Eating breakfast at a different resort

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
I ran into a problem the last time I was at WDW. We were staying at POR and wanted to eat breakfast at WCC at WL. We had read somewhere to take a bus to a park and then take a bus to the resort. We tried this somewhat unsuccessfully. We went to Epcot on an early bus and then waited at the WL stop. None of the busses that came stopped to let people on. Finally someone stopped and we said we wanted to get to WL - driver said that they were just dropping people off not taking people back that early. He radioed for a bus to take us to WL for breakfast but by the time we got there it we had waited almost an hour.

Does anyone know how I should have gotten there? Any success stories? Any help in general?

I would think you'd take a bus from POR to MK, then hop on the monorail (or ferry) to TTC and catch a bus, or better yet, don't launches run directly from MK to WL (via the Contemporary)?

Tyler, you there?

Early in the morning I'd just take a cab. From PO to WL couldn't be more than about $10 + tip.

Anne

I don't think we even remembered about the boat to WL. But what about those that don't have any other way to get there other than by bus. Taxi's are out of the question. We go on a package and I won't pay for anything other than soveniers. Plus there must be a way to do to Disney style.

From 7:00am - 8:00am, busses run for the specific purpose of taking guests to different areas of property for breakfast. These busses run every 15 mins, and can take you DIRECTLY to the Disney Resort or Theme Park of your breakfast.

Depending on the resort, driver, and day, the bus might either say CHARACTER BREAKFAST, or it might say the theme park area in which that bus covers. Always make sure to let the driver know where you are going, so that they can make sure you're on the right bus, and they can take you there.

The following is the list of Areas, and the resorts they can take you to.

MK - Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, & Fort Wilderness.

Epcot - Port Orleans & Old Key West

Studios - Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk, & Caribbean Beach

DAK - AK Lodge, Coronado

After 8:00am, you may have to transfer. Simply talk to the bus driver when you board, and they can help you out. They might be able to take you themselves, or they can recommend the best course of action for that specific circumstance. If you do have to transfer, when they drop you off, they will notify the Dispatcher that you are waiting for a bus. Before 11:00am, busses do not run from the theme parks on a schedule... they run as an "Upstream" run as part of Magic On Demand.

Once again, make sure you talk to the driver, and let them know where you're going. They can help you out in many ways. :)

Thank you so much. That will make things so much easier. I will definitely look for those special busses and talk to the driver. It's so nice to have someone on these boards with an insider look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter