• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

East bound transatlantic

minnick

Earning My Ears
Just got an email that they are canceling a port already (Valencia, Spain) making it a sea day.
Do they normally try to find another port, its not till may, ore any kind of compensation?

It's possible we could get the port fees refunded. As I understand it, port fees are an estimate. If it ends up being overestimated they will refund the difference. If it's underestimated, DCL just eats it. So depending on how well they estimated the fees on all the other ports, there's a good chance we get some or all of Valencia's port fees back. The email specifically said that it would be a sea day, so I doubt they will add anything at this late date. I was doing some research on Valencia earlier this week and noticed there were no shore excursions released and that the Dream was not listed on the port's schedule so I was kind of expecting it would get cancelled. It's a shame as it looked like a lovey city. Oh well - we still have several other Spanish ports and we are spending 4 days in Barcelona as well :) .

Safe travels!

Any port fees for that stop will be refunded. Since folks book so far in advance, port fees are typically estimated and adjusted closer to sail date anyway.

But it is unlikely there will be any other compensation for cancelling a port from the itinerary.

Have DCL now cancelled both of their Valencia stops? I saw earlier this week that they’d swapped Valencia for Cartagena on the repo from Barcelona to Southampton.

You may get longer at whatever port you’re stopping at before Valencia and a refund of port fees.

May be they ll charge us extra: extra fuel on that seaday; extra entertainment, more food and drinks consumed… but no we wont get any credit for anounced changes before the saildates. If you insist on cancelling cause of it they may wave your cancellation fees but dzf no credit for all. On our wbta23 they changed our itinerary during the sailing and we all got a 100 usd per stateroom credit so not a 25 percent on a future sailing

It's entirely possible that they may eventually substitute another port. We had a port cancelled once (Caribbean cruise) due to a hurricane that passed through about 6 weeks prior to the cruise. We were told that we were going to go to the Bahamas instead, and then when we checked in on embarkation day, they told us that we were going to Costa Maya instead. It takes some time to find a berth when a port is cancelled, and May is a fair bit of time away, so you may be lucky.

There is no compensation for a skipped port other than a refund of port fees if there's no other port added. As per the cruise contract, they make no guarantees about any port for any reason. If you are given any stateroom credit or future cruise credit, it's entirely up to their goodwill and no obligation on their part. Normally, they will just add more activities for a day at sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter