Early November 2021 to avoid MK parties?

thptrek

DIS Veteran
So we have used our DVC the last couple of times for mid December trips. We love the holiday decorations. The big bummer last year was that with all the MVMCP dates, there was only one night we could go to Magic Kingdom without buying a party ticket. We generally go Monday thru Saturday. I should add that last year we went to the MVMCP and we thought it was a waste. The crowds have gotten so big, the cost keeps going up, etc.

I am looking at Nov 1-6, 202. I really want to avoid party dates if at all possible. I'm thinking the Nov 1-6 would be right after Halloween party and before the Christmas parties kick off.

I know things are totally in flux and nobody can predict but given past history what do you all think?

Pretty sure this is the run up to Jersey week so not sure about crowds.

But, if there are no parties yet it will be a good thing for getting more MK night time!!

That will be Jersey week so other than Thanksgiving probably the worst week to head to Disney next November. From reading about it in the past.

Election Day next year is November 2, so your proposed week is Jersey Week!

Not all resorts are decorated that early.

Totally not what you asked but I personally loved going to MK on party days. Fewer crowds (before they let party people in) because of the shorter hours. We just dedicated 2 days instead of 1 long day to MK. Usually hopped over to Epcot afterwards if we had the energy for another park.

The trip will be during the 50th. Also, besides some crowd increase due to Jersey week, if there is any return to normalcy, you will likely have the Wine & Dine Race weekend (starting the Thurs of your trip) during that time. There is also the possibility of the first MVCMP on the Friday, although that might not occur until the Monday after that weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I grew up in NJ but never think about Jersey Week. What about the next couple of weeks before thanksgiving Holiday. Like week of Nov 8 or 15

^Next year could have real variances from prior years -- crowds down if Covid still issue, or crowds up for 50th. Otherwise, we have found both those weeks to have heavy but not overwhelming crowds with one exception, Epcot is near extreme the weekend that ends Food & Wine, which, following prior practices, would be Nov 11-14 next year.

Thanks for the info. I grew up in NJ but never think about Jersey Week. What about the next couple of weeks before thanksgiving Holiday. Like week of Nov 8 or 15
Week of November 14 will be the better of the two for park crowds.

^Next year could have real variances from prior years -- crowds down if Covid still issue, or crowds up for 50th. Otherwise, we have found both those weeks to have heavy but not overwhelming crowds with one exception, Epcot is near extreme the weekend that ends Food & Wine, which, following prior practices, would be Nov 11-14 next year.
Actually, Food & Wine went all the way to the weekend before Thanksgiving last year. If it continues in that way, the last weekend would be 19-21.

In the past we have avoided Epcot during any weekend due to the crowds from the festivals. If Disney does not bring back a local resident AP, then lots of the day trip locals may no longer be at the parks on weekends and this may change patterns.

I think I'll book November 15-20 and see what happens. We are all adults who have been many times so we know the drill and know how to plan for whatever things will be like in 2021.

They start the parties pretty early. Usually, the last Halloween party is on the 1st. We have taken a trip and gone to the Halloween party and then the Christmas party a week later. In 2019, the Christmas party November dates were; 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, and 24

We will just have to work around the party dates I guess. we used to enjoy the parties but not the last couple of years.

My hubby and I call them "ninja strikes". Go in, get your FP+ done ( when we did those), get out. We haven't done a party in a while becasue they are crowded and never change. It is fun to be in the park with a purpose in mind like your three rides. At 52, I can get a quick vibe and get back to our villa for Netflix or Mando. It is an adult only trip always and I am still working full time...so at this point our trips are like the annual visit to the mountains or beach. If we do a park, ok...if not, ok.

This past Nov 2020, my MIL and I did MK on Monday, 11/2. She was nervous about Covid so we only went in the shops along Main Street...but the tree was up with the wreaths on lamp posts down Main Street. We were both happily surprised. We stayed for about 2.5 hours. It was enough to snap a couple of pictures and enjoy Christmas at MK.

So we have used our DVC the last couple of times for mid December trips. We love the holiday decorations. The big bummer last year was that with all the MVMCP dates, there was only one night we could go to Magic Kingdom without buying a party ticket. We generally go Monday thru Saturday. I should add that last year we went to the MVMCP and we thought it was a waste. The crowds have gotten so big, the cost keeps going up, etc.

I am looking at Nov 1-6, 202. I really want to avoid party dates if at all possible. I'm thinking the Nov 1-6 would be right after Halloween party and before the Christmas parties kick off.

I know things are totally in flux and nobody can predict but given past history what do you all think?
I have no clue what MVMCP is but a couple years ago we went to the last Halloween party and the first Christmas party on the same trip. The Christmas Party was December 9. This means there were about eight nights with no party. The Halloween party had temps of 88 degrees and the Christmas Party was not much different. A hot trip for fall but we love Disney no matter.

Christmas decorations start to go up in MK on 1st November, starting with Main Street. Usually takes about 10 days to get them all up at MK in time for the first MVMCP round about mid November. Could be different for 2021 though, depends how things work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter