Early March storm clouds

We're from NorCal and coming down tomorrow night through the weekend. Our Magic Keys expire on Sunday, so this is our last trip for awhile. I'm bummed that the weather is looking so wet and cold. I know, First World problem, but still bummed about it. I absolutely hate rain and don't like being wet. We got new raincoats so we don't have to deal with ponchos, and will be bringing extra shoes & socks. I guess we're prepared as much as we can be. It'll still be better than being at work.

When I made this thread, I thought for sure it would be a downpour due to long-term forecast saying rain. Now it's saying chilly clouds. What a roller coaster.

I think I'll listen harder to the other posters who said wait until last minute.

Im thinking I might get that 3/3 fireworks show after all.

When I made this thread, I thought for sure it would be a downpour due to long-term forecast saying rain. Now it's saying chilly clouds. What a roller coaster.

I think I'll listen harder to the other posters who said wait until last minute.

Im thinking I might get that 3/3 fireworks show after all.
Sadly for us the forecast has actually been getting worse as it gets closer lol. Hoping in the next 4 days it starts to change for the better.

Yikes guys! But as they say "A bad day at DLR is better than a good day, well, anywhere else!".

I was going to be down in So Cal just about now visiting family and doing a day trip to DLR, but about 2 wks ago something told me "Nah, go at the end of March". Glad I listened to that little voice!

We are flying out tomorrow headed to Death Valley Saturday...where there is a winter weather warning now for the higher elevations, and rain at the lower elevations. So, looks like we'll be experiencing the desert in the rain. Then will be at Disneyland Tuesday - Thursday, of which Tuesday and Wednesday look like pretty persistent rain and chilly. I'll be taking my waterproof Keen hiking shoes (kind of a cross between a hiking shoe and a trail runner), my Gore-Tex rain jacket and will even have rain pants in the suitcase in case it comes to that. Can't really reschedule the trip at this point, so I'm determined to have fun no matter the weather. And hopefully Thursday's forecast holds and we get one sunny day.

Apparently big winds and the parks closed early at 11pm tonight. Hope everyone is safe.

Flying in next Wednesday out of Vancouver BC, staying till Sunday. We have an incoming snowstorm this weekend. I just want to be able see Wondrous Journeys, WOC One, and Magic Happens 🙏😭

We ended up going yesterday (in town for vacation, but hadn’t planned on Disney this time). We lasted rope drop until about 5:30. I was surprised at how crowded it was, despite the rain. We had fun, but it was wet!!

We are back in 5 weeks and hoping for sunnier weather!

We ended up going yesterday (in town for vacation, but hadn’t planned on Disney this time). We lasted rope drop until about 5:30. I was surprised at how crowded it was, despite the rain. We had fun, but it was wet!!

We are back in 5 weeks and hoping for sunnier weather!

Fitting name RainyDayPixie! You guys are tougher than me. I had a Disney livestreamer's video pop up in my youtube feed yesterday so I watched for a few minutes. Conditions at DL looked brutal - constant rain, wind, and cool temps. Think that would have been a "nope, I'm out" day for me.

Fitting name RainyDayPixie! You guys are tougher than me. I had a Disney livestreamer's video pop up in my youtube feed yesterday so I watched for a few minutes. Conditions at DL looked brutal - constant rain, wind, and cool temps. Think that would have been a "nope, I'm out" day for me.
We live in Seattle, so used to having rain not stop us. But it was wet and cold!

I’m going back down for a two day trip in 5 weeks and crossing fingers for warmer weather. It looks chilly down there for the next bit (and unseasonably cold up here too).

We leave to go to DL tomorrow morning. Pretty bummed at the forecast for the first 3 days. I'm prepared as I can be though. Been a challenge to decide what to pack as far as clothes. I'm usually pretty cold anyway so I'll plan on being cold. Just gonna go with the attitude that a rainy day at DL is better than a nice day at work lol and we will just make the best of it.

Is that picture taken at DL?
That is so cool!
Palm trees and snowy mountains- just, wow!

Yep, coming down the escalator from the 5th level of the Pixar Pals parking structure.

Here's the wide view. It was almost a 180 of snow capped mountains. It was absolutely breathtaking. I've never seen this much snow on our mountains in 22 years living here.

20230226_083433.jpg

View from Mickey and Friends this morning:

View attachment 742429

Awesome photo. We drove up to L.A. yesterday to go to universal studios, and the drive along the 5 was amazing…. So much snow in places we’ve never seen it throughout OC and L.A.

The view from the scenic vantage point between the upper and lower lots at Universal was incredible… snow on the mountains behind the San Fernando Valley.

It was sooooo cold though yesterday though…. We could not get warm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter