EasyWDW / notfrosty Josh / obituary

Thank you for your tribute @derekburgan, I know what a huge loss I, as someone who never had the pleasure of meeting him, felt, so I cannot fathom how you and your fellow bloggers must feel. My sincere condolences to those of you who knew and loved him.

I'll share another favorite of mine, some years ago during F&W he figured out exactly which alcoholic drinks gave you the best bang for your buck. All the math that went into the number of ounces by ABV by price did not go unappreciated! As much as I enjoyed the cold, crisp taste of the grapefruit beer in Germany I quit buying it at Epcot because "Josh says it's a terrible value!".

For anyone interested, I wrote about Josh in this year's annual In Memoriam article as well. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer and I hopefully I give some sort of justice to the legacy he left in the theme park community: https://touringplans.com/blog/s6_in_memoriam2022/
Superb piece. Your writing style is fantastic and I enjoyed the whole article. The part about Josh was A+++ with a perfect last sentence. Bravo. And thank you.

I finally read that tribute. 😭😭😭😭 So wonderful. I know he would have been touched.

I knew when Josh passed, but I never read anything about it, other than on another website, which simply said he passed and then there were people arguing about how he passed. It hurt too much to read those comments, so I did not dig any further.

I was a member of TourGuideMike and he (Mike) was struggling to keep his website up-to-date due to his own personal issues he was battling....then I found Josh/easyWDW. I never met Josh in person, but we had several exchanges in PM where he really helped me out. He was honest and I really appreciated that. Josh was a great guy. He is missed!

I finally read that tribute. 😭😭😭😭 So wonderful. I know he would have been touched.

I knew when Josh passed, but I never read anything about it, other than on another website, which simply said he passed and then there were people arguing about how he passed. It hurt too much to read those comments, so I did not dig any further.

I was a member of TourGuideMike and he (Mike) was struggling to keep his website up-to-date due to his own personal issues he was battling....then I found Josh/easyWDW. I never met Josh in person, but we had several exchanges in PM where he really helped me out. He was honest and I really appreciated that. Josh was a great guy. He is missed!

Yes he is. 2021 was an extremely difficult year, speaking as someone who is also single and lives alone.

This last trip was the first I have taken without being able to use his blog as a resource and it was definitely not the same. I loved his articles and the humor he put into all of them.

I know this is not new news for everyone else...I do not stay involved in WDW boards, or sites when we do not have a trip planned. I enjoy it too much and miss it when we don't have a planned trip.
We are now planning our first trip since 2017 and just finding out about Josh's death. It is so sad. He brought so much joy, happiness, and HELP to so many of us. The gap he left has not been filled - and I'm not sure it can be. We will still go to WDW and we will still have a good time..but the prep and planning won't be the same nor as fun.
Rest Easy, Josh - thank you..

I wore my “10 Dragons“ memorial shirt during a trip this past Spring Break and a gentlemen stopped me on our way out of the Tron pre-show room:

”Is that for Josh?”

“Sure is.”

”I miss him.”

”I miss him too.”

I just hope Josh knew/knows that he meant so much to so many people, many of whom he would never even meet.

I wore my “10 Dragons“ memorial shirt during a trip this past Spring Break and a gentlemen stopped me on our way out of the Tron pre-show room:

”Is that for Josh?”

“Sure is.”

”I miss him.”

”I miss him too.”

I just hope Josh knew/knows that he meant so much to so many people, many of whom he would never even meet.
I have a 10 Dragons shirt as well! I wear it almost every time we go to Epcot. No one has said anything to me 🙁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter