Early morning flight transportation

marthachick

Traveling Grammy
My sister and I will be leaving MCO on an early flight on a Friday. Flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. What transportation would you recommend for us? I'm just not real sure about an Uber or Lyft at 3ish a.m. Airline is Southwest if that matters. And we don't want to rent a car.

prebook lyft or uber ahead of time- I've done it a few times with no problem

Uber and Lyft will definitely be looking for riders at that time. They realize that there are plenty of people with early flights. I think it is the easiest option as it is direct and conveniently drops off at the terminal.

prebook lyft or uber ahead of time- I've done it a few times with no problem
I would be careful about prebooking Uber. What I've been told by both riders and drivers is that Uber prebook isn't actually a prebook, it just automates the ride popping up in the app for drivers at whatever the current estimated wait time is. Lyft actually notifies the drivers of the opportunity and lets them accept the ride in advance.

I would be careful about prebooking Uber. What I've been told by both riders and drivers is that Uber prebook isn't actually a prebook, it just automates the ride popping up in the app for drivers at whatever the current estimated wait time is. Lyft actually notifies the drivers of the opportunity and lets them accept the ride in advance.
From what I can tell you also pay a premium for pre-booking. I can’t confirm but have observed it enough times that Im extremely suspicious.

My sister and I will be leaving MCO on an early flight on a Friday. Flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. What transportation would you recommend for us? I'm just not real sure about an Uber or Lyft at 3ish a.m. Airline is Southwest if that matters. And we don't want to rent a car.
We've Uber-ed early morning back to MCO. I always check with the front desk and ask, if they usually have taxi's out front or have had any issues with guests getting an Uber. I just like to get "a feel" for how transportation has been working, while I am there.

Don't wait until the last second to leave for MCO!

From what I can tell you also pay a premium for pre-booking. I can’t confirm but have observed it enough times that Im extremely suspicious.
Ok- I usually use lyft bc I like to prebook. Last month a trip from a disney springs hotel to MCO at 4:30 am cost around $41 for 4 people (then I added a tip) if that helps. I've done this for a couple of years with no problems. (side point but we needed every second of time too the airport was a mess)

I had no problems with Mears Connect in September with a 7am flight. Will be a good amount of Canadians plus guests returning to Japan, Singapore, etc waiting with you for that very early a.m. bus. Be prepared for pick up 3 to 4 hrs before your flight time.

We often have an early flight home (4:00 am resort pick-up) and have been using Happy Limo since the demise of ME. They are a pricier alternative, but their service has been rock solid for us. And although we book round-trip, you don’t have to do that.

On both of our trips last year (early September and early November) the security line at MCO was 45 minutes to over an hour long (we fly American, so it was terminal B). So arriving early is much less stressful in that regard.

On both of our trips last year (early September and early November) the security line at MCO was 45 minutes to over an hour long (we fly American, so it was terminal B). So arriving early is much less stressful in that regard.
The TSA Pre line at MCO can be 20-30 minutes. It's generally not that long but a 5 minute wait is not guaranteed. Some posters, NOT IN THIS THREAD, cut the timing too close for occasional leisure flyers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter