Easy restaurants to get without a reservation?

strike4

Mouseketeer
I have 3 days w/o reservations. I would prefer to keep it that way because I don't know what park we will be in , who will be joining etc.. Has anyone had a good experience with walk up dining? Thank you in advance to repliers! :daisy:

Instead of walking up, make a last minute reservation on the app. Allow time to travel to the restaurant. Disney recommends allowing 1.5hrs.

You might have luck with day-of reservations at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants.

Instead of walking up, make a last minute reservation on the app. Allow time to travel to the restaurant. Disney recommends allowing 1.5hrs.

You might have luck with day-of reservations at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants.
Yes, I will use the app. Walk up dining was the term I used for last minute. I shouldn't have used that term. I know that one of those days, I plan to be in Disney Springs.
I've never been to the Swan and Dolphin. I'll have to check it out. Thank you!

Raglan Road during the early afternoon is good about walk ups, especially if you sit at the bar. I think my sister & I only had reservations twice there - once for brunch and once for dinner.

Kona Island, in the Poly next to Kona Cafe, always has open seating & serves the same food as Kona Cafe if you are unable to do a walk up there. You can watch the monorail from the window.

In World showcase - Tutto Gusto in Italy serves Tutto Italia food & it is rarely crowded, Via Napoli has walk ups available if you go during the off hours (like 11a, 3p-4p & 8p)

My sister & I got lucky before & walked up for the Boma buffet & we only waited 10 mins before we were sat.

We did not use the app for any of these restaurants I listed here.

Good luck & enjoy!

Wow! That is better places than I expected! It eases my nerves about trying this experiment. Thank you!

Grand Floridian Cafe is often good for a last-minute reservation. I've done this several times. A quick monorail ride from MK.

On our last trip, DH and I had good luck with "last minute" ressies. We had breakfast at The Wave (highly recommended) and made the reservation via the app the night before. We also saw reservations available for Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Prime Time Diner on the app when we searched for a lunch reservation on another morning before we ended up at Casey's. San Angel Inn usually has plenty of availability as well.

You can always look now to see what last minute reservations you can get if you went today to get an idea of what is possible. I sometimes do this close to my trip so I have an idea of what places show up frequently so I might have options.

You can always look now to see what last minute reservations you can get if you went today to get an idea of what is possible. I sometimes do this close to my trip so I have an idea of what places show up frequently so I might have options.

I would have never thought of that! This is why these forums are so great!

The monorail restaurants are a great idea! I don't know anything about the Wave so I'm going to check out the menu. :)

You’d be surprised how many restaurants you can get last minute. I’ve even gotten an Ohana ressie last minute once. We do last minute ressies quite often bc we don’t like to plan ahead that much anymore.
You can get last minutes often bc people need to cancel 24 hrs ahead.
Good luck!

You’d be surprised how many restaurants you can get last minute. I’ve even gotten an Ohana ressie last minute once. We do last minute ressies quite often bc we don’t like to plan ahead that much anymore.
You can get last minutes often bc people need to cancel 24 hrs ahead.
Good luck!

You have just made my day! When my family went to Disney the first time years ago, we didn't know anything and had so much more fun just doing things in the moment.
I'm hoping to have a little of that this time.

If your in Magic Kingdom go to Guest Services. They will almost always be able to get you into Tony's

Consider Kimonos sushi lounge at the Swan, no reservations taken. Open at 5:30. No karaoke before 9:30. Food until late. They have non sushi choices, too. Family friendly.

Also at the Swan Il Mulino which serves full menu in the lounge.

I agree with PPs that you can check MDX in essentially real time for open choices. We’ve snagged last minute reservations at tons of places(La Cocina, Wave, Boathouse, Artist Point) sometimes we’ve snagged these on the bus from a park to the next location.

Happy hunting!!

Instead of walking up, make a last minute reservation on the app. Allow time to travel to the restaurant. Disney recommends allowing 1.5hrs..

Making plans for later this year, but I was curious about what was available last minute through the app right at this moment. Wow! There were a lot more quality options than I thought, some at rather reasonable times. Artist Point, Chefs de France, Jiko, Flying Fish, Liberty Tree Tavern, California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse would all be available options tonight.

Things have come a loooooong way since the last time I hit up WDW.

This. We’ve had success with this multiple times and with places we weren’t able to get ADRs for weeks out.

For AK you can walk up Yak&Yeti (and Rainforest Cafe) if you have a Landry’s Select club. It costs $20, and you get a $20 credit to use on your visit. So worth it!

Otherwise you can almost always grab a good meal the night before, and even the day of. We have gotten..

same day 50’s Prime Time, 1900 Dinner, BoG Breakfast, Garden Grill breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch one trip, dinner another).

Honestly just keep refreshing and you’ll see all kinds of things open up as people reschedule their reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter