Easter visit!

dunangst

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW for Easter break with our 8 year old son. Any tips for Easter things to do?

Catch the parades at MK....take time to check out the decorations every where....like Christmas, it's magical:) Enjoy...

We've got Easter brunch booked at Chef Mickeys. Some (maybe most?) of the hotels do some sort of Easter egg hunt and there should hopefully be special Easter treats we fly in Good Friday and are very excited. I'm sure you'll have a magical time xx

Have lots of patience because it will be crowded. Plan to hit the parks early because as the morning goes on and the crowd level builds they will limit the people who can enter the parks. And based on this week, nearly everyday they have had to close the admission at MK to of the some guest. My Uncle works in MK Fantasy land as a photographer and he said the crowds have been overwhelming this week because of the open of the new Fantasy Land. Many times this week by 11:00 a.m Disney was issueing the stage 2 closing.
Easter Day has a history of being very crowded so plan accordingly.

Here is what the closing mean

There are five stages to Park Closings, based on number of people in a Park. The turnstile master computer at each park keeps track of both entries and exits. When a park capacity closes (which is done in stages) there has to be a certain number of people exiting, with the total "in park" below a certain number, before they start allowing people in again.

I am low enough on the totem pole that I have no idea what these numbers are.

Stage Zero - Due to limited available parking, Guests may be directed to alternate parking areas where they will use Resort transportation to travel to the park of their choice.

Stage 1 - At this stage each Guest in a vehicle must have a valid multi-day ticket. Also Guests with a Park Hopper or re-entering the Park, by showing a currently dated Parking Receipt, will be allowed in. Also, any Guests using Disney transportation are allowed.

Stage 2 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders, Guests with Park Hopper tickets crossing over from another Park, Guests re-entering this Park today. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted. Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told the Theme Park has reached capacity.

Stage 3 - At this stage, Theme Park admission is limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders. Guests with written confirmation of reservations for Dining or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League within one hour are also admitted.

Stage 4 - Nobody is allowed in.

Also, if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort and have a ticket, you are guaranteed entry into A park. Not necessarily the one you want (unless you want to go into AK). And if you have entered and left a park and do not have a hopper you may not get into anything.

*Guests of WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green at the Walt Disney World Resort are considered part of this group for Stages 2 and 3. In addition, Guests from Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus are included.

2013 will be our first Easter trip to the World. We have done May, June, July and August in past years. Can anyone provide insight on how different we will find March 26 - April 7?

We will be there this year for Easter too. Having been there on Christmas multiple times, I am hoping that Easter isn't any worse. :)

I will be there for easter as well. Just an FYI supposedly there are some discounts that are supposed to go public tomorrow. I called tonight and was able to get the discount being a disney Visa card holder. It saved me $260.

Plan! Plan plan! We went Easter 2011 crowds were intense sometimes 2 hour waits for rides and meals, weather was hot. Use fp as much as possible, get to parks early in the mornings and make sure you have a list of must dos. We skipped several things that we werent crazy about. Due to increased crowds it took 3 days to get through MK. Take your time and enjoy it, have fun but just be prepared for it will be busy. Oh and take lots of hand Sanitizer we all caught the flu on our last day!

Bump. Anyone know of any Easter Epcot stuff?

Epcot is very cute on Easter Day. There are a few egg hunts at different locations. The one we went to had a podium where you sign the kids up at a certain time slot. The hunt itself didn't last long -- each kid got to find and keep maybe 5 plastic eggs that had candy inside. We found it to be a great park to be on Easter Day -- very low crowds last Easter 2012. Hoping for the same this Easter 2013 as we plan to be there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter