Edible cookie dough and cake batter

There's a cookie dough truck in Disney Springs! When we were there in August my kids asked for it almost every day lol.

There is (or was anyways) an edible cookie dough sundae at the ice cream place in Fantasyland.

I don’t think Disney would sell inedible cookie dough😉.
Yeah, but the vast majority of eggs are pasturized anyway so I don't think the risk is too great. Raw eggs never hurt Rocky!
Yes, I get both of those things, (at least in US, you do different things to your eggs over there) but I assumed that was why the distinction.

Yeah, but the vast majority of eggs are pasturized anyway so I don't think the risk is too great. Raw eggs never hurt Rocky!

The vast majority of eggs are NOT pasteurized. Not even close.

Also, its not just the eggs. Raw flour has been implicated in several e.coli outbreaks in recent years. It has been the flour that has caused the recent recalls of cookie dough products.

These new "edible doughs" usually don't contain eggs at all, and contain heat treated flour. If they dom contain eggs, they use pasteurized eggs/pasteurized liquid egg product.

The vast majority of eggs are NOT pasteurized. Not even close.

Also, its not just the eggs. Raw flour has been implicated in several e.coli outbreaks in recent years. It has been the flour that has caused the recent recalls of cookie dough products.

These new "edible doughs" usually don't contain eggs at all, and contain heat treated flour. If they dom contain eggs, they use pasteurized eggs/pasteurized liquid egg product.

Yeah, it seems there is confusion about eggs vs. egg products. I would assume products would mean eggs, but it doesn't. Anyway, they're still edible per my original comment. Nobody's making cookies with inedible dough!

Yeah, it seems there is confusion about eggs vs. egg products. I would assume products would mean eggs, but it doesn't. Anyway, they're still edible per my original comment. Nobody's making cookies with inedible dough!
As PP said, the main problem with raw cookie dough is the raw flour, not the raw eggs. Plenty of recipes involve consuming raw eggs, including desserts and cocktails. As long as the egg is pasteurized, you should be fine. Eating raw flour is never safe. The CDC has a clear warning about it :

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/communication/no-raw-dough.html
When you make a batch of cookie dough destined for raw consumption, you should always bake the flour first at 350F for five minutes. If you prepare a regular batch, baking the cookies normally is your safeguard.

When I was baking in December, I noticed a warning on the bag of flour. I don't recall seeing that before.

Wow! Learned something new today.. Literally never knew there was a raw version of flour.. I always thought all this hype was over the eggs.

Flour is a concern, but eggs can also be a concern due to the slight possibility of the presence of salmonella. Pasteurized eggs are safe as that process kills the salmonella bacteria.

Wow! Learned something new today.. Literally never knew there was a raw version of flour.. I always thought all this hype was over the eggs.

All flour is raw. It gets cooked when whatever it is in gets cooked.

So.... I guess I should just bake the whole batch of pumpkin cookies I just made to eat raw?!?! 😂 (and no, I’m not joking!!)

4AE1C126-D6B0-434E-A24E-DE4787F69C53.jpeg
57C26B54-F67E-4AB1-B395-A6069D752DEE.jpegE1210D65-0E10-45E1-ACC1-E246F61F80B9.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter