ECV Questions

iuki

DIS Veteran
Hopefully these questions are okay in this forum. I couldn’t find anything in the Disabilities forum.

Can an ECV be taken on the boat/ferry to the MKP?

Are the pathways mostly sand, or are they suitable for an ECV?

Are the buses so full that it takes a long time to get on a bus with an ECV?

Would it be better driving to the theme parks since I need to use an ECV?

First time at the Fort. So excited!

Thanks for any info or tips any of you can advise about staying at the Fort. We have a preferred site with a 22-ft TT and one slide out.

Have a magical evening. ‍♀️

:welcome:
Yes an ecv can be taken on the boat to MK. There is another smaller type boat that travels just between the fort, the lodge, and the contemporary that you can not drive an ecv onto. It has a step down into the boat.

The paths around the fort are mostly paved.

Have a great trip!
Hopefully these questions are okay in this forum. I couldn’t find anything in the Disabilities forum.

Can an ECV be taken on the boat/ferry to the MKP?

Are the pathways mostly sand, or are they suitable for an ECV?

Are the buses so full that it takes a long time to get on a bus with an ECV?

Would it be better driving to the theme parks since I need to use an ECV?

First time at the Fort. So excited!

Thanks for any info or tips any of you can advise about staying at the Fort. We have a preferred site with a 22-ft TT and one slide out.

Have a magical evening. ‍♀️

I cruise all over the Fort on my ECV, everything is paved. Never have had to wait on a second bus. There is always room. The boat to MK is even easier, you just drive right on.

The buses will load the ECVs first, just as they do at all the resorts and parks.

The boat to MK, as others have stated, will load the ECV as well.

Paths to the bus stops and to the boat are all paved, cement, or wooden deck so you should be good.

Oh, and by the way :welcome:

Thanks to all for your replies. So excited going to the Fort! Having the ECV was a real concern for me. Just going to my mailbox is painful. I can’t walk far without pain, even on pain medication. My DH is just the opposite. He runs 8-10 miles every day. So I always worry about ruining things for him. He already does so much for me.

We’ll be there 5/14 and checking out on 5/18. We have a 22-ft Funfinder towed by a black Honda Ridgeline on a preferred site. If you see us, stop by and say hi.

Happy Trails to all of you.

Judy

As someone who is now using one and hopefully getting back to the fort at some point, I was wondering if an ECV would be allowed/fit on the foot bridge to the pool area across from the 1500 loop?

Thanks to all for your replies. So excited going to the Fort! Having the ECV was a real concern for me. Just going to my mailbox is painful. I can’t walk far without pain, even on pain medication. My DH is just the opposite. He runs 8-10 miles every day. So I always worry about ruining things for him. He already does so much for me.

We’ll be there 5/14 and checking out on 5/18. We have a 22-ft Funfinder towed by a black Honda Ridgeline on a preferred site. If you see us, stop by and say hi.

Happy Trails to all of you.

Judy
only time at the fort that I ever had a problem with ECV was one year when water level was too low and could not get ECV on or off boat. ended up taking if I remember correctly the Yellow internal bus to the Wilderness Lodge and bused from there. have not heard that is a problem now but can happen. only place I couldn't ECV was on the beach but no problem getting to the dock. one thing to know if you are doing Hoop Dee Doo Review all door have steps but there is a secrete door in at Trails End even if it looks like to are going there not Hoop. so do not let that fool you, don't ask how I learned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter