to how long sales might last, etc.) But, that's unlikely at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter