Easy surprise gift ideas for a 7yo girl on her first (surprise) trip to WDW?

kboo

DIS Veteran
Hi, our neighbors are taking their 7yo DD for a surprise birthday trip to WDW on ... President's Weekend. Yes, it's their first time ever.

I'd like to get their daughter a gift of some sort for her trip and was thinking of just getting her a gift card (and giving it to her mom to give to her when they're en route), but was wondering if you all had any other, better ideas? Has anyone used Disney Dollars? Any other ideas for some special magic that a 7yo would appreciate? (They are staying onsite at WL).

Thanks in advance!

What about some trading pins and a pin lanyard? That could be a super fun gift and she'd be able to enjoy it during the whole trip. My girls loved trading pins with cast members. I've got to order some more for our upcoming trip.

What about some trading pins and a pin lanyard? That could be a super fun gift and she'd be able to enjoy it during the whole trip. My girls loved trading pins with cast members. I've got to order some more for our upcoming trip.

Along the same lines, a penny press book would be great too!

Perhaps a whole kit with pin and lanyard, autograph book with pin and/or a penny press book.

I just bought some generic pressed penny books on amazon. Planning to decorate it and add my kids names on it for our next trip. If you do that, I'd also include a container of shiny pennies and quarters. M&M mini tubes or old prescription bottle. Disneystore.com also had free shipping on park merchandise...not sure if it's still going on. You can get her some MB accessories or frozen stuff (assuming she's interested).

That is so sweet! I'd either do a couple of pins or some supplies for pressed pennies. My 7YO DD is all about Disney Tsum Tsums, which is a free game for phones/iPads, and they just love the little ones that are decent priced. I think the GC is a lovely idea for her to pick out something she would like. Maybe you could even give her a list of possible ideas like pick a pearl in Japan, the various Disney stores in the parks and what they might have (like "do you love Christmas? There are 2 stores for you to see!") and also an idea of some edible souvenirs like pretzel sticks, lollipops and marshmallow wands. Or a list of daily tips for parks -- like looking for Pascal in the Rapunzel bathroom area or cluing her in on spotting hidden mickeys or being sure to meet the main man himself in the MK and to get a FP for it (but not telling her he talks!). Maybe also include a dollar bin tube of either glow bracelets or necklaces for some fun in the night. There are also the print out pages above which would be free and that could be a lovely addition for the trip to the park.

As a mom of a (former!) 7 yo girl, I approve of the pressed penny book. Mine loves hers. It is a relatively cheap, but very special souvenir. My kids also love the collector packs of little disney figures. Not sure if you can get those outside of parks, though. Mickey ears might be fun, too! (Though, it is hard to be sure a kid will actually wear them! ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions! A pressed penny book + pennies is a great idea for the birthday girl, and for my daughter, who is slowly accumulating her collection as well.

We plan on buying a lanyard and a whole set of pins from amazon. First day the kids (DD and DS) will receive their lanyard with a starter pin, and each day we will wrap a few more pins and put it on the night table with a card "handwritten" from a disney character they like. It'll be an ongoing gift for the whole trip! I'm also going to treat my DD to a princess manicure with disney nail art at Senses GF. Our trip is only a few days after their birthday so we plan on doing more around disney with regards to gifts then on their actual birthday.

We are getting our 6 year old the Kids WDW guidebook that she can read in line for rides and look for hidden Mickey's, as well as penny press stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter