Early morning hours @ AK

tink20

DIS Veteran
Will it affect the evening, say 4pm & later. Will have FPs (planning to go here on arrival day)
Should we pick a different park?

Going to MK the next day.

What day are you going? Depending on when you are going, AK closes at 8 p.m. I don't know if I would waste a park day on my tickets for 4 hours.

In terms of crowds, usually the park that has extra magic hours will be the busiest park. That can be due to several things. Those people staying on property that only have one park per day tickets can only go to AK if they want to experience that park. Also, people who are park hopping that day might go to AK later and take advantage of a less crowded park in the morning that doesn't have the extra magic hours.

AK seems to be crowded ever since Pandora opened.

I actually have the same plan as you on my upcoming trip of going to AK first (it's a tradition of mine), and I'm going to MK the next day. The only difference is AK doesn't have extra magic hours on my first day.

Will it affect the evening, say 4pm & later. Will have FPs (planning to go here on arrival day)
Should we pick a different park?

Going to MK the next day.

Morning EMH does not have a major negative affect on evening crowds, if that park offers
longer evening hours.

June 9th, we will be there for a week, so one more day of tickets won’t cost too much. I was choosing AK because it’s close to where we are staying. (ASM)
But I could choose another park, maybe Epcot.
Just don’t want to walk into a super packed park. AK use to be a good park to go to in the afternoons, but we haven’t been in a couple of years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter