Easter Sunday in MK

mdurette

DIS Veteran
Ok - I know I am nuts. But, we are going to do it. I typically avoid Disney parks during any school vacation week and just do SW parks and hang at the resort. BUT....I got dinner at Be Our Guest and since we haven't been able to get an ADR there the last few trips - the family wants to do it.

We have been to MK plenty - so there is no "need" for certain rides. (well unless the dwarfs got the coaster up and running)

I thought I would do the family magic tour to kill some time - but that isn't offered that day.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do for a somewhat kick back day at MK that will certainly be crowded?

We're going to be there then, too. But we're doing Epcot and DHS that day. But if there's something super-spiffy going on at MK, I might make the switch.

I'm gonna be there that weekend too. Totally didn't realize it was Easter weekend when I booked, but...oh well. LOL

We'll be there- already secured our fast passes and BOG lunch fast pass. Not afraid of the crowd-we will work it like we always do. :cool1:

Ride the train around a few times, get some coffee and look at the castle and if all else fails, ride small world:) I go every year. It's not horribly busy.

I think with Easter falling so late in the month this year, the crowds might not be TOO horrible.

I have always been told and known to avoid MK on this day, but guess what? I will be there as well :rotfl2: We also were able to get dinner at BOG also, which was a surprise. So maybe it will not be as crowded as in the past :rotfl:
What I did was book our 3 FP+ for that evening and just hope for the best for our first nights arrival. Worse comes to worse, we will just check out the new Fantasyland and head back via the MK train to our resort after dinner.
Good luck ;)

We were there for Easter day in 2011. Easter fell in late April...the 24th I think. MK was empty! We drove over from Tampa, and stopped at MK for breakfast at CP, before heading to Sanford and our flight home. We got there about 8am....had breakfast, and were able to do a lot of stuff after eating. We left the park about 11 for our flight.
I have a friend that was a CM in MK that day...she said it was kind of spooky because of so few people. Not sure why it happened but there were not a lot of people there. It may be due to Easter falling so late. That will be the case again this year...so you may get lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter