eating

carolrie

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have tips on where to eat? This will be our first trip and we don't know the area. I'm sure there are some great places to eat off property. We are on a moderate budget and would need to keep the food budget low. Thanks for the tips!!;)

We are actually staying at the Swan but wanted to go off property to eat because we heard it was a lot less expensive or is that a waste of time?

Depends on your party size and ages. There are tons of restaurants in and near the Crossroads shopping center area (which is just across the street from dt disney.

Pebbles, Olive Garden, pizza and chinese places, McDonalds, B King, Subway. You probably have a l0 min. drive from Boardwalk area to Crossroads area.

This area is very heavily congested, tho, I warn you. We tried to get into Pebbles and Olive Garden two times on ourvacation two weeks ago, but the lines were too long to wait.

You are spoiled for choice if you don't mind driving for 20 mins or so outside WDW. Pebbles, Orlando Ale House, Dragon Court (Chinese buffet) and Crab House are all at Crossroads; Bahama Breeze just the other side of I4 on Vineland Rd (next to Holiday Inn Sunspree). Then there's Key W Kool's and Pacino's on Highway 192 (and dozens more, but those are two standouts), Damon's at Old Town and Angel's Diner at Holiday Inn Nikki Bird. On I-Drive, Cafe Tu Tu Tango, Wild Jack's, Daryl's, Houlihans and the B-Line Dinet (at The Peabody) are some of my faves there. Try Divino's at The Mercado for great Italian, the Butcher Shop for great steaks. Ming Court is a fabulous Chinese restaurant. The list goes on......!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter