ECVs, buses, and Good Neighbor Hotels

Joseph Andrew Hunt

Drew's Dad Joe
In the planning stages for our next Disney adventure and looking for some info. On our last Disney trip, we stayed at All-Star Movies and my wife had to use an ECV. At first, we worried about the bus situation but to our great surprise catching a bus and getting her on and off the bus was extremely easy and the bus drivers were very helpful, with one small exception. This time around we are thinking about staying at a Good Neighbor hotel to save a bit of money. We are thinking about staying at the Double Tree at Disney Springs but I am wondering if the buses that stop at the Good Neighbor hotels can accommodate ECVs and how often they run.

Most of the buses at good neighbor hotels are Mears buses/charter buses. I’m not sure how EVCS are handle.

Most of the buses at good neighbor hotels are Mears buses/charter buses. I’m not sure how EVCS are handle.

If it's the standard Mears bus like they sometimes use at Pop Century and other resorts they will not load a wheelchair/ECV. At least that's how it is when they load at Pop Century. I've had a few of them show up in a row and the ECV/wheelchair line got longer and longer because they wouldn't load us.

In the planning stages for our next Disney adventure and looking for some info. On our last Disney trip, we stayed at All-Star Movies and my wife had to use an ECV. At first, we worried about the bus situation but to our great surprise catching a bus and getting her on and off the bus was extremely easy and the bus drivers were very helpful, with one small exception. This time around we are thinking about staying at a Good Neighbor hotel to save a bit of money. We are thinking about staying at the Double Tree at Disney Springs but I am wondering if the buses that stop at the Good Neighbor hotels can accommodate ECVs and how often they run.
For your planning purposes note that the Disney Springs hotels are NOT Good Neighbor Hotels. They have a completely different classification and perks. They are considered "Official Walt Disney World Hotels". You can find them here ~ https://disneyspringshotels.com/

Pre-COVID the Disney Springs Hotels had a shared bus system that ran on a very regular schedule. To my knowledge that bus system has not returned. Each hotel is arranging for their own buses, and maybe they share with some. Your BEST way to get up to date information is call the hotel directly and find out from them how it will be handled at the moment and do they anticipate that to change by your trip dates.

If you do look in to some of the https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/ they do have to provide a shuttle service but they are often limited, need reservations and some charge fees. The only thing they are required to do is provide something and again each hotel handles it differently.

Holiday Inn website did state they can accommodate scooters - you have to reserve bus spots ahead of time for hotel pickup anyway,I think they ask for 48 hr notice. Not too difficult,and it seems the schedule is Wyndham, Holiday Inn, B,and then Doubletree. I''d call and ask.

I would call the hotel and talk to the manager. They all seem to handle things differently. They do not have the consistent, all day bus service that the Disney resorts do. It might be cheaper, but I don't think that it would be worth the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter