Eat at Home 3!

Tonight: nuggets and Mac n cheese for kids, me salad w/ chicken
Saturday: sausage and potatoes sheet pan dinner
Sunday: something I can make in crock pot because I'm taking middle daughter to ballet.
Monday: pork chops and cheesy potatoes

That's all the farther I've gotten.

I haven’t posted in a few weeks. I had surgery 12 days ago, so it has been easy stuff.

Tonight I made this and it was delicious. Chicken spaghetti with burrata. It wasn’t cheap. The cheese and pine nuts are pricey.

Roasted Tomatoes​

Chicken Pasta​

Garnish​

• ½ cup fresh basil chopped
  • ⅓ cup pine nuts lightly toasted
US Customary - Metric

Instructions​

Roasted tomatoes​

• Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, without overcrowding. Roast for about 20 minutes while you prepare the pasta.

Chicken Pasta​

• This recipe uses 1.5 lb of chicken breasts which usually means 2 large chicken breasts. Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Season them with salt, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning.
  • Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per each side until it's cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Slice it thinly.
  • To the same skillet, add lemon slices, minced garlic, butter and cook for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat to release lemon juices and to soften the garlic. Remove from heat.
  • Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
  • Add cooked and drained pasta to the same skillet with lemon slices, garlic, and butter. Mix everything well. Remove lemon slices.
  • Top the pasta with cooked sliced chicken and roasted tomatoes.

How to serve it​

• When serving, add chicken spaghetti to the plates and divide the burrata cheese among the plates. Top with chopped fresh basil and toasted pine nuts
So wonderful to supply recipes. Thank u.

Sunday- Ravioli and sauce
Monday- Sheet pan fajita chicken with peppers and onion
Tuesday- Tomato Soup and grilled cheese
Wednesday- Pizza from local brewery (have a gift card to use up)
Thursday- sloppy joes (maybe finally....they always get pushed off but we actually really like them when i get around to making them)
Friday- Teriyaki tacos
Saturday- leave for Florida ( more like middle of the night on Friday leave for Florida)

This one isn't necessarily a what's coming up on the menu, but more of a what have we done. We arrived home from Disney World on Wednesday. From the time we landed in Dallas until I went to bed, I felt awful. Had been feeling sick since Monday night at Disney, got tested for Covid, Flu and Strep on Tuesday at Urgent Care, and all were negative. So we stayed home Wednesday after landing just to be safe. Sure enough, I went back Thursday to my doc and tested positive. So no going to work, no going out to eat, no leaving the house basically. So here's what we've done.

Thursday
Lunch - late drive-thru breakfast after doc visit;
Dinner - Boxed pasta bake we had in the cabinet from previous WM trip;
(We picked up our Walmart order later that night after dinner)

Friday
Lunch - Hot ham and cheese sandwich;
Dinner - Crockpot chicken and rice;

Saturday
Lunch - leftover chicken and rice;
Dinner - DW picked up Whataburger drive thru

Sunday
Lunch - leftover chicken and rice;
Dinner - homemade tacos;

Monday
Lunch - Lady from church left Chick-fil-A chicken noodle soup and CFA nuggets on the porch;
Dinner - leftover tacos;

Sunday- Ravioli and sauce
Monday- Sheet pan fajita chicken with peppers and onion
Tuesday- Tomato Soup and grilled cheese
Wednesday- Pizza from local brewery (have a gift card to use up)
Thursday- sloppy joes (maybe finally....they always get pushed off but we actually really like them when i get around to making them)
Friday- Teriyaki tacos
Saturday- leave for Florida ( more like middle of the night on Friday leave for Florida)
Have a ball!

Sun leftover rice pliaf,grilled vegetables and steak tipa
Mon Columbia recipe Chicken Riojana with yellow rice
Tue tacos
Wed Swedish meatballs with egg noodles
Thu Baked potatoes with multiple toppings
Fri pizza and salad
Sat dinner party

We decided to order a pizza last night cause we had eaten at home so much lately with the Covid bout. Had leftover pizza for lunch today then made chicken nuggets tonight. Wife was cooking for her office Christmas party tomorrow, and I was not about to get in the kitchen and start cooking. So it was chicken nuggets and fries. So the eating at home continues. Goal is to cut down to just a couple of times per week eating out. Maybe either Friday or Saturday night and then Sunday after church.

We decided to order a pizza last night cause we had eaten at home so much lately with the Covid bout. Had leftover pizza for lunch today then made chicken nuggets tonight. Wife was cooking for her office Christmas party tomorrow, and I was not about to get in the kitchen and start cooking. So it was chicken nuggets and fries. So the eating at home continues. Goal is to cut down to just a couple of times per week eating out. Maybe either Friday or Saturday night and then Sunday after church.
We stopped eating out but part of the compromise was we got a BJs membership and an Ooni pizza oven.

Cutting down eating out and making more simple meals at home have been the best decision we've made. On Tuesdays I get the kids some kind of fast food (their choice) and then it seems like we go out or order in one day every other weekend.

This week I'd like to thank my crockpot for doing the cooking. We've been crazy busy and it's saved my butt several times.
We decided against a big Christmas dinner this year. I think my mom is coming up Christmas eve and I'm planning on doing pierogies, kielbasa, and deviled eggs. Christmas day were going to have pancakes/bacon/fruit brunch. And then snacking the rest of the day.

This week I'd like to thank my crockpot for doing the cooking. We've been crazy busy and it's saved my butt several times.
We decided against a big Christmas dinner this year. I think my mom is coming up Christmas eve and I'm planning on doing pierogies, kielbasa, and deviled eggs. Christmas day were going to have pancakes/bacon/fruit brunch. And then snacking the rest of the day.
We are doing brunch on Christmas Day too. We are having pot luck with the family on the eve so I only need to make a million meatballs, sauce and rolls.

We are doing brunch on Christmas Day too. We are having pot luck with the family on the eve so I only need to make a million meatballs, sauce and rolls.
It's just me, hubby and the kids most holidays and the only other family nearby is my mom (and she's unreliable at best), so we just don't have the urge for a big lunch/dinner on the holidays. I love that we're going to do a less expensive brunch instead of feeling obligated to spend a fortune on a big fancy dinner the kids most likely won't eat. Lol.

It's just me, hubby and the kids most holidays and the only other family nearby is my mom (and she's unreliable at best), so we just don't have the urge for a big lunch/dinner on the holidays. I love that we're going to do a less expensive brunch instead of feeling obligated to spend a fortune on a big fancy dinner the kids most likely won't eat. Lol.
Breakfast for dinner is the best anyway!

What's on everyone's Christmas Eve/Christmas Day menu?

I'll start...
Menu:
Pineapple spiral cut ham (in the crockpot);
potatoes au gratin;
green bean casserole (my favorite);
deviled eggs;
rolls;
dessert (maybe banana pudding or cheesecake)

Story:
This year, it'll just be DW and I. Our families live about 3 hours away, but we decided to not see them for a couple of reasons. With us both having Covid this last week (and still not feeling 100%), we decided to not go visit family for Christmas., My parents are both in their 70s, while DW's extended family will have about 35-40 people together including 2 girls that are pregnant and 7 babies that are 5 years of age or young. My parents haven't spoken to me in a week since we told them we're not going to go. So obviously they're not happy.

Also, we wouldn't leave until after church service Sunday (we want to do candlelight at our church), and we'd have to come back on Monday afternoon for DW to work on Tuesday. So between those 2 things, it'll just be us for Christmas again (was the same in 2020 after we both tested positive for Covid 3 days before Christmas).

So we're doing Christmas Eve/Day by ourselves. We have Christmas Even candlelight at our church at 10:30 a.m. then want to do another one that evening at a local church. So, the plan is to eat somewhere nice either late in the afternoon or after the evening service on Christmas Eve. Then we'll cook lunch on Monday.

What's on everyone else's plans and menu?

What's on everyone's Christmas Eve/Christmas Day menu?

I'll start...
Menu:
Pineapple spiral cut ham (in the crockpot);
potatoes au gratin;
green bean casserole (my favorite);
deviled eggs;
rolls;
dessert (maybe banana pudding or cheesecake)

Story:
This year, it'll just be DW and I. Our families live about 3 hours away, but we decided to not see them for a couple of reasons. With us both having Covid this last week (and still not feeling 100%), we decided to not go visit family for Christmas., My parents are both in their 70s, while DW's extended family will have about 35-40 people together including 2 girls that are pregnant and 7 babies that are 5 years of age or young. My parents haven't spoken to me in a week since we told them we're not going to go. So obviously they're not happy.

Also, we wouldn't leave until after church service Sunday (we want to do candlelight at our church), and we'd have to come back on Monday afternoon for DW to work on Tuesday. So between those 2 things, it'll just be us for Christmas again (was the same in 2020 after we both tested positive for Covid 3 days before Christmas).

So we're doing Christmas Eve/Day by ourselves. We have Christmas Even candlelight at our church at 10:30 a.m. then want to do another one that evening at a local church. So, the plan is to eat somewhere nice either late in the afternoon or after the evening service on Christmas Eve. Then we'll cook lunch on Monday.

What's on everyone else's plans and menu?
You need to do what works best for you. One year we flew to Bermuda for the week. It wasn’t great. We missed everyone. We are driving to another state to see the family Christmas Eve, probably doing the candlelight service at their church then home for Christmas in our pajamas with my son and his girl. My daughter and her fiancé both live away and have to work but we did Thanksgiving with them. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

My sister and I take turns hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas. Christmas Eve is a fancy meal. Christmas Day more casual.

She is hosting Christmas Eve this year, and I’m not sure what is on the menu.

Christmas Day-
Hot crab dip with crostini
Shrimp cocktail
Cheese and crackers
Honey baked ham
Potato casserole
Broccoli casserole
Mac and cheese
Deviled eggs
A few different pies
Chocolate chip cookies
Cranberry margaritas
Homemade eggnog
Sparkling juice for the teens

My mom does a large part of the Christmas meal and brings it to my house.

I've followed along on this thread over the years and have gotten some great ideas....just realized I should share some, too:). I'm cooking for my husband and I, and my mom(82) who lives with our family, along with our 18 year old son(college freshman, he lives at home and is a relatively picky eater, although he has been more adventurous lately). This week's menu:

Monday: French Onion Soup with homemade baguette
Tuesday: Chicken riggies with salad
Wednesday: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, oven roasted vegetables
Thursday: Smashburgers and Fries
Friday: Homemade Pizza

Monday- chicken cutlets
Tuesday- Tacos with rice
Wednesday-marinated London broil/ baked potatoes
Thursday- teriyaki chicken with rice
Friday- grilled cheese and tomato soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter