ECV Rental Advice

LadyRozalin

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a 5-day ticket trip to Disneyland with my family. We are a group of 8, and most of us have mobility issues. We will be in Anaheim for 8 full days (not counting travel days, flying in).

Auntie is unable to walk more than a few steps. She will need her own ECV for sure.
Family friend has severe back issues and can't stand more than a couple minutes. He will need an ECV.
Mom and Dad are semi-mobile. Can walk some, but definitely not the whole park. They can share one.
Myself and my Partner also have back issues and can't walk the whole park either. We can share one.

I am thinking I'm going to need to rent a manual wheelchair offsite for Auntie and then rent 4 ECVs once we get into the park. We'll have to drop off Auntie at the park entrance (or wherever drop off is around there) in the manual wheelchair, then go park the van, return to rent the ECVs and then return the manual wheelchair to the van in the parking lot.

Does this sound like the most efficient plan? Is there a better way? Will they let us rent that many ECVs? We plan to get there early, but are they likely to run out of ECVs? If we can't get them, we'll be unable to manage the park. I don't think we can rent offsite though, because I have no idea how we'd manage that many ECVs on our own. If anyone has any tips/tricks/ideas, please share. Thanks!

There is always the chance that the park could be out of EVCs at some point when you try to rent, especially that many at once. You will have an easier time trying at park opening for that many, but if you leave and come back, you may be out of luck depending on the time of day/business of the park. If you can, I would try to rent at least 1 or 2 EVCs off-site, just in case.

If you do end up renting a manual wheelchair and then renting 4 EVCs at the park, you can always ask if you can leave the wheelchair with them when you rent the EVCs so someone does not have to take the wheelchair back.

I don't think I can rent my ECVs outside the park, though I'd prefer to. I'd need them dropped off and picked up every day at the park. I am staying off site at a house rental nearby, but too far to walk, and have no way to transport that many ECVs back and forth every day.

I will certainly be there for rope drop, and renting our ECVs first thing in the morning. Not planning to go in and out, packing snacks and lunches, so that's not an issue. I will ask them if they can hold the manual wheelchair for us, that would be amazing, but I understand that they aren't obligated to oblige.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter