• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EarPlanes for Kids?

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried the EarPlane (ear plugs) for Kids? My oldest son (age 8) suffers terribly during landing with the pressure in his ears. We have tried the decong. medicine but it only helps a little.

He was miserable coming back last year from Disney and is terrified to experience this again...several friends have recommended these plugs....

Any comments???? Or other recommendations for the pressure on his ears...Thanks

My DS had a double ear infection last Feb. when we flew to WDW. Our Dr. recommended a nasal spray called Afrin (over the counter). We used that along with earplanes and it worked great. I don't know which was more effective as we used them together both ways flying. My mom had to fly when she had a bad cold and used the Afrin on our recommendation and also had good luck with it.

I can't speak to your little one, but I can give you my experience.

I am 36 and have been flying several times a year since I was 7. I have never NEVER had a landing where I was not reduced to tear (or very close to it). I suffered from chronic ear infections as a child and still get them on occasion, so my drums are covered in scar tissue.

I used Earplanes for the first time about a year and a half ago while travelling on business with my boss, her boss, and his boss. I did not think it would enhance my career to have a Director, VP and Senior VP see my crying. :rolleyes:

All I can say is RUN, don't walk, to your nearest pharmacy, Walmart, whatever, and get a pair. They work like a charm! No pain, no pressure, and I could hear when we landed.

I plan to use them on my little guy when we go at the end of this month.

Good Luck!

Another vote for Earplanes! My DS, 16, first used them 2 years ago after having a bad experience on our trip to WDW; her ears pained her for 3 days afterwards & said they worked great. I used them for myself in August after coming home w/an infection in May & two months of antibiotics thanks to the pressure changes, and got them for DS, 5. He & I both will never fly without them again; no pain, no clogged ears & no infections!

Three Cheers for EarPlanes! . . . I use them every time for my entire family. Also, consider having your son take a decongestant before the flight. Between the two, he will have much relief!

Be sure to read the instructions on the EarPlanes CAREFULLY. . . you do not want to push them in your ears too tightly. Just enough so they do not fall out.

Also, you need to place them in the ears once seated on the aircraft. For a long flight at upper cruising altitude you can remove them, as long as you insert them again before decent. Upon landing, do not remove them until the cabin door is opened, and air pressure is equalized again.

You will have a much more enjoyable flight, and without the two or three days of congestion after arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter