Edison Dinner review

glencoe

DIS Veteran
First time- I had gotten ressies at Open Table because it was not available at MDE. 5:15 dinner-2 Adults and 15 year old girl. We were sat promptly. Server was great, attentive, friendly. Off to a good start.

Apps:
Electri-fries- really good we all liked them
The Greek- greek salad good as well.

Entree-
Crab cakes- my husband said they were good
Fried chicken- Really tender chicken, the breading was crispy and good but too much black pepper ( I like black pepper too and there was too much)
Organic tomato soup and grilled cheese- Grilled cheese has 4 different cheeses so the flavor is there but it was really greasy. The soup was the real problem.....again too much black pepper!! Who ever is seasoning these foods with the pepper needs to re-adjust his measurements!

Dessert-
Bittersweet chocolate cake- two thumbs up
Lollypop cheesecake pop tree-good but I wish more regular chocolate, not white chocolate coating.
bubble gum cream is very bubble gum flavored. If you like that you will love this.
Ice cream-chocolate flavor was good.

The show and live music does not start until 9:30pm, 10pm and on...21 and over.
So while we were there it was a really great visually themed restaurant with background music.

I would recommend this to people without kids, go after 9:30pm and get the apps. The Clothesline bacon and other apps looked great, Drink selections were really great too.

Service was on point, very well trained waitstaff. They took tables in wonderland also!

Thanks for your review! We were at Disney Springs two weeks ago and peeked our head inside there to check it out. We weren't overly wowed and it really reminded us of Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal. But the live music is a nice touch and the menu items seem interesting enough.

I was about to comment that you went and didn't get the bacon!?!? I can't imagine.....
That was the best thing we ate
DH and I go again on our anniversary (April). We made the reservation on our way out after eating, we loved it that much. Though I have a feeling the lady dancing in her underwear had undue influence on him LOL

I'm pretty apprehensive about going, but I do want to give it a try. I have 9:30 reservations for Thursday and Saturday. Does anyone have an opinion of what night might be better? I'm leaning towards Thursday because I think Saturday might be a bit crazy/crowded.

I'm pretty apprehensive about going, but I do want to give it a try. I have 9:30 reservations for Thursday and Saturday. Does anyone have an opinion of what night might be better? I'm leaning towards Thursday because I think Saturday might be a bit crazy/crowded.
The so-called rule-of-thumb is that Disney Springs, like Epcot during Food & Wine and Flower & Garden, see an increase in crowds due to the desire of 'locals' to attend on weekends.

If crowds are your concern - I suggest Thursday.

I'd go Thursday if I were you, because it is more crazy/crowded on Saturday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter