ECV questions

lolcow

Mouseketeer
Hello, I have a few questions. I've only ever used an ECV once and it was ages ago.

1.) Is there somewhere to put my crutches? To save my back seizing up, I will want to wander about a bit and I will need my crutches for even short wanderings.

2.) How easy is it to operate? Does it involve strength in my hands?

Thanks in advance.

There are holders for canes/crutches that can mount to the back of an ECV. Some of the off-site rental companies offer them as an add-on. I've never seen them on Disney-owned ECVs.

Using an ECV doesn't require a lot of hand strength but if you've got weakness in your hands, the constant use of the throttle lever or handle (depending on the ECV's make/model) might wear on you a bit. There's nothing like 'cruise control' - and it'd be kind of dangerous if there was, unfortunately. Also, some of the roads and surfaces within WDW's parks are a bit rough and the bumpiness can be tiring on the arms/wrists/hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter