• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating at Disney with Interstitial Cystitis

teachmedis

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, I'm hoping you have some tips for me. I have had IC for years, but I could manage it with diet and just avoiding the big triggers (citrus, tomatoes etc.). Unfortunately the last 5 months or so I've taken a turn and I have a very minimal diet. I prepare everything myself, I don't eat anything processed. In the future, unless I go into remission, I'll book something with a kitchenette, but to make do for this trip I'm wondering if you have any strategies. I only have a couple dining reservations, the biggest trigger I think will be ohana. Basically I eat very bland food. Anyone else have experience with this?

I do -! I drink lots of water !if you should have a flare up - brung baking soda with you - teaspoon in glass cold water - drink it - calms your bladder down -
Speak with the chef - he can and will fix you food to help you- Disney is great at this !! Avoid all sauces you never know what they put in them 🤣🤣
Good Luck!! I hope you have a great time
Feel free to PM me if you have questions I’ve had this for decades

Flag any ADRs you make with "Other" as your allergy then say upon checking in that you have an uncommon allergy. (Even though it’s not an allergy, that’s how Disney handles such specific dietary needs.) Tell your server what you need and ask to speak with a chef.

Checking the official Disney menus for suitable items in advance may help you decide. Scroll waaaay down to the bottom to find the allergy-friendly sections for adults and kids.The allergy-friendly kids TS menus have plain grilled chicken or fish sometimes and some plain vegetables to give you ideas of what is readily available. You’ll get an adult portion of kids items.

We generally avoid any restaurants that offer dishes typically sauced such as Asian or Italian. With my gluten-free, dairy-free and DH’s all peppers allergy, it’s much easier not to challenge those to fix us something we each can eat safely, we feel. Besides, we wouldn’t be getting the typical cuisine anyway.

I hope whatever Disney restaurants you choose surprise you with something delicious.

Thank you both! My son has a dairy allergy, so thankfully I am proficient with that ordering process. I'm trying to slowly reintroduce more foods, but it is very slow going as if a food causes a flare it can take 3 days to get past it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter