• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV/scooter transfer ?? onto attractions.....

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
OK, heres some more Q's. MIL is an amputee and needs a scooter. We rented one, we are all set, but she is having alot of trouble with here remaining leg(diabetes). She cant stand for long periods of time and cant do much walking. What rides will she be able to stay on the scooter untill we get close to boarding? At WDW there was quite a bit that she boarded without long standing time. She cant get on/off everything rather quickly. We are starting to get concerned about exactl how much she can actually go on with out too much standing. Any info will be great! Thanks again!-Maria :earsgirl:

You may want to post this on the DISabilities board, where there are lots of other folks with lots of experience getting in and out of scooters.

One thing you will surely want to get is a Guest Assistance Card (GAC) from guest relations once you arrive at the park. This will enable you to inform the CMs of your MIL's needs in a nice easy to understand, standardized format. At WDW, your MIL's condition would give here the Alternate Entrance stamp, which at times would put her in the FastPass line, but I am not sure how it works in California.

I'm sure my friends on the DISabilities board will be able to shed some light on things for you. (I have a wheelchair-bound DS so lots of experience with the mobility issues) Give it a shot.

Good luck.

In many cases there are specific wheelchair lines as many of the queues in DL are not accessable. The cast members at each attraction can direct you to the right place. In a lot of cases, you go in through the exits. A lot of the attractions will still require you to be in and out in a certain amount of time to avoid ride breakdowns (like Big Thunder Mountain--they give you 20-30 seconds) while others let you take your time (Space Mountain has a transfer table that allows them to pull a rocket off to the side and wheelchair passengers can take all the time they need to get in). On omni-mover rides like Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear, they simply stop the ride for wheelchair passengers to get in and out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter