• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

It was in jest. But it won’t shock me if it happens, they lifted some blockout dates in summer 2019 due to down attendance.
We purposely planned a trip this weekend vs last weekend due to some of the keys being blocked out.This will obviously increase crowds this weekend. They couldn't wait 1 week could they. I had some optimism the crowds would be slightly tamer than last week.

If they open dates after day tickets were purchased for the Christmas blackout they better give refunds.

Wait? Is this legitimate? Did they really lift the Christmas blackout dates??????

I’m so mad I can’t upgrade my enchant key until January.

No! I'm just saying they probably will. That image is the reservation calendar availability for DAY TICKETS.

A note on upgrading partially used tickets - the expiry date is based on the **date of first use**. So I just tried this with a ticket we have from 2020 (long story) and I can upgrade to a Mkey but the pass would have already expired in March 2021.

No. You can upgrade your ticket you just loose park access if it’s blocked during your days. So it’s recommended to do it on the last day of your trip after you e enter your last park
that is what I thought, our entire trip are blocked MK dates.
So we could enter the park on our last day and still upgrade to a MK before the end of the day without losing access to the park on that date.

that is what I thought, our entire trip are blocked MK dates.
So we could enter the park on our last day and still upgrade to a MK before the end of the day without losing access to the park on that date.
Correct but if you had genie+ that day chances are it would stop working etc. so I recommend doing it at the end of the day.

I wouldn't count on them opening up the dates, or mkeys being available in Dec. It's exactly the loophole they covered up during summer.

I have one unused day from my 4-day military pass and here’s the note about upgrading to AP in MDE.

Attachments

• F7385595-A3BA-450D-948B-E0B7C1D274E1.jpeg
    F7385595-A3BA-450D-948B-E0B7C1D274E1.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32
I have one unused day from my 4-day military pass and here’s the note about upgrading to AP in MDE.
Yup, I got the same notice. When you click through it will show you the expiry date that is one year from the first date of use. Not sure how helpful this would be *at all* unless you just bought the tickets and used them in the past 2 weeks with a day or so left.

You can't do it prior to scanning in via the app. You'd have to visit a ticket booth.

You can do it as you are leaving the park that day, in the app, as long as its before midnight.
Thanks! Any idea if they will limit the number of passes being sold? We aren’t going until end of November, not sure if I should wait to upgrade or not. This is stressful

Enchant key for life. Enchant key + universal studios gold pass is about as much as a believe key and gives you a change up park when your enchant is blacked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter