easiest way from CDG to DLP

Disney owl

DIS Veteran
eldest DS & his GF may be visiting DLP in either Oct or Nov for her 18th. but being 17 they've NO plans.

So I'm looking for travel options for them.

I feel a coach trip would be the easiest but they may not agree. I can get cheap flights to GDG.

But what would be the easiest way & not too expensive to get to DLP.

on a recent trip to Paris (no KIds) we flew to CDG & planned on taking the train into Paris. But one look at the queues at the train ticket office we changed our minds & took a taxi.

Opinions & help needed

Thanks

I agree with disneydavey, the VEA runs from CDG and is quick and cheap. It calls at all the resort hotels and picks up from there on return. You can buy tickets on the bus.

Gill

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

What is the rough cost each way from CDG to Eurodisney Santa Fe ?

3 adults travelling so I dont know whether getting a taxi is better value than the bus.

CDG to the Disneyland Hotel was around 77 euros a couple of months ago, so I suppose the Santa Fe will be much the same.

(if you have a wannae be F1 driver it takes around 30 mins)

David :D

ps forgot to say the it's very easy, no waiting on "just missed" buses and it takes you straight there. no going around every hotel till you get to yours (which always seems yours;) )

FWIW, I would just like to point out that, though the taxi is obviously an even easier (and definitely quicker) method of getting to DLP than the shuttle, with the shuttle you know that you will definitely be paying 42 euros for three adults - as long as the rates don't go up in the meantime.;)

From what I've read and my SIL has experienced, taxi rates can vary considerably - probably depending on the driver! I've seen quotes varying from 30 euros to 100, for a one way trip.:eek:

Although the bus is easy and quite cheap and a taxi is easy but quite expensive depending on how many there are in your party, the quickest and cheapest way is by TGV train.

We have just returned and for 69 euros return for the 3 of us, the train took just 9 minutes. It runs every 10 minutes and is bang on time.

Although it is a little more complicated it is still easy. You have to take the airport shuttle bus (free) to terminal 2 (bus number 5)which then runs in a loop and get off at the station. there is a display board on the bus in english and french telling you which stop. (We landed at terminal 3 so to find the bus stop we had to exit the arrivals building and turn right following the pink number 5 sign and walk for about 300 yards so a trolley for your luggage would be a good idea).

As you exit the bus you then go down 3 levels to the TGV station (all well signposted) and either go to the ticket office on your right or to the automatic machines which are also in English and take credit/debit cards, to buy your ticket.

The information board tells you which platform to go to and you have to punch your ticket in the orange machines before you board the train.

The signs on the platform tell you the number of the train and what time it is due. The train arrives bang on time and departs bang on time.

It takes 9 minutes and you get off at the first stop, Marne la Vallee Chessy. When you exit the station the bus terminus is right in front of you. The park hotels have free shuttle buses that take you to the hotels every few minutes.

Simple.

Ian

TGV sounds great if you're fairly unencumbered, but for us with a small child, small child's pushchair, and large suitcase filled with small child's needs, just getting the shuttle from Terminal 3 to 1 was a huge hassle. Just the thought of the rest of the journey - and now with two children - brings me out in a rash. :D

But for Disney Owl's DS and his GF, it sounds like a very valid choice. BTW Ian, did you book the tickets beforehand or buy at the station? I've always thought that if you prebook them you have to book a time of travel, and wonder what would happen if your plane was delayed?

Becky

Yes I did prebook the tickets in advance on the Sncf website, but the tickets are totally flexible and can be changed for an earlier or later train at the station easily at no extra cost.

Ian

Thanks for the info Ian - it's definitely something I'll consider in the future when both DDs walk on their own two legs and carry their own bags!:teeth:

After being stuck for nearly 3 hours in the March warmth at CDG I would go for the rail connection to get to Disney, the coach was stupendously late with no explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter