Easter trip - highs and lows

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
It was just myself and DH on this trip. We stayed for 5 nights off site at the Residhome Val d'Europe.

Highs:
The Forest of Enchantment show - I loved this, we saw it 3 times. I like the fact that it contained original music and the performers were singing live and not miming.

The Easter Sunday brunch at Inventions - We saw 12 characters: Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, March Hare, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale. The food was nice and the atmosphere great. The only downside was when the chocolate Easter eggs were brought out it was supposed to be one per table, but several families took 4 which left many tables without any.

Other park guests - Everyone we came across seemed really friendly this trip. No pushing and shoving at parades, Dreams etc.

Pictures - I managed to finally get pictures of the castle after Dreams without anyone else being in the way. We hung around after the show and were not rushed out by any cast members which was great. I also managed to get some great pictures during Dreams and of all the Swing into Spring decorations around the park.

lows:
Not really lows, just things that were not great.

The weather - it rained quite a bit, mostly on and off but still very damp.

Ride closures - although I knew about this ahead of time and think it is great that so many of the rides are being updated for the anniversary, it meant that we actually didn't spend as much time in the parks as we usually would as 5 attractions that we would probably do multiple times were not open. This could also been seen as a positive aswell though as it made us take breaks and relax more than usual at the hotel.

Major low point - our car being hit by a lorry on the drive home. Luckily we were OK and the car was still drivable (we will need a new back wheel arch and 2 doors - our insurance company is coming out next week to take the car for repair). But being in shock and stood on the hard shoulder of a French motorway in the rain for 45 minutes was not good, especially as we could not understand the lorry driver and he could not understand us (thank goodness for Google Translate!)

Overall another great trip and I am now looking forward to going back in the summer for my birthday trip to the Disneyland Hotel.

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed your trip & that you are all alright after the accident, its bad enough having an accident in the Uk let alone a foreign country. Hope your car is fixed quickly.

Glad the trip was good. Sorry to hear about your accident - sounds very scary especially in another country as you say. Glad you walked away from it without injury though. Hope your car gets repaired without too much hassle for you.

I've heard nothing but positives about the new show - sounds like a good move by DLRP!

That brunch sounds so much fun! I love Alice. We did the Park Fare breakfast at WDW last summer and met Alice and the Mad Hatter - he was amazing, SO funny. Probably one of the best 'in character' characters we've ever met. Never done a brunch at DLRP as we always arrive on a week day or leave on a Sunday morning! Bad planning!

DLH in the summer sounds lovely.

we drove back Thursday through the rain on the A104 and its scary on there, especially with all the potholes on that rode. Glad you guys are safe.

The rain was a downer for the trip but didn't totally spoil it. For me the Studios needs more Character meet and greets

I agree that the Studios do need more character meet and greets, especially now that there is no Stars and Cars meet and greet. We did however see several unannounced meet and greets out there which was good to see.

Welcome back, glad you had a magical trip apart from the accident :( thank goodness you were OK apart from the shock of it.

OMG glad you're ok!! How scary!!!

They MUST bring the Forest show back. Would be a no brainer!

The Mad Hatter is fab - my daughter, not 6, still remembers on her 4th birthday the interaction he had with her during the parade about her birthday and how old she was!

C x

Sounds a lovely trip bar the accident on the way home - scary stuff but glad you're OK and hope the car is fixed soon.

Hanging around after Dreams is a great idea, never thought of it myself - DS always likes to wait for the butterflies and fish at the end but then it is a matter of holding tight to each other and trying to take the racing line through the park and Village back to the hotel!

Happy planning for your special DLH trip in the summer. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter