Eat at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Amish Casserole???
A layered ground beef and egg noodle casserole topped with cheese and baked. It sounds easy and like a good casserole for a cool damp day like we are having today, it's been drizzly out all day.
I haven't tried this yet, it's new for tonight but I know my DH and his taste buds and he will love this. The best part is I have everything on hand already to fix it.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amish-casserole/detail.aspx

This is such a great thread! I was looking for a thread about tips on saving money on the grocery bill, and I found it! Perfect!

Like many, if I want to go to Disney, I need to "shave" a little off other areas to pay for it. Groceries is one of our biggest expenses, besides say heat. :) Opting for a few cheaper meals a couple times a week is a big help.

Hi everyone, mind if I join in:)? We do pretty well eating at home, mostly because we live in a small town with very few restaurants;), but there's always room for improvement, right? I have a few crock pot meals this week, dd12 is in a Nutcracker ballet on Thurs & we have rehearsals every night until then. Most of these recipes are from the eatathomecooks website, I like to try different cookbooks/websites, I think I frustrate my family because they would like to see "old favorites" on the menu more often.

Sat- we had breakfast burritos & fruit
Sun- a Mexican casserole for the church potluck
Mon- cheese tortellini soup, bread
Tues- tonight is garlic chicken in the crock pot, baked potatoes (crock pot) & a veggie
Wed- honey cashew pork stir fry, rice, broccoli
Thurs- slow cooker chicken enchilada soup, salad, rolls
Fri- 50's Prime Time meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veggies

I reserve the right to substitute $2 subways in for one of these nights if my daughter drives me crazy doing her performance hair/makeup:laughing:

Placing my shoprite.com order to pick up tomorrow...these are the meals I have planned for next 2 weeks in no particular order:

Italian drip beef sandwiches
Pork chops with fried apples, green beans with almonds
Pork chops with mushroom soup wine sauce, mashed potatoes
chicken parm over spaghetti
ponzu chicken and beef fajitas, cheese, avocado, sour cream
chicken tikka masala with basmati rice
chicken cordon bleu, broccoli, mashed potatoes
cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomato, coleslaw, smile fries
chicken chili in the crockpot, cheese and sour cream to top it

We are also going to a pot luck on Saturday..going to bring sloppy joes in a crockpot

Not sure about Christmas eve/Christmas dinner yet

Probably going to make meatloaf or something tonight, I have ground beef defrosted in fridge

Hi everyone, mind if I join in:)? We do pretty well eating at home, mostly because we live in a small town with very few restaurants;), but there's always room for improvement, right? I have a few crock pot meals this week, dd12 is in a Nutcracker ballet on Thurs & we have rehearsals every night until then. Most of these recipes are from the eatathomecooks website, I like to try different cookbooks/websites, I think I frustrate my family because they would like to see "old favorites" on the menu more often.

Tues- tonight is garlic chicken in the crock pot, baked potatoes (crock pot) & a veggie

I reserve the right to substitute $2 subways in for one of these nights if my daughter drives me crazy doing her performance hair/makeup:laughing:

:welcome: Good to see you here. Your menu sounds fantastic.

Today was grocery shopping day so the menu for the week is:

Tonight- Lemon orzo chicken soup with salad
Wednesday- Spaghetti with homemade turkey meatballs, garlic bread, and cucumber salad
Thursday- The Pioneer Woman's sour cream nood bake with cucumber salad
Friday- Baked potaotes and chili
Saturday- Homemade baked macaroni and cheese
Sunday- BBQ chicken thighs with sweet potato fries and roasted brussel sprouts

Posted earlier in the week but this site was having issues so it did not go through.

Sunday-
Jambalaya, red beans, buttered corn and sliced pears

Monday-
Meatloaf, left over red beans, mashed potatoes, peas and rolls

Tuesday-
Spagetti, garlic bread, and salad

Wednesday-
Chicken Enchiladas, Chips and cheese, fruit

Thursday-
Pizza and salad

Friday-
Christmas party- dinner at neighbor's house

Saturday-
BBQ chicken, mac and cheese, buttered carrots and cresent rolls

Hi and welcome! I just found this budget board a few months ago too and love it! My family too would like repeats of "favorites" but I love to cook new and untried recipes so it was funny to hear your family complain of the same thing. I am addicted to allrecipes.com. as well as cookbooks and other cooking shows on tv. Such is the life of a foodie.

Thanks for the welcomes!:). You all have some great looking menus! I like all recipes too, Cin, it's fun to read the reviews. It's hard to make things on a regular rotation when there are so many recipes out there! Also, I can spend a lot of time cooking something that my kids think is "ok", but then make grilled cheese with canned tomato soup & they're in heaven:rotfl:. Tonight we had the crockpot garlic chicken, baked potatoes & mixed veggies.

Tonight is honey cashew pork stir fry, rice & broccoli. I'll pack a pb & j, etc for dd12, who has dance rehearsal from 4 to 8:30 tonight. The $2 sub would probably be cheaper, but she is my picky eater:).

So, I wanted to first say thank you to you all for some awesome ideas for dinner.

I just finished my first semester back in school, so while on my break I am making a plan for dinners and such for the rest of the semester. While this may sound crazy, the one thing I could NOT keep up with last semester was a weekly meal plan. There just wasn't enough time.

So, I'm going through this and a bunch of my favorite food blogs and coming up with monthly plans for the next four months. I'm making grocery lists, and all I'll have to do is see what's on hand and then pop over to the store. I did it for a month at the beginning of the semester and it worked well, so we'll see how it goes.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to say welcome :welcome: to all the newbies!

How has everyone been doing? I've been doing well but have not been on the computer in a while the closer to the end of pregnancy the more tired I am getting. :thumbsup2

Its hard to believe that we are only 4 pages away from having to make a eat at home 2 thread!

I was wondering if anyone after the holidays would be interested in doing a mail recipe swap?We all have some great recipe why not share a few?

If interested pm me and once I have some feedback I will pm you back.

Here is what i have going this week

Monday was chicken noodle soup
Tuesday pizza and fries
Today chicken with rice and carrots
Thursday tacos
friday mac and cheese
Saturday spaghetti and sauce

Plans changed a bit. We spent the morning running around and finishing up our Christmas shopping so we had lunch out. Neither of us are too hungry but we have leftover soup to warm up and snack type items for tonight.

Hi to everyone new.
I'm too tired to cook tonight so DH is firing up the grill for burgers. I discovered today that making is spritz cookies is the adult version of play dough fun factory. Fun factory was a little easier to load though than the cookie press if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter