EasyWDW / notfrosty Josh / obituary

Somehow, in the 25 years I've been on Disney discussion boards and following Disney content on social media, I've never come across this website and thus, this man. However, I'm still sad to hear about what seems to be a wonderful guy who was lost and felt alone and like he didn't matter anymore. That is always tragic.

Check on your friends and family members who have depression/anxiety, especially the ones who live alone. Mental illness can crush people who don't have absolutely rock solid support systems in place and it can happen SO fast. The people left behind rarely see it coming. It is hard work every single day to get through depression. Every single day, those suffering need to hear how much they are loved, and needed, and how they must keep going, because they CAN beat the beast. There is help and healing out there, but no one can be expected to do it alone.

Rest in Peace, Josh. You mattered a whole lot to a whole lot of people.

This really hit me. I gravitated to him because we had some style/behaviors in common. I felt true joy reading his posts, knowing that he took on the challenge of learning the ins and outs of a very complex system, analyzed every minute detail, and lovingly distilled it for the rest of us. And I shared in his sadness as he shared his frustrations with the recent park changes. I'll be sure to take a pic for josh next time I'm on TriceraTop Spin, and caption it with "This is the life!"

I'm so sad - I loved reading his blog and loved his humor and snark. He loved Disney but didn't sugarcoat how things were. I hope he knew how much he meant to all of us over the years :sad:

RIP Josh, and prayers for your family :sad1:

I used to read Josh's site religiously from the start and stopped because it gave me FOMO! I did continue to check in, just not daily. He took such beautiful "arty" photos and gave such good advice with humor and wit like no one else. He was clearly very loved but sadly mental health does not always let you see you are. You will be very missed dear Josh.

My heart is heavy. 😞

I appreciated Josh for his wit, self-deprecating humor, and his ability to respectfully slide into TPAS threads which were questioning his blog. I always felt honored that he stayed within guidelines so closure of the thread wasn’t warranted.

Josh was also compassionate. I once messaged him to ask for advice regarding orchestrating, mostly by my DD, a special post-Fant cast m&g for a fellow DISer who was dealing with late-stage cancer…he was hoping to make memories for his 2 year-old son.

As an event performer, DD had to finagle her schedule to be in Fant and it fell on a day where DHS announced a special event. Josh assured me that it was a 1-off event and the crowds wouldn’t be greatly affected. He also assured me the DISer wouldn’t mind the possibly elevated crowd day because a Fant cast m&g in the amphitheater was beyond special. Josh, of course, eased my mind, was correct, and the DISer, whom we had never met, was thrilled that DD set up such a special memory for his family. I have always appreciated how Josh played an integral part in this Fant magic.

Rest easy, Josh. My next ride on Mr. Toad will be in your honor! 💛

So incredibly sad. I heard the news last night and was in disbelief. I, too, used his crowd calendars in the past and absolutely loved his written reviews. His sarcasm and wit kept me laughing! He was also very entertaining to watch on certain YouTubers videos when he was their guest star. That really had us rolling! Oh my, he will certainly be missed. ❤

This is so incredibly sad and a huge loss to the community. I loved his posts - always thought of his reviews if we happened to be at Epcot for one of the festivals and I told my family to always skip the Italy booth.

I don‘t know what I could add that hasn’t been said. What a terrible loss. Wishing love and comfort to his family and friends. So sad :sad1:

This is incredibly sad news. Josh was the site I found when planning our big trip in 2017 after having not visited WDW in over 12 years. I even own his book and read it cover to cover. Other then Disboards his was the only site I visited over the last two years during this very difficult time, and then only to read. Now I wish I had posted more and thanked him for all his hard work. I am just very sad. Condolences to his family. May he Rest In Peace.

This is such sad, horrible news. Unfortunately I never met him but my wife and I would often laugh out loud at his sarcastic wit. We always looked forward to His honest insights and incredible photographs. He is going to be greatLy missed.

Once upon a time, he was a go to of many of us.

Thought some of the old cats would like to know. :(

Josh's Obituary Announcement | easyWDW Member Forums (easywdwforums.com)
Thank you for posting this. I knew he had been sick off and on for the last year or more. I did not think it was terminal :(. I found Josh a few years ago and started following him for his crowd calendars. I kept following him for his in depth and amusing park reports and bitingly sarcastic twitter feed. He was very special in our little Walt Disney World universe and I will sorely miss him.

anyone know what happened? I was reading his tweeter feed, and few weeks ago he posted this

It seems he had a major health problem, bounced back, but then could not catch up with the time lost. He says covid lockdown took a toll on his mental health as well. It is so sad, please check on your loved ones, make sure they are loved and that they know they can count on you for anything. RIP Josh

Unfortunately, after reading that, there's really only one conclusion you can come to. Hopefully he is at peace now. Prayers for his family.

Terribly sad. His snarky humor was both brilliant and truly unique. He wrote about WDW like no one else. I used easywdw to help plan several trips. The WDW fandom community is worse off now for sure without the laughs he brought his readers.

Unfortunately, after reading that, there's really only one conclusion you can come to. Hopefully he is at peace now. Prayers for his family.

Terribly sad. His snarky humor was both brilliant and truly unique. He wrote about WDW like no one else. I used easywdw to help plan several trips. The WDW fandom community is worse off now for sure without the laughs he brought his readers.

yes. that is my conclusion. sad

This news is heartbreaking for me who never met Josh. I am so terribly sad for his family and friends.

Like many of you, his site was my go-to for Disney planning. I took so many bits of advice from his blog into my trips to get fantastic results. Recently he had posted that he felt he didn't fit in to the Disney blogger community anymore and I'm glad that he later posted how overwhelmed he was with the outpouring of support he received. I was one of those that sent my appreciation on Twitter and he liked my reply and most, if not all, of the replies on that thread. He was THE Disney blogger for me. Great photos, detailed advice, on-point humor, realistic reviews. He can't be replaced.

Rest in peace, Josh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter