Earthquake just woke me up!

We're in Pendleton, IN, which is just north of Indianapolis. I didn't even know anything had happened until I got to work a little before 8 and turned on the news! I called DH and he said that it woke him up and he shot straight out of bed. I stirred, but didn't wake up!

Now i'm all shakey though...lol

Champaign, Il felt it!

My sister just called me that lives in Champaign and she said she slept right through it ~ but she has a brand new baby and just returned to work, so she has a valid excuse. ;)

We didn't feel it here (two hours straight north of Milwaukee).

Mid-Missouri here. There are reports that people felt it here but we slept through it. The weird thing is that I had one of those paper Dixie Cups on the top of our headboad. It was empty from when one of the kids had gotten a drink of water in the middle of the night. It fell on my head sometime last night but I didn't look at the clock to see what time it was. I just grabbed it and put it back up. I am wondering now if that was when the earthquake hit and I was just too tired to notice.

My middle daughter was visiting about 40 miles from the epicenter in Illinois. It woke her up. She said she thought a truck may have slammed into my mom's house or a big explosion in the area. She said it sounded like a big crack and boom. Stuff was shaken off shelves. She immediately called us back in Iowa and we thought she was dreaming until she said my mom was up too and they were picking up things that fell. I was teasing her because 2 years ago when we went to WDW, the day we got there, as soon as we set up the camper it started to rain...really hard! Remnants of a hurricane. She only stayed 3 days and when she left no more rain. Florida did not get a lot of rain again until the next year when we went and she was with us...you guessed it, it poured buckets. Now she visits in Illinois and was thinking about taking an impromptu run to WDW and there's an earthquake! I'm not letting her come with us anymore....lol. I asked her what disaster she was going to bring with her next! hahaha
Now she says she's never going to California.

I have to call my family in St. Louis later....:eek:

Nothing really happened here. Just a bunch of shaking. I was at work in a data center. The floor is raised. My chair was actually bouncing up and down. I had to call someone around 6AM and he is in Illinois about 30 miles closer to the epicenter and slept right through it.

Northeast Arkansas here. The adults were all up here due to a sick child. I was sittting at the computer and the chair (office type with rollers) just swayed back and forth. Kept thinking "When is it going to stop?" went to daughters bedroom and son in law said their bed shook.

I'm a few counties away from the epicenter. When they show the map of the epicenter on CNN, our town is on there (if they lableled the towns). It made the toilet lid slam down and swayed the doors. The animals freaked out and it made a pretty weird noise. We live close to train tracks and I thought a train was coming at first but it was the sound of the earthquake.

A few things fell and the pictures are crooked but other than that, no real damage that I can see. We have many old homes and buildings in town and I wonder if there is damage around town.

We felt it NW of Indianapolis....we had just woke up and a couple of minutes later (about 5:38 or so) it started and lasted about 10-15 seconds.

We must be located pretty close. Brownsburg area here. It had the whole house up and jittery. We heard a rumble here and my first thought was thunder/tornado until I got woke up and DH said that was an earth quake!!!

Suburbs of Chicago and entire house snoozed right through it. :confused3 Including Charley. :lmao:

I'm here in Southern Indiana, and my alarm clock said 5:40 a.m. when the house was s-h-a-k-i-n-g. The windows were rattling and stuff fell in the closet; the bed was vibrating. Being a southern Indiana gal, I thought an unexpected cold front came through during the night and we were having a tornado!!

An earthquake never crossed my mind. I phoned my husband at work and he said maybe the neighbors house blew up - he didn't feel a thing.

I got a call back from him a few minutes later when he started hearing the reports.

I am scared to death of structural damage to our house; it was shaking pretty good. I am glad I wasn't any closer. We live in a very low - lying area. I wonder if that makes a difference? (No earthquake experience)

Not a good wake up call!

:scared1:

Angela

We must be located pretty close. Brownsburg area here. It had the whole house up and jittery. We heard a rumble here and my first thought was thunder/tornado until I got woke up and DH said that was an earth quake!!!

Yep we're close.....Zionsville here....We've been know to go to Brownsburg from time to time.

In school this year, my 8 year old had learned about the San Fran quake back in 1906 (April 18th too btw) so when I told him it was an earthquake, his mind went straight to that. I had to assure him it wasn't going to be anything like that!

We thought it was New Madrid too until we saw the news this morning.

That's what I was assuming as well. I'll have to call my family to see if they felt anything. They're in western TN which is pretty far, but if people in WI felt it then maybe they did, too.

Chicago suburbs here. I would have slept through it except for the birds freaking out. It was 20 seconds of the bed shaking and an hour of calming down the birds.

We live 2 counties away from the epicenter....it is the very top of the New Madrid fault. Woke us up with some pretty good shaking...I heard on the news that it was only 10 seconds...but it felt a lot longer than that to me!

Chicago suburbs here. I would have slept through it except for the birds freaking out. It was 20 seconds of the bed shaking and an hour of calming down the birds.

This is why I highly reccomend a sound machine!!! I bring it to Disney World, I cant sleep without it.

Sleep through robberies, shootings, thunder, nuclear wars and earthquakes! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter