ECV/US/Sea World

Ruthie5671

DIS Veteran
I am in the very beginning stages of a mega family vacation next December. We will be staying at POP but one day will be at Universal Studios and one day at Sea World. My hubby and I will be using ECV's that are not the kind that can break down. What transportation options are available to get us and our ECV's to outside parks?

You will need to rent a van service that can handle your needs. I think Mears is one company that provides this service. This can be expensive.

It might be easier, more convenient and even cheaper to just rent park scooters from each park, US and SeaWorld. Of course, you need to get there early to secure the scooter rentals. It's all first come, first serve for park rental scooters.

If you are going with others then as a backup you could rent wheelchairs but you need two volunteers to help you if you can't get a scooter rental.

Finally, get rental scooters that do break down and then you won't have to worry about this problem. There are videos to show you how they come apart and get back together for car transport. You may have to use your back seat for some scooter parts depending on the size of your vehicle. If you don't have your own vehicle then this won't be an option.

Last edited:
You will need to rent a van service that can handle your needs. I think Mears is one company that provides this service. This can be expensive.
Mears has accessible vans, scooters go up a ramp. Expensive? The price is exactly the same as a Mears taxi.

You could rent a scooter which can be taken apart.

Just a heads up, the lines at Universal do not allow ecvs. You will either need to transfer to manual chairs and be pushed through or walk through lines, both standby and express.

I have had good experiences with Mears for my ECV. Hint: get your drivers phone number when you meet him for the first time.
US is not ECV friendly at all. Must transfer to wheelchair and have a companion to push you. So much for a trip by yourself.
Last I was at Sea World was 2017 and their ECV'S were the biggest clunkiest hard to maneuver machines.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter