• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

Believe MK's are blocked again. now I have to see if I want to pay $500 more.

I'm at the period after "site".

any bets if Inspire closes before it is my turrn?

Last edited:

Bob at the meeting: ok, we open up the Magic Keys sales tomorrow. what's that? no, no, no. don't award that contract, I don't want to pay for extra server capacity. let them wait in line. they'll feel like they are in the park.
The true DLR at home experience!

Honestly thought, I'm not sure if they stopped sales at some point and updated inventory or what but I'm 98% there was zero dif for those shaking their fist at the unmoving queue last night and those who logged in today when it opened. 11 hrs, 20 min, no dif since the inventory accessed was the same.

Gosh, I’m shocked! I guess Disney really is the master at drumming up panic-buying.

I actually saw people on an instagram post being like, "Why are people rushing to get them today!? FOMO?" And I'm like... because it's Disney and you literally never know when they're going to stop selling something. I missed out on MKs last year because I hemmed and hawed way too long about it, so yep, I took my shot and got mine yesterday as quickly as I could. (Especially since htem going on sale was such a surprise and done without ANY warning.)

If you want something bad enough, you better grab it when you can, because the fickle finger of fate (aka Chapek) can snatch it away just as quickly as it arrived.

The true DLR at home experience!

Honestly thought, I'm not sure if they stopped sales at some point and updated inventory or what but I'm 98% there was zero dif for those shaking their fist at the unmoving queue last night and those who logged in today when it opened. 11 hrs, 20 min, no dif since the inventory accessed was the same.
People were buying Magic Keys allllllllll day at the ticket booths yesterday (and today as well I assume).

People were buying Magic Keys allllllllll day at the ticket booths yesterday (and today as well I assume).
Yep, line stayed around 2 & 1/2 hours all day from open to close- they closed line off around 930 pm to avoid going past 12 midnight.

I would assume thousands of passes sold in person at booths alone not counting online sales (and no way for anyone to know unless Disney releases numbers.)

Last edited:
15 hours. Can't get the Believe Key. Not spending $1600 when I live in Canada and planned to use it 2-3 times next year.
Not happy :(

Believe MK's are blocked again. now I have to see if I want to pay $500 more.

I'm at the period after "site".

any bets if Inspire closes before it is my turrn?

The Inspire Key is the best value anyway when you account for the free parking (you know Disney will keep upping that parking fee), the increased discounts and the fewer block out days. It has the lowest per day price. You just have to go at least 15 times to be ahead of the game.

Yep, line stayed around 2 & 1/2 hours all day from open to close (they closed line off around 930 pm to avoid going past 12 midnight)

I would assume tens of thousands of passes sold.
I was trying to do the math. I was in line for 80 minutes yesterday (for the record I was not buying a Magic Key). There were eight windows open on each side so 16 windows and the lines looked to be about similar length. I estimated 40-50 parties ahead of us, so maybe getting through 75-100 parties an hour, give or take? But some single people were buying multiple Magic Keys. So who knows how many Keys were sold over the 17-hour day. 🤷‍♀️

Not everyone was there to buy Magic Keys of course but judging by the look on the cast member’s face when I told him I just wanted to upgrade my day ticket to tier 6, I was one of the only people not buying a Magic Key at his window.

Last edited:
The Inspire Key is the best value anyway when you account for the free parking (you know Disney will keep upping that parking fee), the increased discounts and the fewer block out days. It has the lowest per day price. You just have to go at least 15 times to be ahead of the game.
I took that into account. I don't go to the parks around holidays and I avoid the busy seasons. since it is just a 50% difference in parking the Believe Key would have worked for me. with the old AP's I think I was paying at the top level just to get the parking included.

If you don’t go frequently (at least twice a month) and you don’t need the parking benefit it’s not worth the extra $500, especially now that the two weeks around Christmas are blocked out. Even the “extra” discount doesn’t pencil out to that much more in savings unless I guess you are spending tens of thousands of dollars on merch.

My SIL lives 15 minutes away and my brother always drops her and my niece off (he doesn’t go) so Believe makes more sense for them even though they went more than twice a month (before my niece was diagnosed with cancer—they haven’t been to the parks since July despite panic-renewing their Magic Keys for fear of losing them forever even though they can’t visit again until at least May—thanks for that Disney 😡).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter