EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

I know this is last minute but does anyone have a list of celebrations (-anniversaries and birthdays) that are being celebrated? If anyone has list can they pm me? Thanks. Sherry. I have checked the roll call on the website. Are there any that are not posted on the web?

I put on the roll call every celebration I saw posted in the first and second thread or that I got via PM or email.

I'm at the Radisson which is right down the street from the Marriott. I didn't realize DCL would pick up at hotels. Did you book your flights trough Disney?

ETA: Just called DCL to ask about this. They apparently do pick up at the Marriott since that's the hotel they use when you book hotel/flights through Disney, but you don't necessarily have to have booked the Marriott through DCL in order to use the service. Handy to know... and now I wish I'd booked the Marriott!

We are staying at the Marriott, too. We did not book through DCL, but we did book DCL shuttle and we were told that all we had to do was tell them at the hotel that we would be taking the shuttle and they would handle our baggage.

We arrive at LAX at 2:30, planning to hit the liquor store behind the hotel (hopefully that is safe enough during daylight), and then dinner at the hotel. I am sure we will be ready to go to bed early because of the time difference.

We didn't book the Marriott through DCL either (cost was much more) but we do have the DCL shuttle from the Marriott. Relaxin', maybe we will be on the same shuttle. We get in around 5. So there is a liquor store behind the hotel. Do you know the name? Oh my, we will be there at dark. Is it not safe?

We didn't book the Marriott through DCL either (cost was much more) but we do have the DCL shuttle from the Marriott. Relaxin', maybe we will be on the same shuttle. We get in around 5. So there is a liquor store behind the hotel. Do you know the name? Oh my, we will be there at dark. Is it not safe?

This is a tricky question. The area around LAX is not especially unsafe, but other than the hotels, it's more of an industrial/warehouse type area and it is in a large city. You don't have people out walking to restaurants, clubs, shopping, etc. Thus, it's not the safest place to walk around just because you would be out there pretty much alone if someone had something nefarious in mind. As a single woman, I wouldn't walk alone in the area at night... but, that being said, I feel perfectly safe staying at a hotel in the area.

The name of the Liquor store is Purdy's. Walk out the front of the hotel, turn right, turn right at the corner,turn left at the next corner and there you are. From the map, it appears that the back of the hotel is no more than 50 feet from the store. There may even be a back door to the hotel. The address is: 5919 W 98th St. If you would like I can pick something up for you. But it sounds like from Cruise that it should be fine if there are two people. I would think we would be on the same shuttle. Are you getting excited yet?

It has begun...I can't believe we're actually starting two days before we leave. This is early for us.

Just in case you haven't heard, DCL released partial 2014 itineraries yesterday and booking for gold/platinum started this morning. I am hoping for new itineraries but it appears I'd have to wait for the Magic summer schedule. Book 7-day Eastern on the Fantasy over 4th of July and was shocked at the price - $4800 for 2A1C in a 11C!! Chances of us actually taking that cruise is pretty slim.
Booked ours also for Spring Break 2014. Cat6 b is almost $3600 for 2. I was very shocked and I doubt that DH is going to go for $257 a day per person per cabin without factoring in airfare. I booked it but let's see how far that goes. I wanted that cruise to be special because that would be the last time dd16 would be able to go to the clubs as she will turn 18 in May 2014 :sad1: If only I could do it off season and take advantage of the discounts that are surely to come. She brought up looking at another cruise line.

It has begun...I can't believe we're actually starting two days before we leave. This is early for us.

lol. Packing tonight myself ;)

Linda

Booked ours also for Spring Break 2014. Cat6 b is almost $3600 for 2. I was very shocked and I doubt that DH is going to go for $257 a day per person per cabin without factoring in airfare. I booked it but let's see how far that goes. I wanted that cruise to be special because that would be the last time dd16 would be able to go to the clubs as she will turn 18 in May 2014 :sad1: If only I could do it off season and take advantage of the discounts that are surely to come. She brought up looking at another cruise line.
Linda

I am pretty sure Paul (Double Trouble) booked Easter 2014 on the Fantasy too!. Did you plan it over Thanksgiving cruise?

Cruise said:
Quick question.... It's been so long since I used DCL transportation that I can't remember the answer to this. Once I hand them my (checked) luggage at the airport, I don't see it again until it arrives at my cabin, right? I don't remember collecting it again on the other end from under the bus and handing it off to a porter, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting a shuttle directly from my LAX hotel to the port (and thus handling my luggage on both ends) or using the DCL transport which would mean wrangling the luggage back to the airport that morning, but not having to deal with it at the port.

Thanks!

Any time we've used DCL transport they take the luggage and it arrives in your room. We've never had to claim it. We're at the Embassy Suites and taking the bus from the airport. I'm hoping that there will be signs telling us where to go!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Any time we've used DCL transport they take the luggage and it arrives in your room. We've never had to claim it. We're at the Embassy Suites and taking the bus from the airport. I'm hoping that there will be signs telling us where to go!

After getting in touch with DU about adding the transfer, the TA there told me that you don't get to pick a pickup time based on your port arrival time.... that DCL tells you the night before what time to be there for your shuttle. :confused3 I have no idea how they'd do that as they have to know people are already traveling.

In any case, I ended up going with Prime Time shuttle because they'll pick me up at the hotel and it was just $10 more than Disney. Being just one of me, I didn't want to have to wrangle all my luggage back to the airport and find the shuttle there. I'm just hoping the porters swarm us when we show up at the port and I don't have to deal with it there either. :rotfl: Now I remember why I usually just travel with carry on luggage.

I was planning on booking some spring cruises on the ship. The other Disney Cruise we were on offered 10% off of cruises and on the last day before port offered 20% off of cruises. Anyone else have this happen on their cruise? I am probably to impatient to wait till the 22 of Dec., but wanted to check with everyone to see if this was standard. Sherry

I am pretty sure Paul (Double Trouble) booked Easter 2014 on the Fantasy too!. Did you plan it over Thanksgiving cruise?

That is so funny. Paul, Dana & I may have mentioned it in conversations on the secret verhanda but no plans were set. Now I gotta get a hold of them. I'd love to plan something with them and you too Connie! Too bad I missed out of the Med planning. My bad this time...not so next time :lmao:

I was planning on booking some spring cruises on the ship. The other Disney Cruise we were on offered 10% off of cruises and on the last day before port offered 20% off of cruises. Anyone else have this happen on their cruise? I am probably to impatient to wait till the 22 of Dec., but wanted to check with everyone to see if this was standard. Sherry

The booking on board discounts are standard so far as I know: 10% off for booking on board and you can post a lower deposit. I do not know of any "special" discount that is held on the last day of the cruise. The line for the booking agent would be very long indeed with no incentive to book prior to last day. My advice would be to book as early as possible. If you find a better rate (before your paid in full date and are not concierge), then you can rebook at the lower rate :thumbsup2

Well, according to the cartoon I won't start packing until 10 minutes before we leave. Oh, that's right I probably won't.

I don't even have my clothes back from the cleaners yet!

BUT, my to do list is *much* smaller than it was a few days ago! :cool1:

DZ

We leave tomorrow! It has been total chaos here. We had my Inlaws here thanksgiving week. Then my parents and brothers family last week. So, we've had 2 Christmas already. Plus, DS 4th birthday on Sunday. What really threw me off was that my brothers family got the flu while they were here. So, I was sick in bed for 3 days this past weekend after catching what they had. So, Ive been so behind in packing. Plus, DH was in orange county twice in the last 5 days. He got home tonight to pack his stuff. :). That cartoon is totally my family. Well, as long as we all stay healthy on this trip it will be the best cruise ever. Can't wait to see you all soon. Safe travels everyone.

Chaos here too. Dh's grandmother passed last night. Dh is trying to make arrangements but I may need to change his flight, which will be seriously interesting. Wish us Luck.

Good MOrning, Happy Cruisers!

. . . . Being just one of me, I didn't want to have to wrangle all my luggage back to the airport and find the shuttle there. I'm just hoping the porters swarm us when we show up at the port and I don't have to deal with it there either. :rotfl: Now I remember why I usually just travel with carry on luggage.
There *WILL* be lots of porters at Port - Stand on the curb where the shuttle drops you, surrounded by your luggage and look helpless.:rotfl2: One will soon be there. I, too, will be alone (except for Dimples and she's no help at all.)

Well, according to the cartoon I won't start packing until 10 minutes before we leave. Oh, that's right I probably won't.

I don't even have my clothes back from the cleaners yet!

BUT, my to do list is *much* smaller than it was a few days ago! :cool1:

DZ

You can say that again! I'm down from 3 pages to 1.:cheer2:

We leave tomorrow! It has been total chaos here. We had my Inlaws here thanksgiving week. Then my parents and brothers family last week. So, we've had 2 Christmas already. Plus, DS 4th birthday on Sunday. What really threw me off was that my brothers family got the flu while they were here. So, I was sick in bed for 3 days this past weekend after catching what they had. So, Ive been so behind in packing. Plus, DH was in orange county twice in the last 5 days. He got home tonight to pack his stuff. :). That cartoon is totally my family. Well, as long as we all stay healthy on this trip it will be the best cruise ever. Can't wait to see you all soon. Safe travels everyone.

:scared1: DO NOT bring it with you!

Chaos here too. Dh's grandmother passed last night. Dh is trying to make arrangements but I may need to change his flight, which will be seriously interesting. Wish us Luck.

Oh, Dear. I'm SO sorry for his loss. But, glad too that it won't keep you from coming.

Tomorrow. TOMORROW! I can stop fretting and FLY! Can't wait to meet y'all.

Happy Day, ALL!

Good MOrning, Happy Cruisers!
There *WILL* be lots of porters at Port - Stand on the curb where the shuttle drops you, surrounded by your luggage and look helpless.:rotfl2: One will soon be there. I, too, will be alone (except for Dimples and she's no help at all.)

Linda, my DH will be happy to help you! Wanted to let you know we are renting a car for Saturday to go pick our friends up from LAX then go purchase our wine and last minute items. If you need anything from the store give us a call and we will pick it up. Ya know, I'll email you our last name so you can call our room if you need to. Don't hesitate ... we'll be happy to help. What time are you taking shuttle to port?

We leave tomorrow and I have not starting packing yet. I have doctor's appointment and physical therapy today so that will take a chunk out. Also I just got my glasses in the mail yesterday from the repair job after DS dog chewed them so I have to find an optical store to get them adjusted.

Se y'all in three days! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope changing his flight doesn't turn out to be a horrible experience!

Beth

If you requested one of my free Fish Extenders for this cruise BUT did not get a PM from me PLEASE PM ASAP!

I dont want anyone to be left out and I have not had time to check the thread..:confused3

I still have a few left and will be glad to bring them with me...Just need names.

:wizard:
I will be bringing FE for the following: StartedwithaMouse, Hedgerow, Disneylovebirds, DodgerDog, Magicmaker, Marylou1962, and Chrissyt27.

We leave tomorrow so I have time to add to my suitcase if needed.:thumbsup2

Linda, my DH will be happy to help you! Wanted to let you know we are renting a car for Saturday to go pick our friends up from LAX then go purchase our wine and last minute items. If you need anything from the store give us a call and we will pick it up. Ya know, I'll email you our last name so you can call our room if you need to. Don't hesitate ... we'll be happy to help. What time are you taking shuttle to port?

We leave tomorrow and I have not starting packing yet. I have doctor's appointment and physical therapy today so that will take a chunk out. Also I just got my glasses in the mail yesterday from the repair job after DS dog chewed them so I have to find an optical store to get them adjusted.

Se y'all in three days! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Isn't that so NICE of you to volunteer your DH! I'll see you tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter