ECV Scooter Recommendations

DisneylandFreak2013

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any recent recommendations for ECV scooter rentals? My mom is pretty reluctant to use one, but she'll be having a knee replacement later this year and I worry our usual 12 mile days are going to make things worse 😬

We are looking at offsite rentals, just because I want to limit the amount of walking she needs to do, which includes walking to the park from our hotel. We'll be staying off Harbor across the street and will be looking to drop it off the night before departure (10pm?). Do any of the ones across the street offer after-hours drop off?

I used One Stop Mobility back in March for A Touch of Disney. They're based at Camelot/Tropicana (sister properties, I guess).

I used the scooter from around noon until about 8 without needing charging (battery only went down 1 mark as we headed back to the garage). It was easy to operate as well.

Not sure about after-hours drop off as we took it back the next day.

Tell your mom it is totally worth getting one - it made the whole day so much easier for us and that was before there were even rides open. My husband didn't have to worry about me overdoing it and not being able to get back to the garage.

Does anyone have any recent recommendations for ECV scooter rentals? My mom is pretty reluctant to use one, but she'll be having a knee replacement later this year and I worry our usual 12 mile days are going to make things worse 😬

We are looking at offsite rentals, just because I want to limit the amount of walking she needs to do, which includes walking to the park from our hotel. We'll be staying off Harbor across the street and will be looking to drop it off the night before departure (10pm?). Do any of the ones across the street offer after-hours drop off?
I use "Select Scooter Rental (714) 644-8057" they are in the lobby of the BestWestern Park Place Inn right there at the crosswalk. I have used them for many years now.

They are reasonably priced and have quality scooters. Never had a problem with a battery not lasting from open to close.

I have dropped off after hours without a problem. Let them know what you plan to do and they will give you drop-off instruction.

Once I forgot to leave the scooter key and didn't notice until going through TSA. I called to ask about mailing it to them and they said to just bring it back on my next trip.

Geemo

They are staying offsite, and Scooterbug is more expensive than other rentals.

Scooterbug probably is more expensive but they will drop off and pick up at your hotel (doesn't have to be one of the Disney hotels) and you can easily place your reservation online. Sometimes it's worth paying a little more for convenience.

Scooterbug probably is more expensive but they will drop off and pick up at your hotel (doesn't have to be one of the Disney hotels) and you can easily place your reservation online. Sometimes it's worth paying a little more for convenience.
I use Deckert's. They pick up and drop at the hotel. They are considerably cheaper (and easier to deal with) than Scooterbug, plus I like that it is a family owned business. The 2 times I have had to use Scooterbug, I have had issues. First time was shame on Scooterbug, second time was shame on me for thinking it would be better.

ETA - The current price difference is better than it was 2 years ago. SB is about $22 more than Deckerts for a 4 day reservation.

Last edited:

I use Deckert's. They pick up and drop at the hotel. They are considerably cheaper (and easier to deal with) than Scooterbug, plus I like that it is a family owned business. The 2 times I have had to use Scooterbug, I have had issues. First time was shame on Scooterbug, second time was shame on me for thinking it would be better.

ETA - The current price difference is better than it was 2 years ago. SB is about $22 more than Deckerts for a 4 day reservation.

That's a significant difference. I only need a wheelchair for 2 days and when I called Deckert, they actually said to call Scooterbug because Deckert is "meet and greet" as opposed to Scooterbug which doesn't need me to actually be there.

That's a significant difference. I only need a wheelchair for 2 days and when I called Deckert, they actually said to call Scooterbug because Deckert is "meet and greet" as opposed to Scooterbug which doesn't need me to actually be there.
It was meet and greet at the DLR. However, at opening a couple weeks ago, they allowed Deckerts to drop and pick up without the meet and greet. But I am sure Deckert's is being cautious. Deckerts will drop at any offsite hotel. In Dec 2019, DLR made a change that only Scooterbug was allowed to have scooters at the 3 resort hotels. They would not allow Deckert's (or any other medical equipment business) drop at their hotels. It had to be Meet and Greet. I have been fighting with DLR ever since. Fortunately, I have a few friends in the resort area that can either meet for me, or if they can't, Deckert's will drop at their house and I can pick up and ride it to the Grand (less than 3 miles away.).

It was meet and greet at the DLR. However, at opening a couple weeks ago, they allowed Deckerts to drop and pick up without the meet and greet. But I am sure Deckert's is being cautious. Deckerts will drop at any offsite hotel. In Dec 2019, DLR made a change that only Scooterbug was allowed to have scooters at the 3 resort hotels. They would not allow Deckert's (or any other medical equipment business) drop at their hotels. It had to be Meet and Greet. I have been fighting with DLR ever since. Fortunately, I have a few friends in the resort area that can either meet for me, or if they can't, Deckert's will drop at their house and I can pick up and ride it to the Grand (less than 3 miles away.).

The final leg of a road trip to DLR.... :)

Some offsite hotels have contracts with specific vendors. I use A Scooter 4 U. When I stay at Tropicana, I have to meet them, but when I stay at Residence Inn, they leave the scooter for me in the lobby and pick it up again after I check out. It may be worth asking your hotel if they use a specific vendor that will accommodate the times you need.

If A Scooter 4 U can leave it in the lobby, they don't charge extra for picking it up the next day. They only charge for the days you're using it.

Thank you all for the information!!!! We went with the one in the Best Western hotel across the street because they have a three wheel that I think will be easier to navigate for her. Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well while using it in the park!

Select Scooters is the best, they are at Best Western right across the street from Disneyland, have new, extended batteries and excellent customer service.

It should also be noted that many of the other companies have permanently closed during COVID.

ScooterBug offers a Damage Waiver Option for an additional fee. Is this typical for all rental companies? Would you recommend getting this option?

ScooterBug offers a Damage Waiver Option for an additional fee. Is this typical for all rental companies? Would you recommend getting this option?
I would not go with a company that charges extra for this. I would stick with Select Scooters, they have great customer service and are directly.across from Disneyland.

I got the option but I always worry about "what if". For me, $25/day that includes damage waiver for me to pick up/drop off at the Grand Californian (that's where we were staying) bell services was worth it. I only needed the wheelchair for 2 days. If I needed it for a much longer period, I might have shopped around more or been willing to put up with a little more inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter