• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV's

tinkerbell_29

DIS Veteran
After many trips of suffering through the day and then having to deal with renting one in the park almost everday I've finally come to the reality that I have to have an ECV to enjoy our trip. I've read that it is better to rent off property and agree witht his this way i can keep it and not have to return it at the end of the day. I know at one point there was a place at the boardwalk that rented them. Do they still do that there or is there some place better to get one from?
Thanks,
Lissa

I have had many health problems this year that have lead me to beleive I will need to use an ECV on our trip in a few weeks. Is there any one place that may be easier to rent from?

Those who have had to use one while visiting, is is still manageable and enjoyable?

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including where people rent ECVs which is in Post #2, and also Posts 4 and 5 may be very informative.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

I would suggest practicing first in either a large grocery store or a store like Target. Be aware the store ECVs are very difficult to maneuver because of the big basket in front; the Disney ones are definitely easier, and the off-site rentals are even easier to use than Disney's.

Also I would suggest having Epcot as the first park as it has wider walkways and is effectively less crowded than the other parks.

All the companies that are listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread are ones that DIS posters have recommended over the years. So any of them should give you a good experience. I'd recommend calling or emailing some of the companies and just see what kind of a feeling you have after actually having contact with someone.

If you would like to talk to the delivery person, Randy's delivers directly to your room while you are there. Most of the other companies deliver to Guest Services and will leave it there for you to pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter