ECV and MK Train Question

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I know I can't take my ECV on the train, that I have to leave it at the station, make a full loop of the park, and return to my ECV. Is there any train stop where it's especially convenient or inconvenient to do this? Maybe there's a stop that's always super crowded? Or a stop where the way up to or down from the station is very inconvenient, hard to maneuver? I was thinking of the one by Storybook Circus, but are there lots of strollers left there, and I'll have a hard time finding a "parking space" for my ECV?

I almost always start at the MK entrance.

I really think I took the ECV on the train one time, but maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

Strollers that can be folded can be brought onto the train, so there is not usually a huge number of strollers parked for the train at any stop.

The easiest is Storybook Circus because it’s basically pretty flat. ECV users wait in a dedicated area near the front of the train and ECVs are parked there.

The Main Street station has a very steep, long switchback ramp to get up and down from the load/unload area. There is a parking area near the front of the train where ECVs are parked during the ride.

The Frontierland station is kind of in between the other 2; it does have a fairly steep switchback ramp, but much shorter than at Main Street

The easiest is Storybook Circus because it’s basically pretty flat. ECV users wait in a dedicated area near the front of the train and ECVs are parked there.
Seconding this. Storybook Circus is the newest station, and although none of the stations is inaccessible, this one feels the most like the designers had accessibility in mind. Besides the flatness, it feels like there's more open space to maneuver in.

I have been told by several CMs over the years that they only allow wheelchairs in that first section of the first car because only wheelchairs can make the kind of maneuvers that might be needed to enter then park, or go from being parked to exiting.

I have never seen an ECV in that carriage, or a stroller. I don’t know what the policy is if someone has stroller-as-a-wheelchair.

Seconding this. Storybook Circus is the newest station, and although none of the stations is inaccessible, this one feels the most like the designers had accessibility in mind. Besides the flatness, it feels like there's more open space to maneuver in.
Thanks everyone! Storybook Circus was where I was hoping to go, and it sounds like a good choice.

I have been told by several CMs over the years that they only allow wheelchairs in that first section of the first car because only wheelchairs can make the kind of maneuvers that might be needed to enter then park, or go from being parked to exiting.

I have never seen an ECV in that carriage, or a stroller. I don’t know what the policy is if someone has stroller-as-a-wheelchair.

I was once on the train with my sister in her wheelchair and the other family had a kid in the stroller that was tagged as such.. It was one of the larger wheelchairs that you can tell right away is for medical issues so not sure if that played into it or not.

Can you bring a wheelchair folded down on the train?
It would be difficult to carry a folded chair on the train unless you were in the first carriage area for wheelchairs. There is not enough space between the benches that compromise most of the train to even slide a folded chair into. It’s the same reason why we see people parking strollers, and riding the entire “Grand Circle Tour” to get back to the station where they parked the stroller.

That special wheelchair area only has a small bench for wheelchair users to bring a person with them; if you had a large party with a wheelchair person, they would probably have to split up, since there would not be enough seats for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter