• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Eden Roc Inn & Suites?

egritz

Never too old for Disney!
Has anyone stayed at Eden Roc Inn & Suites recently? They are by far the cheapest that we can find for our possible travel dates and the pictures look nice. I've looked at online reviews and overall people are saying since the remodel things have vastly improved....but looking for anyone from Dis who has stayed here in 2015. We are thinking of staying here with our kids (4 years & 1 year) so a clean place is most important to me.
http://www.edenrocanaheim.com/

I have honestly only heard that one mentioned a few times! It is pretty cute in the pictures, but their website could use some serious proofreading and better pictures!

Is the Eden Rock within walking distance?

Well, the last time I stayed there was 1975! It was my first trip to Disneyland and we stayed at the Eden Roc. The pictures look like it's been updated nicely. I like to read hotel reviews on TripAdvisor, starting with the most recent. I look for trends, like does a particular issue keep coming up in people's reviews. Then I start from the bottom and read the reviews where people rated the hotel "terrible." If they thought it was so bad, I want to know why. How recently did a hotel get a "terrible" review? Sometimes you'll find a few recent ones, and then the rest are several years old. If lots of the bad reviews are recent (in the last 6 months to a year), I'm more wary of a place. I think that's about the best you can in choosing a hotel. Have a great trip!:)

I have honestly only heard that one mentioned a few times! It is pretty cute in the pictures, but their website could use some serious proofreading and better pictures!

Is the Eden Rock within walking distance?

Definitely walking distance -it is next to the Anabella where we stayed 2 trips ago...enter through the Grand Californian and DTD Disney.

Well, the last time I stayed there was 1975! It was my first trip to Disneyland and we stayed at the Eden Roc. The pictures look like it's been updated nicely. I like to read hotel reviews on TripAdvisor, starting with the most recent. I look for trends, like does a particular issue keep coming up in people's reviews. Then I start from the bottom and read the reviews where people rated the hotel "terrible." If they thought it was so bad, I want to know why. How recently did a hotel get a "terrible" review? Sometimes you'll find a few recent ones, and then the rest are several years old. If lots of the bad reviews are recent (in the last 6 months to a year), I'm more wary of a place. I think that's about the best you can in choosing a hotel. Have a great trip!:)

Yeah, there are concerns with housekeeping and customer service. But overtake the recent reviews the goods far outweigh the bad. The biggest concern was one person said housekeeping didn't close their door. We would have my husband's work computer with us and I'm considering bringing my big DSLR camera but leaving it in the room some days. So that worries me.

Yeah, there are concerns with housekeeping and customer service. But overtake the recent reviews the goods far outweigh the bad. The biggest concern was one person said housekeeping didn't close their door. We would have my husband's work computer with us and I'm considering bringing my big DSLR camera but leaving it in the room some days. So that worries me.

I wouldn't worry so much about one person who says their door was left open, although I think security in hotels is something to always be aware of. Sometimes the room safes are big enough to hold a laptop, and definitely a camera. If we ever feel uneasy about leaving things in the room, we toss things like DH's iPad and my Kindle into the car before we leave the hotel for the day. Even if our car is going to stay in the hotel parking lot, we sometimes feel it's safer. Our SUV has a "secret" compartment in the cargo area under the rug, so things can be stored out of sight. If we're going to leave the items in the room, we put them at the bottom of our suitcases and make sure they're zipped up. Someone could still find them, but they'd have to put some effort into it.

Funny story - Many years ago, my dad had to stay at a hotel for two weeks to attend a seminar on detective work (he was a police officer and had just been promoted to detective). One of the techniques they learned was how to set up a little trap with toothpicks to see if someone has opened a drawer. He kept coming back to his room to find his socks and underwear had been moved around in the drawer, and he wondered if the housekeeper had been going through his things or if it was just his imagination. He set up the toothpick trap and, sure enough, all the toothpicks were lying in the drawer when he got back that night. For the rest of his stay, his trap remained untouched. I guess the housekeeper learned a lesson!

i stayed there in may for just one night, the room was super clean! and it's a great location.

i stayed there in may for just one night, the room was super clean! and it's a great location.

Good to know! I'm browsing their website right now and I can't tell from the website, is the much storage (dressers)? We'll be there for a week with a family of 4 and need a place to put all the clean clothes at the beginning of our stay. (This may seem silly, but we stayed at the Anabella a few years ago and they had almost no drawer space to put clothes away, and subsequently we had crickets in our clothes in the suitcases.

Good to know! I'm browsing their website right now and I can't tell from the website, is the much storage (dressers)? We'll be there for a week with a family of 4 and need a place to put all the clean clothes at the beginning of our stay. (This may seem silly, but we stayed at the Anabella a few years ago and they had almost no drawer space to put clothes away, and subsequently we had crickets in our clothes in the suitcases.
there is limited drawer space on the dresser but the closet is a decent size,

I've been looking at Eden Roc for a trip in December (my second trip, my son's first), would anyone recommend it over Alpine Inn. We're working within a budget that allows us to spend a little extra for Alpine, but wasn't sure if it was worth it as both seem to roughly be the same distance from the parks (we'll be walking as we're not renting a car).

I've been looking at Eden Roc for a trip in December (my second trip, my son's first), would anyone recommend it over Alpine Inn. We're working within a budget that allows us to spend a little extra for Alpine, but wasn't sure if it was worth it as both seem to roughly be the same distance from the parks (we'll be walking as we're not renting a car).
I would choose Alpine Inn. It has never had the negative reputation the Eden Roc has had. I am still leery of Eden Roc. They may have cleaned up the inside, but have they cleaned up the parking lot? (A lot of thefts, drug sales, etc..) I just wouldn't feel safe.

I would choose Alpine Inn. It has never had the negative reputation the Eden Roc has had. I am still leery of Eden Roc. They may have cleaned up the inside, but have they cleaned up the parking lot? (A lot of thefts, drug sales, etc..) I just wouldn't feel safe.
Thank you for the reply! Potential parking lot issues definitely rule it out.

If seeking out a budget option I highly recommend Super 8 on Katella. We've stayed at least 15 nights in the last 2 years with zero issues. We had gotten rates as low as $59/night through Orbitz. It's clean but realitvely recently remodeled. Free parking, Garden walk very close too.

We decided against the Eden Roc, based on past reputation and the fact that it was a single room (no divider). We *might* try it out on an adult only trip next year when we don't have a car and will only stay 1 or 2 nights.

I stayed at the Eden Roc the last weekend in August and thought it was fine. The rooms were nice, clean and large enough for 2 moms plus 3 kids. There was plenty of parking over the weekend and even though the pool was small and basically in the parking lot, it was shaded in the afternoon and the kids had fun. I never felt unsafe there and the front desk staff was super nice-they let me park the whole day after we checked out. I used to only stay at the HoJos because of the Entertainment and then Friends and Family Rate, but since they no longer seem to have them, I've tried the Anaheim Plaza also. The Eden Roc is $40 less a night than the Anaheim Plaza (I prefer to stay in their deluxe rooms because their regular room was so dirty and old) and for that price I think it is well worth it.

We decided against the Eden Roc, based on past reputation and the fact that it was a single room (no divider). We *might* try it out on an adult only trip next year when we don't have a car and will only stay 1 or 2 nights.

Oh my gosh I'm so glad. I don't have a clue what motel you guys are talking about but I value Malcon10T's opinion and I was frightened for you. While we might all agree or disagree on things like pricing, location etc. something like safety should never be compromised. It makes me mad that there would even be places like that anywhere around DL cause I don't want anyone to have to be someplace where it isn't safe. This is one of the reasons I LOVE this board -- so much good information.

Thank you for the reply! Potential parking lot issues definitely rule it out.
Any location can and does have issues. However, too many "problems" have been reported here for my comfort. Just in July, there were several police reports made for theft. And there was one "child molest or annoy". I am just not comfortable there and uncomfortable recommending it. For my own family, they know they aren't to stay there. (They hate it when mom demands to pay, so they will usually find other places. Usually Motel 6, Anaheim Plaza, or Red Lion.)

Oh my gosh I'm so glad. I don't have a clue what motel you guys are talking about but I value Malcon10T's opinion and I was frightened for you. While we might all agree or disagree on things like pricing, location etc. something like safety should never be compromised. It makes me mad that there would even be places like that anywhere around DL cause I don't want anyone to have to be someplace where it isn't safe. This is one of the reasons I LOVE this board -- so much good information.
Thank you. Eden Roc is located on West Ave (Disneyland Dr on the south side of Katella) just south of Katella on the east side.

Any location can and does have issues. However, too many "problems" have been reported here for my comfort. Just in July, there were several police reports made for theft. And there was one "child molest or annoy". I am just not comfortable there and uncomfortable recommending it. For my own family, they know they aren't to stay there. (They hate it when mom demands to pay, so they will usually find other places. Usually Motel 6, Anaheim Plaza, or Red Lion.)

Thank you. Eden Roc is located on West Ave (Disneyland Dr on the south side of Katella) just south of Katella on the east side.

Thank you for this info! I was considering staying here to the Tink half in May, and it would just be me and a girlfriend. I will definitely cross this off our list. I might be willing to try it was a trip just me and DH, but certainly not for a girls trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter