• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating on a Budget

bluedoggy

Mouseketeer
We leave Friday for a quick 4 day stay at WDW. We have always done the PS, fancy dinner thing on our previous trips, but we decided this will be just a casual, relaxed vacation - everything kind of spontaneous... sooo... looking for suggestions for simple dining fare, not necessarily big meals. We are staying at CSR and the Pepper Market is great - looking for other suggestions. Just DH & me...

turning 50 and lovin' it!! :earsgirl:

I'm here at Disney right now and the best deal I found was ordering a doublecheeseburger and a seperate bun only. My ds and I then share the fries and each have a single burger. I've seen lots of people do this, we both eat for less than $10. The pizza and salad at Pizza planet is also large enough to share and isn't too badly priced.

for an inexpensive buffet try Trails End at Fort Wilderness...affordable country homemade goodness

Earl of Sandwhich at Downtown Disney marketplace. This place is SEVERLY underpriced and the food is great!

All the sandwiches are like $5 (and a good size - 7 or 8 inches I want to say?)

DH and I had dinner here last week - 2 sandwiches, 1 soda, bag of chips, cold slaw - for under $15. We wanted to go back later in the week - but it was PACKED when we went...so we went over to Wolfgang pucks Express - another good, affordable, meal. I had BBQ chicken and a water , DH had pizza and a soda - I believe it was around $20 total.

We like to get hot dogs from the cart at the Boardwalk. We usually get one hot dog as they are huge! Then depending on how hungry we are, or if we want ice cream later, we get one or 2 orders of fries.

This makes a cheap meal while soaking up the Boardwalk atmosphere.

Seems like the Earl of Sandwich is a popular place, based on other threads I have now found. We love being at DD anyway, so we will have to grab a sandwich. We also were curious about Wolfgang Puck Express. I can't believe the price for the breakfast buffet at Trails End. Anyone know how much the lunch and dinner buffet is? Can't wait to go. DH says we better leave soon, since I am spending so much time looking at the Dis... :wave:

We love Wolfgang Puck Express. We have one down the street from us in Atlanta. You can go to the Wolfgang Puck website and see the menu for the express (but it's not a full menu). We usually spend around $20 when we go here for the two of us. DH loves their chicken parm. and ravioli. I love their chicken tenders and pizza. We have earl on our list for next year too.

We think the sandwiches at Cosmic Rays are big enough to share - and not expensive even if you don't share. Particularly if you are leaving room for a Mickey Bar.

You can split almost any meal, adults can order kids meals, and ice water in a cup is free.

But the main thing is, you have to buy things to eat that you will like. If you don't like it and have to buy something else to eat, that costs a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter