ECV rental in Downtown Disney

You cannot rent an ECV in DTD. You can only rent a wheelchair. Guest Services in near Giardelli Chocolate.

The only way you can use an ECV in DTD is having your own or an off-site rental.

Thanks for your reply! I had read a 'sticky' in this forum which gave me the information that they rent them there (listed below - I hope!) but maybe the 'sticky' is not accurate. :confused3

Wheelchair/ECV/Equipment Rental

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECVs are also called electric scooters or power scooters. They are 3 or 4 wheeled battery powered mobility devices. They are usually steered with a tiller (sort of like steering a bicycle).
At the parks
Wheelchairs and ecvs are available, first come, first serve at all parks. They may not be reserved ahead of time.
There is a pretty good supply of wheelchairs, but ecvs are in limited number and frequently are all rented out by mid-morning. Guests must be at least 18 years old to rent/drive ecvs.
Ecvs and wheelchairs may be used only in the park where they were rented. (You can't transfer them from park to park).
If you are planning on returning to the park or visiting another park on the same day, keep your wheelchair/ecv deposit ticket. This will allow you to obtain another wheelchair or ecv, if available, at the next park at no additional charge.
If you plan to return to the same park later in the same day, Ecvs can sometimes be held for you when you leave the park.
Length of Stay rental ticket for strollers and wheelchairs allows you to make a one-time payment for as many days of rental that you will need. Upon visiting a theme park, show your receipt at the stroller/wheelchair rental location and you will be directed through the queue with little or no wait.
Current costs at WDW:
Single or infant (newborn to 9 months) strollers: $10/day (no deposit) OR $8/day Length of Stay rental

Double strollers: $18/day (no deposit) OR $16/day Length of Stay rental

Wheelchairs: $10/day rental (no deposit) OR $8/day Length of Stay rental

ECVs: $35/day with $5 refundable deposit

Current costs at Downtown Disney:

Single or infant (newborn to 9 months) strollers: $10/day (with $250 credit card imprint required for deposit); $8/day Length of Stay rental (limited quantity) Note: Double strollers are not available.

Wheelchairs: $10/day (with $250 credit card imprint required for deposit); $8/day Length of Stay rental

ECVs: $35/day rental (with $500 credit card imprint required for deposit). There are a very limited number of ECVs available at Downtown Disney.[/COLOR]

This is what it says on the official Disney website's webpage about servies for guests with disabilities: (I just re-checked that the information is still there).
Downtown Disney® Marketplace and Pleasure Island

Price:

Wheelchairs: $10.00 per day + $250 credit card imprint deposit
ECVs: $35.00 per day + $5.00 deposit + $500 credit card imprint deposit

Rental Locations:

Marketplace: Guest Services (wheelchairs and ECVs)
Pleasure Island: DTV (wheelchairs only)
Westside: AMC Guest Services (wheelchairs only)
I had read about 6 months ago that there is a very (very) limited number of ECVs available to rent, so if you need one, it's not practical to rent one at DD. It's also possible that they stopped (or could stop at any time) renting them, but have not changed their webpage. I will change the post in the disABILITIES FAQs to better reflect the uncertainty of getting one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter