EBTA 2014...Across the Atlantic we go!!!

Any word on the "Secret Mickey" assignments?

We sent a PM quite some time ago with our information, but haven't heard anything back. Just wondering if this is still happening?

This is what I have found on the facebook group...
Here’s how it will work: You will receive a questionnaire of another participant. You will then buy a gift (or multiple gifts) for that participant. You will then leave the gift at the door or with the room host on any day of the cruise (earlier is usually better -- you don't want them to think you forgot).

The sky is the limit as to what you can do. You can leave one gift or you can do a small gift each day leading to one big one or you could just leave many small ones. You can leave for just the person or for the whole cabin. The requirements are to spend between $15 and $20 and you must leave one gift for the person your Secret Mickey. Beyond that, it’s up to you! But mostly, HAVE FUN! :)

Please copy the following set of questions, answer and send to me as a private message (Heather Sundeen Johannessen) on Facebook or as a private message on the DIS boards (heatherLOVESmickey).

The deadline is April 19th, 2014. I am sorry but I will need to make this a firm deadline in order to pair everyone and give time for people to plan their gift(s).

**NOTE*** One thing I was thinking is it could be fun for the kids to do this. I would change the limit to $5 to $10. So if any kids want to participate send me a questionnaire for them. If we don't get enough participants I will cancel it but my kids said it seemed like fun!

Dis Name:

Name(s) and ages of those in Cabin:

Cabin #:

Celebrating anything onboard:

Favorite Disney movie:

Favorite Disney character(s):

Favorite Disney TV show(s):

Favorite Disney Song:

One thing have you always wanted from Disney:

Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non) while on ship:

Favorite spot on the ship:

Favorite thing to do on board:

Hobbys:

Favorite Color:

Do you collect anything:

Shirt Size:

Any Allergies (nuts, milk etc)?:

Favorite Snack Food:

Favorite Type of Music:

Favorite Sports Team:

Favorite Animal:

Anything else you’d like to add???

Also this... I will have them to everyone by April 26th, one week after the deadline.

We have given a shout out to the person organising this, so hopefully they will respond soon.

HTH

This is what I have found on the facebook group...

Also this... I will have them to everyone by April 26th, one week after the deadline.

We have given a shout out to the person organising this, so hopefully they will respond soon.

HTH

Hi!

Thanks for the followup!

Last call for Secret Mickey! Please look back in our group for more information. It is officially closed but I'm making the parings today so if you want to get in last minute now is your chance! :) We are going to go ahead with the kid exchange so if you thought you might want your kids to join in on the fun, please do! :) The more the merrier! Also, I said I was going to get people their person by Saturday but, lo and behold, other things have come up so I won't be able to get them out until Sunday. Thanks for your patience! :)

We begin our trip this afternoon. Travelling to our airport hotel and then flying tomorrow. I guess we are the first to leave but we have the PC cruise from 2nd May, so spending a little time in WDW and Miami first. Be checking in again before too long.

Stay well.

Have a great trip :)

I created an event on FB for the til we meet again lunch. It will be held on the last day (May 30) in Lumiere's at noon. I will ask the head of the dining room to hold a number of tables for our group. It is a great time to say your see you soon on another DCL cruise ( Med, WBTA, EBTA 2015, Hawaii, PC etc) and give hugs and kisses to all..

:goodvibesEveryone is welcome - kids, Adults, teens, etc.:cheer2:

If you are not on FB, please pm me so I can give the count to the dining room head. (or see me on the ship :thumbsup2) So they know how many tables to hold for us.

Thanks
Susan

I created an event on FB for the til we meet again lunch. It will be held on the last day (May 30) in Lumiere's at noon. I will ask the head of the dining room to hold a number of tables for our group. It is a great time to say your see you soon on another DCL cruise ( Med, WBTA, EBTA 2015, Hawaii, PC etc) and give hugs and kisses to all..

:goodvibesEveryone is welcome - kids, Adults, teens, etc.:cheer2:

If you are not on FB, please pm me so I can give the count to the dining room head. (or see me on the ship :thumbsup2) So they know how many tables to hold for us.

Thanks
Susan

I would say two-- by that time I imagine that Madeline will have no knowledge that we exist on the ship. Or not. If there are kids, I imagine she'll come too. Thanks for setting this up, Susan!!!:banana:

I would say two-- by that time I imagine that Madeline will have no knowledge that we exist on the ship. Or not. If there are kids, I imagine she'll come too. Thanks for setting this up, Susan!!!:banana:

And this is why I only put dh & I down to attend. Lol

I actually felt lost and missed my boys last year. They are all bar 1 meal with us as they didn't enjoy lunch at the clubs.

In case you did not see this::worried:
OK- here's the OFFICIAL word: (I am paraphrasing from my contact with DCL Travel this evening, where she read the prepared statement): "Due to customer feedback, all character breakfasts on the Mediterranean sailings, beginning with the East Bound Transatlantic on May 19, 2014, will be discontinued so that those aboard will be able to take advantage of the port-intensive cruise itineraries. The character breakfasts will resume after the Magic docks on September 20 in San Juan, PR, and will then be offered on the Carribbean Cruises."

Mmmm, so our cruise is 'port extensive' then:rotfl2:?? They must be on a different one. I do understand about the Med ones though. You are hardly onboard the ship.

I contacted DCL this morning (of COURSE I did! LOL) to get an email address to which we can express our disappointment that the Character Breakfasts have been cancelled on both the East Bound TransAtlantic and the West Bound TransAtlantic this year. Email dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com
Please consider following this link to request that the character breakfasts be reinstated, for the sake of others if not just for you on those delightful mornings at sea-- we are not port-intensive at that point, like the Mediterranean sailings. If you are stateside and would rather write, send your concerns to DCL Guest Communications, PO Box 10238, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0238 Thanks!

I wrote to DCL after I read the above message, and this is the reply I got......
Thank you for your email and thoughtful comments. We truly regret any
anticipated disappointment for your upcoming sailing.

Please know that we continually evaluate the onboard experiences offered
to our Guests have decided to suspend the Character Breakfast on our
2014 Transatlantic and Mediterranean sailings. This change will allow
us to provide our Guests with additional interactions with our world
famous Disney Characters throughout these sailings.

Thank you again for writing. We appreciate the time you took to share
your thoughts with us and look forward to having you sail with us soon.

I wrote to DCL after I read the above message, and this is the reply I got......
Thank you for your email and thoughtful comments. We truly regret any
anticipated disappointment for your upcoming sailing.

Please know that we continually evaluate the onboard experiences offered
to our Guests have decided to suspend the Character Breakfast on our
2014 Transatlantic and Mediterranean sailings. This change will allow
us to provide our Guests with additional interactions with our world
famous Disney Characters throughout these sailings.

Thank you again for writing. We appreciate the time you took to share
your thoughts with us and look forward to having you sail with us soon.

This is pretty much the stock answer that we all received. Doesn't look like we will change their minds.:sad2:

When we have gone to the Character Breakfasts they always seem poorly attended. I don't know if people forget(we have done that) or choose not to go(we have done that more than once) or what, but the dining rooms have not been busy at all. Shame that the option won't be there but children get a lot of chances to see the characters, even more than the adults(I really feel silly writing that:lmao: my friends and family would think I was so daft)

I need more to update me on your GTY assignments for the FE group: Tashaschindel (Colin, Tasha, Anna, Ethan). I need to hear from you by tomorrow please or you will be removed from the list.

I'm not sure why the last link failed, but the Navigator has had one final update to V7 - This will be the FINAL version. You can download here:

Safe travels to all of you arriving this week in Orlando by car, taxi, plane, on foot, roller coaster, broomstick, glass coach, royal steed, circus train, or flying carpet! See you at Port Canaveral A WEEK FROM TODAY!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I'm not sure why the last link failed, but the Navigator has had one final update to V7 - This will be the FINAL version. You can download here:

Paul - what an awesome job on this!!! I just saw this thread under WBTA and it made me sad to not be with you guys this time. Have a blast and see you in September!!!!!!

And for those who have never taken on the task of doing the Navigator, it's very time consuming to say the least. You need to treat this guy to a drink onboard if you downloaded it to use!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter