• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

happened to me as well (entered late last night and this morning, same spot in the queue)
so I went to bed, got a good nights sleep, woke up to find my queue hasn’t moved at all.

there’s no info whatsoever on the DL website, you can’t call.

does anyone know what happened? Did the site crash? Are other people in the same limbo situation that I’m in? Did they sell out? Did they intentionally stop selling overnight?

SO HARD to do the simplest thing with Disney nowadays. Im pushing an 11 hour wait at this point in time, and my queue hasn’t moved at all since 10pm yesterday (for almost 7 hours). Of course people who are in a line which stops moving entirely for 7 hours are going to wonder if there’s a problem.

How hard would it be to post a notice? “The site is down, stay in your queue”. “We stop selling tickets at 10pm and will resume at 6am”. “We are sold out of X Magic Key type”. Or whatever the heck is going on.

I opened a second queue on my phone when I went to bed around 11pm, and a third on a desktop at 6am today. (My original queue is on my IPad). So far none of them have moved at all. So I did “try again” on three different devices, no luck.

Obviously folks having 3 queues open on multiple devices is just going to slow the process down further (each queue spot has 10 min to get to the site to purchase).

I guess leaving the queue to purchase at another time might make sense- unless they sell out. I personally haven’t heard any word as to how many passes they will sell this time, and the queue warns that Magic Passes are available in limited supply and could be gone by the time your queue spot becomes available. So leaving the queue doesn’t seem like the greatest move, either. However, it may happen because life must be lived and I can’t devote a full day to trying to obtain a theme park pass.

I meant try again after 24 hours since launch. Like, literally close everything out.

Just FYI, once your turn is up, you are only given a limited time to complete the purchase. It's like 10 minutes or something, so leaving tabs open and going to bed or something is risky.

They are not going to sell out in one day.

Last edited:
I opened a second queue on my phone when I went to bed around 11pm, and a third on a desktop at 6am today. (My original queue is on my IPad). So far none of them have moved at all. So I did “try again” on three different devices, no luck.

Obviously folks having 3 queues open on multiple devices is just going to slow the process down further (each queue spot has 10 min to get to the site to purchase).

I guess leaving the queue to purchase at another time might make sense- unless they sell out. I personally haven’t heard any word as to how many passes they will sell this time, and the queue warns that Magic Passes are available in limited supply and could be gone by the time your queue spot becomes available. So leaving the queue doesn’t seem like the greatest move, either. However, it may happen because life must be lived and I can’t devote a full day to trying to obtain a theme park pass.

I opened a queue on 2 different devices this morning around 8am EST and neither has moved. I closed one out about 10 minutes ago and opened a new one on that device. Doesn’t appear to be making any progress.

Separate question - does anyone know if you can use gift cards as payment? Since they max out at $1000 I’d need to add another payment to get to $1099 so I’m guessing I’m out of luck. And my new credit card should be arriving tomorrow or Monday. Going to have to decide whether to suck it up and put it on an old credit card or wait for the new one and risk sell out.

Just looking at my friend and family groups: Imagine Keyholders are the most likely to not go to Disneyland at all if an annual pass didn't exist. Enchant Keyholders are the most likely to buy food from outside the park to bring to the park or leave the park to eat. Believe Keyholders are the most willing to spend on table service like Lamplight Lounge and Blue Bayou. All my friends who spend a lot on merch are Dream/Inspire Keyholders. I feel like the Dream Keyholders I know go the most often while attendance was about the same for the other 3 passholder types.

Enchant Keyholders I know have a potential of being convinced to either upgrade to Believe or substitute a few days at Disneyland every other month with a big vacation to Disney World, Disney Cruise or something else Disney related. My guess is that lowering the amount of people with this pass likely has the biggest impact on crowds with the lowest impact on revenues.

This is probably pretty accurate… we’re enchant but only because by the time we moved out here, that’s all they were selling. I’m counting down the days until we can upgrade to whatever the top tier is now. Inspire, I think? Everyone comes to visit during the summer and wants to go to Disneyland, so by the time we buy day tickets, it’s the same price as an Inspire pass. I’ve been saving money all year for them. Although, we will still bring in my kids lunch from home so the husband and I can eat wherever we want without taking into account their self imposed dietary restrictions. 😂

Last edited:

I opened a queue on 2 different devices this morning around 8am EST and neither has moved. I closed one out about 10 minutes ago and opened a new one on that device. Doesn’t appear to be making any progress.

Separate question - does anyone know if you can use gift cards as payment? Since they max out at $1000 I’d need to add another payment to get to $1099 so I’m guessing I’m out of luck. And my new credit card should be arriving tomorrow or Monday. Going to have to decide whether to suck it up and put it on an old credit card or wait for the new one and risk sell out.

You cannot use a gift card as payment online. Only at the ticket booths.

When I renewed mine online, I could not use a giftcard. I think you can only use a giftcard when buying at the ticket booths onsite.

You cannot use a gift card as payment online. Only at the ticket booths.

When I renewed mine online, I could not use a giftcard. I think you can only use a giftcard when buying at the ticket booths onsite.

Thank you both. I’d imagine they’d possibly take them over the phone too but aren’t taking phone sales at this time. I’m I NJ so can’t get to the booths any time soon :). We were just there Nov 5-9 would’ve been nice if we could’ve upgraded at that time. Oh well.

Thank you both. I’d imagine they’d possibly take them over the phone too but aren’t taking phone sales at this time. I’m I NJ so can’t get to the booths any time soon :). We were just there Nov 5-9 would’ve been nice if we could’ve upgraded at that time. Oh well.

Nope, they don't sell these over the phone. They will direct you to purchase online if you call them.

I believe it will resume at 9am, if not an update on availability, since the last update was at 9:55am for Enchanted Pass renewal only.

Well I consulted my atomic watch so that I could call in at exactly 7am to talk to ticketing.

1. They can’t sell you a Magic Key pass over the phone, website only
2. IT is having issues that they are working on. Couldn’t say if the issues are affecting everyone, or just select customers, or if anyone was able to purchase over night
3. Her troubleshooting tips:
  1. A. Join the queue in Chrome (all my queues are in Chrome browsers)
  2. B. Try to leave the queue and rejoin (I did not do this because I’d started two other new queues on different devices in lieu)
  3. C.Go to Disneyland in person and wait in line (nope, don’t have the time for that)
6. Ticket agent did comment that she doesn’t think MK passes will sell out today

I meant try again after 24 hours since launch. Like, literally close everything out.

Just FYI, once your turn is up, you are only given a limited time to complete the purchase. It's like 10 minutes or something, so leaving tabs open and going to bed or something is risky.

They are not going to sell out in one day.

Yes, the queue clearly states that once you get to the front of the line, you have 10 min to purchase.

Obviously going to bed was risky. But I wasn’t interested in staying up all night. Staying in the queue did not require any additional effort. If my turn came up and I was asleep, I was no worse off, right? So I’m not sure the logic behind why leaving the queue is better.

Tomorrow I am driving to Arizona for a dog event. It will be hard to purchase MK passes while operating a motor vehicle. We are going to a rural area for a dog event. I have no idea if I’ll be in cell reception, certainly won’t have wifi. There will be periods of the day on Sat and Sun when I will be unavailable to be online for greater than 10 min at at stretch- ie when my dog is actively competing, or on deck. Then I am driving back from Arizona on Sunday.

So… I like many people have lives to live and reasons why “just try tomorrow” doesn’t work. It might be good advice but not necessarily universally helpful.

Yes, the queue clearly states that once you get to the front of the line, you have 10 min to purchase.

Obviously going to bed was risky. But I wasn’t interested in staying up all night. Staying in the queue did not require any additional effort. If my turn came up and I was asleep, I was no worse off, right? So I’m not sure the logic behind why leaving the queue is better.

Tomorrow I am driving to Arizona for a dog event. It will be hard to purchase MK passes while operating a motor vehicle. We are going to a rural area for a dog event. I have no idea if I’ll be in cell reception, certainly won’t have wifi. There will be periods of the day on Sat and Sun when I will be unavailable to be online for greater than 10 min at at stretch- ie when my dog is actively competing, or on deck. Then I am driving back from Arizona on Sunday.

So… I like many people have lives to live and reasons why “just try tomorrow” doesn’t work. It might be good advice but not necessarily universally helpful.

I get it. I just have, like, ZERO tolerance for these queuing systems. I was able to renew my Inspire Key (up from Dream) like 2 days after they started renewals because I was NOT dealing with that queue mess.

What key are you trying for?

I get it. I just have, like, ZERO tolerance for these queuing systems. I was able to renew my Inspire Key (up from Dream) like 2 days after they started renewals because I was NOT dealing with that queue mess.

What key are you trying for?

SoCal

We are DVC owners. We have nights booked at the Grand Dec 1, Jan 19, April 21. We were planning on buying regular tickets for Dec 21, then banking on a SoCal resident special for Jam 19/20 and April 21.

But the SoCal Magic pass would work for all of those dates, plus we could book a stay or two in our next Use Year (which begins in June). However- we can straight up buy tickets, or rent our DVC reservations. Which is what it may come to, since I now cannot get any Disney site to load.

after an 11+ hour wait in the queue, I decided to pull the plug. I exited browser and restarted the computer. interesting that progress bar came back in the same position. as a test I opened up a different browser and the progress bar is at the beginning. I'll keep both running and see what happens.

after an 11+ hour wait in the queue, I decided to pull the plug. I exited browser and restarted the computer. interesting that progress bar came back in the same position. as a test I opened up a different browser and the progress bar is at the beginning. I'll keep both running and see what happens.

Yeah, it remembers your cookies. You would need to open an incognito browser tab to start over on Chrome. Or, like you said, another browser altogether.

I have heard the system is paused right now and will resume later today. Probably not worth too much of your time to just sit here waiting right now.

The site DOES alert you with a tone when you are ready to buy. Turn that up and go about your business.

Well interesting in that if folks believe they’ve left the queue but they haven’t in fact left the queue, every spot will take a minimum of 10 min to resolve. What a crazy mess.

I just listed my Dec 1 reservation for rent. Maybe one of the new lucky Magic Key pass holders will want to rent it!

My one recommendation for people who are stuck in the queue is to log out of your disney account, close your browser, open it up, delete your cookies. And start over. Whether it will help or not, I don't know. But it probably wouldn't hurt if you're on hour 13 or whatever.

(Feeling very lucky that it was less than 90 minutes for me, including the sign-up/payment part after hearing about people stuck in the queue for half a day and counting. I had ZERO trouble at all. Just kept the queue open in another tab while I worked, and then when the jaunty lil' tune came on to say I was in, did my business.)

And once a queue is opened, it stays opened. Disney removed a lot of the features of Queue It including being able to actually exit the queue. They also took away the ability to be emailed when it was almost your turn.

If you opened it on the same device with the same browser it remembered the old queue. It didn't open a new one.

3. Her troubleshooting tips:
  1. A. Join the queue in Chrome (all my queues are in Chrome browsers)
  2. B. Try to leave the queue and rejoin (I did not do this because I’d started two other new queues on different devices in lieu)

You can't leave the queue once opened. To get a new queue there's a few options:

1) different browser or same browser incognito mode if not already used.
2) different device
3) clear cookies to use same browser on same device (or close all incognito if already using incognito)

Best way to know you have a different queue is check the Queue ID.

If you opened it on the same computer in the same browser (and not incognito), then it was the same queue on the first device.

Well interesting in that if folks believe they’ve left the queue but they haven’t in fact left the queue, every spot will take a minimum of 10 min to resolve. What a crazy mess.
Blame Disney. They took away some good features of Queue It. They even started hiding the links so we couldn't share Queue ID links easily (have to go into the source code to get it).

Also blame Disney because multiple queues being open is a result of their terrible system that likes to crash and invalidate a queue. We used to all share the links around for the extra queues here if we had them, but Disney made it tougher to do. So those queues now go to waste.

Well, my queue is moving again. I’m now 50% of the way there. Just in time for my hair appointment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter