EasyWDW or TouringPlans?

EasyWDW or TouringPlans?

• Easy WDW

• Touring Plans

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have also been a bit irked by how often Touring Plans change theirs. I understand why they do this, just don't like it.

Please don't taket his as picking on you, because that's not what I'm intending here at all. But I just don't undertand this complaint. TouringPlans.com is data-driven. They change their recommendations when the data change. Changing the recommendations is what makes their information more accurate. Sure, they could leave the recommedations the way they were before new information was integrated. But then the recommendations wouldn't be based on accurate data.

There are essentially three things that will cause TouringPlans recs to change: 1) Disney changes schedules (hours of operation change, EMH hours change, or - big one for Hollywood Studios - show schedules change); 2) actual tourist data that they collect is inconsistent with their historical data (they adjust historical data to reflect the actual data); 3) attraction opening/closing/refurb changes park traffic patterns sufficiently to cause changes in wait times that are greater that their acceptable margin of error

Responding to that data only increases their accuracy. You don't have to like that new data leads to different results than you'd planned on. But why blame the messenger when the data changes and they're trying to provide you with the most accurate data upon which to base you expectations?

I prefer EasyWDW. I have been following the lines app and honestly on the days that EasyWDW differs from Touring plans the wait times seem more in line with Josh's estimates at EasyWDW.

Thanks to all for answering! It is the ADR thing that drives me nuts even if you have Park Hoppers. I really feel like Easy WDW takes the human factor into consideration. The actual thinking about which park to go to for the average person not the DIS fan.

Please don't taket his as picking on you, because that's not what I'm intending here at all. But I just don't undertand this complaint. TouringPlans.com is data-driven. They change their recommendations when the data change. Changing the recommendations is what makes their information more accurate. Sure, they could leave the recommedations the way they were before new information was integrated. But then the recommendations wouldn't be based on accurate data.

There are essentially three things that will cause TouringPlans recs to change: 1) Disney changes schedules (hours of operation change, EMH hours change, or - big one for Hollywood Studios - show schedules change); 2) actual tourist data that they collect is inconsistent with their historical data (they adjust historical data to reflect the actual data); 3) attraction opening/closing/refurb changes park traffic patterns sufficiently to cause changes in wait times that are greater that their acceptable margin of error

Responding to that data only increases their accuracy. You don't have to like that new data leads to different results than you'd planned on. But why blame the messenger when the data changes and they're trying to provide you with the most accurate data upon which to base you expectations?

I'll repeat myself. I understand it. I just dont like it. This is an O P I N I O N. I do not require a lecture as to whether my opinion is valid or not. By the way, do you happen to work for TP? You certainly seem to have very strong reactions to any criticism.

I like the way Josh thinks about the parks and his reasoning makes sense to me.

His website is also much easier to understand and follow.

It's also free. ;)

If it's raining I go to Epcot.

If it's not raining I go to Magic Kingdom.

Is this really that hard??

Today would have been a good day for Hollywood Studios. Toy Story Mania had FASTPASSes available until about 2:30pm and Tower of Terror has had wait times under 30 minutes for most of the day. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has been under 40 minutes and Star Tours around 20. Extra Magic Hours at Disney's two "most popular" theme parks help pull people away and we also have morning Extra Magic Hour tomorrow.

I think at one point in either August or September TouringPlans has nothing but Animal Kingdom recommended for four days straight with Hollywood Studios as the only "park to avoid." That doesn't seem to be particularly helpful.

See? That's totally how I tour. :rotfl::thumbsup2 Thanks Josh! :)

I'll repeat myself. I understand it. I just dont like it. This is an O P I N I O N. I do not require a lecture as to whether my opinion is valid or not. By the way, do you happen to work for TP? You certainly seem to have very strong reactions to any criticism.

No, that's why I said I'm not trying to nitpick. I really do want to understand. Why is it that you dislike updated information?

I don't work for TouringPlans and really have no interest, other than having used their product and appreciating a scientific approach to the question.

I think at one point in either August or September TouringPlans has nothing but Animal Kingdom recommended for four days straight with Hollywood Studios as the only "park to avoid." That doesn't seem to be particularly helpful.

Those four days are coming up next week (the beginning of my trip) and that's why I'll be going with your recommendations, Josh. I look at TP's recommendations but really just to compare. Plus I really enjoy reading your [very thorough] explanations.

I like Josh's (easywdw) approach better than TP. I was (and am) a TGM member and Josh's thought processes are similar to Mike's, which I was always more comfortable with than Touring Plans. I like having it explained to me so I can decide if the reasoning makes sense for me / my group / my situation / whatever.

THIS 100%....:thumbsup2

congrats Josh, you're winning!

I think he has multiple logins and keeps voting for himself.....:rotfl2:

I voted for you Josh....I love your site....I especially like your blogs when checking out crowds at the parks to check your ratings....:thumbsup2

If it's raining I go to Epcot.

If it's not raining I go to Magic Kingdom.

Is this really that hard??

Thats what I get for asking an honest question. I did not know the owners were on DIS but I certainly should have figured it out. That is my fault. This is not meant for a "war". I actually, truly was looking for a good way to understand the crowd level control so I could make the trip easier on my family. We have to go during a peak season or not go at all. If you don't respect a DIS Board member or a real question about your site then how do you expect us to respect your findings or take you seriously. My apologies to the members who responded. Thanks so much for your time.

Touringplans lines app will certainly be useful and IMO worth the minimal cost.
As far as park recommendations go, I guess I will find out after my vacation, some days in my itinerary were recommended by TouringPlans, and others by EasyWDW.
I do like EasyWDW's forum where Josh seems very responsive to questions about his recommendations. TP doesn't have anywhere to interact with the authors and ask them questions...at least that I could see.

I love his visits to his parks and checks his recommendations versus TP. I too pay for TGM and now love easywdw. If here were to charge I would change just because he updates more and faster. I saw August Hours changes, additional Fantasmic!, and other important August things posted weeks before TGM.

I do not pay for TP. I would to be able to compare accurately.

I'm a Touring Plans junkie. :goodvibes We go during President's Week and I have been able to tour with a top wait time of 20 minutes using the plans. (Although we did wait for Astro Orbitor for 45 minutes - we deviated from the plans.) I love Touring Plans simply because they work. I'm not familiar with EasyWDW, but will check it out. You can never plan too much for a Disney trip!

I am currently using both TP and easyWDW. I like that both sites list what kind of criteria they use for recommending (or not) parks. There's never going to be a one-size-fits-all answer to touring. I am using a good portion of TP's Epcot plans, plus most of easyWDW's for AK and HS. I had to make up my own for MK because no one has a "Evening and a Full Day for Daredevil Families Who are Disneyland Vets.";)

I do like that Touring Plans switched from always not-recommending the EMH park. I think it had locked TP into recommendations that didn't make sense. I like looking at how the crowds build for rides (I know I'm a little OCD with numbers). I like the ability to make and save Personalized Plans and the Line app -- those alone are worth the subscription price.

EasyWDW may not have the statistical weight/history that Touring Plans has (or an app that I like), but I like that it's a more "real feel." I like the photos on the blog showing what an EMH crowd looks like, or how uncrowded EPCOT is even when it's supposedly busy.

PHXscuba

p.s. Josh, are you ever going to finish the MK touring plans? Would love to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter